Author Topic: FF7 - Idea to remove Cloud Model from Snowboarding completely  (Read 1912 times)

Blagnarok

• View Profile
Hi, I put together a load order that is pretty much consistent throughout the game graphically, except for the Snowboarding minigame.  It seems people have not figured out a way to replace Cloud's model.  There was once a mod to remove the minigame completely, which would work but what a shame, although that seems to be lost to the aether since the download link is broken: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15255.0

Anyway, to fix this inconsistency, I had an idea that maybe someone could remove Cloud's model from the minigame entirely.  That would make the minigame play just like he was snowboarding in First Person perspective.  I have played it out, imagining his model wasn't there, and it really well as a First Person snowboarding minigame, especially since all you need to do to collect the balloons is have them hit your screen toward the center, they don't even need to hit the area containing Cloud's model to be counted.

Does anyone know if this is possible to just remove the munchkin chibi Cloud completely so we can snowboard in first person view?

Another cool idea would be to keep the snowboarding sequence in the arcade, since it's still playable that way, but to still remove the sequence from the main game after leaving the Icicle Inn, like the missing mod that I mentioned above.  Makes sense to have a chibi version in an arcade game within the game, but it makes no sense to snowboard as a chibi between scenes when Cloud is full sized.  A nice gag would be to just have the screen black out and skip the sequence, than have Cloud wake up in the deep snow and say something like "Ouch! I think that snowboard was defective!" Then when the arcade opens up later, have it be the normal chibi sequence but he could say something after his first game like, "I wish snowboarding was like that in real life!"

Here's a link to my "Ultimate 7thHeaven 2.0" load order and install guide:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19567.msg272217#msg272217

Cheers and regards,
Blagnarok
« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 05:19:18 by Blagnarok »

Blagnarok

• View Profile
This was not meant to be a reply to myself, not sure how to delete it lol.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Until SUPER recently, it's not been possible to do anything to the Snowboard Mini-game. I think Maki has recently come up with something that can alter it, but apparently not super a lot. Like I don't think we could put in the same models like are on the fields. Something about having over around 255 (or less) vertices will end up having the model trimmed/cut off. Though not quite sure how your idea would go through. It's an interesting idea for sure, but I think that might be a little awkward. You'd have to move the camera up to where the board is, or your going to hit the wall a lot further away than it would feel. It's an interesting idea though for sure.