Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 690778 times)

Ouroboros

• meh, lost my achivement (-_-)p
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #925 on: 2011-11-02 15:02:54 »
The Bootleg Configurator includes the above fixes and automates the installation of all models in this thread plus many more.

Too complicated for me, gues i have to stick with the chibi default models...

I dont know why is so hard to someon upload a working char.lgp and world_us.lgp with the enhanced models...

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 2011-11-02 15:37:10 »
Distributing whole game libraries violates the Qhimm rules.
It basically amounts to pirating the game.
Also, the models are from different authors.
Many authors do not want their work modified and repackaged.
The chibi models come in at least 5 separate downloads and also require manually modifying the lgp archives.
But you only have to download the archives once.  Unfortunately-- unless you read through the Bootleg Big List of FF7 Mods-- the links are scattered to the four corners of Qhimm.

The Remix modification is totally playable with only a few crashes and damaged models. 
You're only missing a little under 70 new models.
Also, the Remastered Difficulty Mod is already applied after installing Remix.  This mod starts characters with overpowered gear to make the game much easier. It doesn't play well with certain other mods.  You should be able to speed through parts of the game to minimize the number of crashes.
Just make sure to save often.

Ouroboros

• meh, lost my achivement (-_-)p
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: 2011-11-03 01:34:47 »
thanks for the info, but if involve edit manualy the files to have it working or donwload a half made mod that CTD time to time, i gona stick with the default ones...

Thanks pitbrat

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 2011-11-15 19:00:42 »
Okay, people...with a great pleasure, want to say, that all models in-game are rebuiled!. This took a lot of time, but now it's finished. Someone of you waited for them. Someone already forgot. But anyway I want to share my work.  ;D
Thanx to Borde for his Kimera! Thanx to original PRP authors! Thanx to StickySock for his testings! ;)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?i8yk053vsoybnkc

To use them You'll have use LGPtools, extract PRP's char.lgp (00.lgp), copy my models to that folder and create your own char.lgp/00.lgp.
Let me know if there any models that I missed or something wrong with them!

Must warn you, that i remade many of PRP models too, to fit them one style. If you don't like them, that's your problem :) Sorry...I'll not make some changes in them. (I mean somekind of adding shadows etc. I used original colors and more polygonal models!)
If you like them and like to see some other models in "this" style, just say about it. I'll try to make them ;)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: 2011-11-15 21:40:01 »
I have to ask if you allow us to include these models directly in Bootleg, without requiring a separate download.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 2011-11-16 10:15:31 »
I have to ask if you allow us to include these models directly in Bootleg, without requiring a separate download.
Models now is free to use. Somekind of Installer would be great! 

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 2011-11-16 16:18:47 »
Awesome work squallff8 btw it would be good if you listed the ones you modified but anyways good work!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 2011-11-16 16:31:27 »
PitBrat got to see which ones were new and some modified. Soon to be in Bootleg and U001!

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 2011-11-16 17:36:54 »
There are 46 new models that are modified from the original PRP/rebuilded combo.
I'm sorting the models for use in the Unified Model installer.
I'll also update Bootles with the 46 new models.

A quick question: do you prefer the pre shaded models or the solid color models?
For Bootleg I always opt for the pre shaded.  Do these appear too dark in the game?  All of the new rebuilded models are of the solid color variety.  The PRP models are a mixed lot.  What do y'all think?

Thanks for the amazing work, Squallff8!  This release took a lot of time and effort.  I'll make sure to promote these models so that everyone has a chance to enjoy them.

ProtoX

« Reply #934 on: 2011-11-22 13:30:30 »
okay this is a problem i encountered with the new models. every area of the game works when i started a new game to test the new models. once i enter the shrina mansion it crashes. when i switched back to the default prp char file it doesn't crash the game at the shinra mansion.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-22 13:33:10 by ProtoX »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 2011-11-23 00:26:45 »
Could you be more specific about the location of the crash?
Send me a copy of your save game.  I've included these models in the new Bootleg and I want to make sure I've corrected all the crashes.
I'm using my edited versions of these models and I have no crash when entering Don Cornio's mansion in Sector 7 nor when entering the Shin Ra building.

NOTE:
Wrestler 3 has no eyes.
The same fix I used for the original rebuilded model also works to correct the new model.

ProtoX

« Reply #936 on: 2011-11-23 02:17:10 »
Could you be more specific about the location of the crash?
Send me a copy of your save game.  I've included these models in the new Bootleg and I want to make sure I've corrected all the crashes.
I'm using my edited versions of these models and I have no crash when entering Don Cornio's mansion in Sector 7 nor when entering the Shin Ra building.

NOTE:
Wrestler 3 has no eyes.
The same fix I used for the original rebuilded model also works to correct the new model.

here's my save file http://www.mediafire.com/?tgzsc55t4ddtdic

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 2011-11-23 03:37:43 »
I identified the files causing the new final rebuilded models to crash.

