Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1089333 times)

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.6 FF7 PC
« Reply #1650 on: 2013-10-22 19:29:44 »
Note that by saying 1 summon per battle I don't mean 1 summon use for the entire battle, I mean 1 use for each summon materia equipped.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1651 on: 2013-10-23 21:02:46 »
worldmap encounters are handled by a different file than the flevel ( which handles field encounters ) and new bosses are specific new battles that were previously debug or unused scenes.
I'm honestly too lazy to explain why exactly you can meet new monsters ( like size growing ones ) but not new bosses if you install the mod but dont patch the flevel

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1652 on: 2013-10-23 21:25:14 »
Squall, I'm curious. Did you see this pop-up during your Bootleg install? If so, did you select the options exactly as the image?

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3586/gjoerulvhardcore.png

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: 2013-10-25 00:51:17 »
Squall, I'm curious. Did you see this pop-up during your Bootleg install? If so, did you select the options exactly as the image?

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3586/gjoerulvhardcore.png
Hi. Yes I did see that pop-up during installation, and yes I'm pretty sure I selected everything just like it's showing in your pic there.
I've tried to look just now for any .txt that could show the procedures it took during installation but I'm not finding it, or maybe I just deleted it.
Although I've already fixed the problem by re-installing the mod I'll be glad to help on finding out what could've gone wrong during install.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-25 00:52:58 by Squall_1904 »

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: 2013-10-25 01:07:32 »
Hum. Now that I think about it I still have the originals .lgp files on a separate place in case I needed them. I could have used the original flevel.lgp for some reason to install some other mod or something. Well, this is a "what if" anyway. I don't suppose I did this, not after I started using Bootleg. It was many months ago.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1655 on: 2013-10-25 03:08:21 »
Yeah, there's no way of knowing at this point. In any case, good to see you solved it.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1656 on: 2013-10-25 03:48:29 »
If you're only adding the hc mod you should be fine. Like myself, I don't care about that
Use bootleg if you want multiple mods. If you're in for difficulty, there are other mods that may sooth your needs.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1657 on: 2013-10-25 04:00:11 »
To ease my curiosity, did you try with different partysetup?

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: 2013-10-25 10:06:03 »
To ease my curiosity, did you try with different partysetup?
Nope, not for the boss on the Hades materia at least. I personally don't think that anything on character models could mess up with the bosses appearing or not, if that's what you're thinking. Btw, ff7.exe is also patched, right? What if it was something missing there, or not patched right? Or maybe some other mod that needed to do something on the ff7.exe too during the installation and somehow messed up a code on ff7.exe that enabled those new boss battles? xD Lol dunno, just saying. x)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1659 on: 2013-10-25 18:59:24 »
I wan thinking about the last soldier fight before Hojo. I accounted for a party with or without CaitS as it is his event that triggers the fight.
The extra bosses are in flevel.lgp. The exe is only patched for the limit breaks.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: 2013-10-26 20:34:52 »
Well I fight with Cloud, Cid and Yuffie, so I don't think Cait Sith could have been the problem there. :/ 

licc85

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: 2013-11-12 12:01:46 »
Hi, I would really like to install this mod, but I'm having issues getting the patch to work. I'm on Windows 7 and I'm playing the Steam version. I ran the app as the administrator. I checked the 2012 remake box and navigated the "dir" to my FFVII folder in steamapps.

I also set the language to English, which is the version I'm playing.

When I click the button to patch, it immediately gives me an error. Here's what it said in the log:

Below log created: 11/12/2013 at 8:59:05 PM
PROGRESS:
Checking files.
 File check-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\lang-en\battle\scene.bin FAILED!

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\lang-en\battle\scene.bin'.
Patch finished.
Time spent: 0:03

I navigated to the folder it said, and the scene.bin was there . . . how can I fix this and get the patch to work?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1662 on: 2013-11-12 21:18:38 »
I don't own the steam version. But I guess it at least should be possible to copy the data folder to another location and try.
Was that the entire log?

Try this:

1) Create a folder in C: named anything, or something or yadayada (for example: C:\anything)
2) Copy the data folder, ff7_en.exe and lang.dat to C:\anything from your FF7 install folder. (The contents of C:\anything will be the entire data folder and those other files).
3) Select C:\anything\data in the patch application. Select re-release, the files you want and click patch. Run as admin.
4) If everything went fine copy/cut the files back.

However, I'm not sure how the steam version is, which means I'm not sure if this works.

licc85

• View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: 2013-11-13 10:48:22 »
Oh, nevermind, I figured it out. I didn't navigate the directory to the FFVII/Data folder, just the FFVII folder. Problem solved. Thanks for the quick reply anyways :)

terrabrake

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: 2013-11-29 14:40:50 »
Hi gjoerulv,

do you think the changes in the Steam version may affect your mod?

You can check them here http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII/Version_Differences

Thanks.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1665 on: 2013-12-12 19:14:45 »
Yes, as far as I know it's fully compatible. Remember to select the FF7 data folder not the main ff7 folder. The data folder is in the same folder as the .exe file (ff7_en.exe etc.).

Blah

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 2013-12-20 23:15:24 »
Hello there! Got my hands back on this game with hardcore mod *again* (I think it is the third time I start it over), one day hopefully I'll manage to complete it before life gets in the way yet again!

So, I have a question here : I'm trying to get L5 death from the Izanagi (in wutai, scene 152/153), and I just don't understand how the AI works on this. So, I'd like to know just when this guy uses this attack.