The damaged files are:
    BLHF.P
    BLIF.P

To repair these files, you will need the tool Kimera.
Run Kimera and perform these actions:
    Load BLHF.P
    Save and replace BLHF.P
    Load BLIF.P
    Save and replace BLIF.P

Now Cloud can explore the mansion without a crash.
This fix and others are included in Bootleg 0037.

Milo Leonhart

• French...
    • View Profile
    • EKOI
« Reply #938 on: 2011-11-23 15:30:16 »
They are among us ... :D

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 2011-11-23 15:40:50 »
You can fix the the wrestler's missing eyes by doing this:
    Open DNEE.RSD in Notepad
    Add this as the first line: @RSD940102
    Save and Replace

Now he'll have eyes!

jared1337

« Reply #940 on: 2011-12-24 20:51:28 »
How do you get the CUSTOM CLOUD ADVENT CHILDREN MODELS http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/custom-cloud-advent-children-models/ to work with the PHOENIX REJUVENATION PROJECT? It requires that you replace the char.lgp file, but if I do that then my entire patch that I just did to the char.lgp to get the customAC Cloud gets messed up. Do you HAVE to replace the char.lgp for the PRP to update everything? I just dont want it updating cloud as I already have the CustomAC on him and that required a char.lgp mod.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2011-12-24 21:54:17 »
1. Custom AC Cloud is illegal. No support is given for it.
2. The website you provided does not only provide illegal and outdated mods, but also very outdated informations. I would be fine if they kept it up-to-date, but they don't. This website is about the same as the Remix : user-friendly that causes more and more newbies to use it, but very, very old and not kept up-to-date so it causes more problems than benefits. Stick with Bootleg instead.

Roamin

« Reply #942 on: 2012-01-03 15:05:42 »
Thanks for all the great work.  I read a few posts ago that all the models had been rebuilt,  but i still see some old blocky models here and there.

I didn't take a screenshot of those two, but the guy greeting you at the fort condor (which is one of the merchants inside as well) along with the other merchant , and the npc that starts the fort battle all use old blocky models.

The girl on the water plane is blocky. : http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4048/modelonairplane.jpg

The merchant and the waitress in Costa del sol also : http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9550/costadelsolbar.jpg

Barret dressed as a sailor seems to be an old blocky model as well ? : http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6894/cargoship.jpg

As i keep playing through the game, will report if anything else is wrong.  Running on win7 , 64bit, using a FULL preset install of bootleg 0036

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 2012-01-03 16:50:49 »
The main prp left some out so there are seperate add ons across this forum look here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12503.msg173803#msg173803

it lists most models available, and i think this has the missing ones (not too sure)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.msg174621#msg174621

Still have a look on both the links

Roamin

« Reply #944 on: 2012-01-03 20:10:28 »
All right thanks for the pointer :)  I updated the char.lgp accordingly, but since it overwrites the APZ field cloud model, i had some more research to do. Anyways found out that cloud's model is files AA* so i used those instead, and now i have full models + the cloud i was playing with for last 15 hours :).

Thank you very much

Sid

« Reply #945 on: 2012-01-06 00:00:09 »
This is great but im having just a few problems.  Im not trying to heavily mod the game because Im sure Ill mess up something sometime, as I am not great with this stuff.  But I do wish to use some of the more comprehensive mods like this one.  First Ill list the small amount of mods that I use and my problem that I think is from PRP.

FF7  official patch 1.02
Aalis custom driver
Gjoerulvs hardcore patch
FF7 music installer w/ finalfantims music
PRP

My problem is that so far only barret has a high res model, and somehow my field background textures are even more pixelated.  Not terrible but worse.   Right now my field model of cloud is actualy more detailed, haha!

That being said the work everyone is doing on this game is beyond awesome and I am in no way complaining,  just wondering if I can solve these issues.

Also, can someone link me to an awesome weapon pack for cloud? or any character really.  I've been looking but only find threads discussing them with no actual files.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 2012-01-06 05:42:30 »
We have a project to compile all mods in 1 installer...  it may take a while.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2012-01-06 17:34:26 »
Sid you won't have pixelated field backgrounds if you got this mod:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12260.0
and here is a awesome weapon pack fro cloud as you requested:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8560.0
Also you may have noticed that prp have some models that aren't finished yet like some are still original field models but some time in the future there will (might) be a full model installer like what DPLB has mentioned.

Sid

« Reply #948 on: 2012-01-07 04:38:33 »
Sid you won't have pixelated field backgrounds if you got this mod:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12260.0
and here is a awesome weapon pack fro cloud as you requested:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8560.0
Also you may have noticed that prp have some models that aren't finished yet like some are still original field models but some time in the future there will (might) be a full model installer like what DPLB has mentioned.

Ah yes I saw that thread before I just couldnt find a link to the file,  guess I was just unobservant!  thank you much!!  that weapon pack looks amazing exactly what I was hoping for!

Darkangel

« Reply #949 on: 2012-01-12 01:15:02 »
Can I install this mod alongside other custom character models?

I'd like to have custom high-quality models for the party members, but also have the redone NPCs from this pack.