But I'd also appreciate if anyone could explain how the script works on this! Because I've opened the script with Proud Clod, and I don't understand how the LocalVar is managed. I get the part that it is only used as a final attack depending on the state of the localvar, and the increments on his other moves, but I don't get the part when the random is used to decrement it.

Thanks in advance!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 2013-12-23 01:49:19 »
Right, first off the LocalVar needs to equal 0 for Izanagi to use Lv5 Death as his final attack. His AI adds 1 to this value each time he uses Tsu or Yume. Then he'll use Kyu, and the AI is supposed to randomly detract 1 or 2 from the LocalVar: 0000 (50% chance of it becoming 0 or 1). It needs to be sitting at 0 when you land the finishing attack so only try to kill him after he's used Kyu (if you kill him after he's used either Tsu or Yume then it's guaranteed that LocalVar:0000 will be either 1 or 2, rather than 0, and you won't see Lv5 Death).

But, I've not fought Izanagi that I can remember so I gotta ask: does he stop attacking after using Kyu or does he do anything else unusual? I've had trouble getting monster AI to subtract values and to my knowledge the game doesn't naturally use subtraction commands in a default game (it instead pushes a new value into variables in most cases). If Izanagi stops attacking or starts using the same move over and over then there might be an issue with the AI that'll prevent you from getting LV5 Death from him (outside of killing him before he has a turn). If he's attacking normally, using a mixture of moves, then his AI is probably okay.

Now for scripting-

I've only a working knowledge of AI (I know how to get things to work but not necessarily how or why they work). From what I know, Random MOD (#) makes the game generate a number based on the one specified. So Random MOD (5) will have the game generate 0-5 as a number (so six possibilities in all); this'll then direct the AI to the correct 'chain'. The (Not) thingie in there though changes how it works slightly. The number has to be the same as the number of options (it perhaps eliminates 0 from the generated numbers) and it'll choose one or the other; a 50% chance in this case.

LocalVar itself seems to be a set of temporary variables that the game uses to store numbers that the game can use to direct monster AI to particular attacks and code. In some cases though they get used to store target information, enemy/character ID, animations, moves, and other information. They're quite versatile, and they go in 20's for some reason, so LocalVar:0000, then LocalVar:0020, 0040, etc. rather than LocalVar:0000, 0001, etc.

Someone with more experience can definitely explain it better, though.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1668 on: 2013-12-24 23:21:55 »
Yes, landing the final blow after it uses "Ku" is the only way of triggering it besides killing it before it acts at all. There is still only a 50% possibility though.

Blah

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 2013-12-27 10:28:03 »
Got it! Actually I was using an old version of ProudClod that messed up the indentation, it looked like the substraction thing was happening after each attack. With the latest version it is clearer though; and with your explanations its allright. And I got my L5 death right on the first try after he casts Ku, now I can laugh at these Griever in Gaia Cliff :)

Just one thing, I think you are wrong when you say that random MOD 5 yields any value from 0 to 5 : in mathematics, 5 modulo 5 will return 0 and not 5, so random mod 5 will return something from 0 to 4. But I could be wrong, since it could be different in FF7.

Anyway, thank you folks!

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1670 on: 2013-12-30 00:38:52 »
Yes a random mod 2 will be 50%. random mod 5 = 20%.
% = 100 / random mod(x).

Blah

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 2014-01-08 20:38:54 »
Hello, back again with yet another stupid question to ask! Did you change anything in the chocobo breeding part? I've this black chocobo and this great chocobo (or whatever this fkin chicken is called in english version), they are both class S, and they will never produce a gold chocobo for me, they only give birth to another black or another yellow, I don't get it.

I've done it countless times on vanilla, from what I recall you get a gold chocobo 100% of the time if the sum of the victories of the two parents are greater or equal than 12, in my case they have 9 victories each, got a very fine and fresh zeio nut, its a male and a female, what's wrong?

Not that I need a gold chocobo right now, I've yet to beat the mime and hp/mp bosses lol, but I'm quite puzzled at that

(the carry armor was bloody easy, what happened there? Nailed it on first try with no preparations whatsoever, was lvl55ish, no fancy materia yet, only good ol'comet, he hits like my grandma! but the mod is overall awesome so far)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 2014-01-08 21:44:51 »
I can't remember specifically which glitch this is but there's two; one is where the game has a coding flaw and you have to talk to the Black chocobo first when selecting which chocobos to mate in order to stand any chance of getting a Gold. SuperAcro has a video on the Black/Wonderful breeding glitch: http://youtu.be/PpSdTxFRlfU

Or it might be the RNG problem; to fix the RNG, basically load the game and get into a fight somewhere on the world map, save the game, and then try breeding. If it fails, then load again and fight another battle to change the RNG. That's more for fixing the 'always green male' problem though.

Blah

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2014-01-10 08:29:19 »
Ok so I swear I never encountered this bug in my numerous playthrough of the vanilla game. It fixed it. What is strange is that I checked the chocobo quest on SuperAcro's website, and he does not mention this bug there. I owe you one lol

As for the "always green male", I actually had "always green female" and no matter how much fighting I did, it never changed. I did all the junon reactor quest to change the rng and it would still give me a green female. I went to grab some enemy skills here and there and they would still give me a green female.

I eventually had to capture two other chocobos to get a blue male, this worked, but even after all that the two fking chickens I had captured first would still give me a green female. Go figure.

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 2014-01-20 16:03:05 »
hey

i am having some trouble getting this hardcore mod patch to work for me

so please take a look at the screenshot

because everytime i press Detect, that small error box comes up

thanks
http://postimg.org/image/3vkb0is0f/
« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 16:08:41 by bobby678 »