Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Smoother 60FPS Battles (v0.95)  (Read 302671 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Smoother 60FPS Battles (v0.93)
« Reply #275 on: 2015-02-20 18:38:15 »
if it's anything like mine, the correct place will be 5BF065.  Although, I think with me I have same issue as you and this is just a fix that isn't a fix.  But you'll find it eventually...
« Last Edit: 2015-02-20 18:42:40 by DLPB »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2015-02-20 18:59:04 »
There's also a bug with Tifa's slots that you'll need to correct:

006E329B = 83 E1 03             
006E329E = 8D 94 CA 44 01 00 00

or just
006E329B = 83 E1 03 8D 94 CA 44 01 00 00

Dziugo fixed this.  Good job I went back and read what he wrote to me.
What does this bugfix do?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2015-02-20 19:02:02 »
What does this bugfix do?

It's quite possible that even in the original PC game, the slot icons are mixed up... but regardless, at 60fps they are completely broken.  It's hard to explain what I mean by broken, just try using her slots without the fix. 

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2015-02-20 19:06:26 »
It's quite possible that even in the original PC game, the slot icons are mixed up... but regardless, at 60fps they are completely broken.  It's hard to explain what I mean by broken, just try using her slots without the fix. 
You and I had a long discussion about this months ago and it was working fine...  what changed?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2015-02-20 19:09:16 »
You and I had a long discussion about this months ago and it was working fine...  what changed?

It's always been broken...  even back then.  But I didn't realize because the Arena slots and Cait slots work fine (they haven't got a bug).  This fix is only for the bug that exists.  The other value I changed in menu sorted everything else, but the bug ruined things. 

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2015-04-29 19:19:35 »
Any new headway on the action scripts?

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2015-05-05 00:47:25 »
Any updates on this since the one here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15403.0 has been removed from Mega NZ?

Amon1995

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2015-06-27 12:51:17 »
Hey guys, can I just ask, do I need to apply this patch before I install bootleg, or afterwards?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2015-06-27 13:29:15 »
I'd suggest afterwards.  But it shouldn't interfere with any other mods regardless of when it is installed.

Amon1995

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2015-06-27 19:31:44 »
Unfortunately the patch didn't work for me :(

When I go into a battle, it's just in slow motion for some reason, I followed all of the steps in the ReadMe.

albruto

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2015-07-21 02:31:09 »
Can anyone help me? After i use cmd with the battle/magic commands i dont get the Magic.lgp and battle.lgp,anyone know why?

dachschaden

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2015-07-21 15:16:48 »
Good to see that this project seems to be as dead as the interest of the maker to document his stuff properly - then again, that shouldn't wonder anyone. People inherently stop caring about the stuff they did at certain points.

@Amon1995 if you are still here: Apparently you didn't follow the steps in the tutorial. This use to happen if you do not use HextLaunch to start FF7. And if FF7 does not start, then that is because you didn't configured the path in the settings.ini properly.
Then again, since the OP didn't mention this fact AT ALL, BUT ONLY THE INSTALLATION README included with it (which is a total JOY, because you'd expect something as CRUCIALLY NEEDED as this application, only surpassed by an actual PATCH - and by that I don't mean a fricking C# program that requires .NET, but a real binary PATCHER in C or C++, like something to actually EDIT the values required for 60 FPSs in battle mode to work - to be INCLUDED in the package. Because people otherwise would be downloading the package from a different PC, get it on a stick, transfer it to a Windows PC, open the archive and would see the insulting reference on a usually totally unneeded additional package - oh, wait, THAT'S WHAT'S ACTUALLY THE CASE HERE).

So there. Try to do it like that, works for me.

@albruto: Well, what did you do? Because I did it, just yesterday, and boy, at least the packaging works like a charm. Then again, the packager comes from Aali, who has proven his competence more than enough times.

Oh and SCREW this verification system. I cannot BELIEVE people would submit to such a broken verification system that first requires you to do the verification per registration, and then per post. Your admin's competence at work, guys!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2015-07-21 15:35:51 »
It's dead because it's been proved extraordinarily difficult.  The "fix" needed would take an incredible amount of time and will likely just break something else.  And even then, it might not fix everything.  We all worked on this and it was a shame it had to end, but it was not through a want of trying.  Your post is wholly unhelpful, as I am sure you are aware.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #288 on: 2015-07-21 15:37:55 »
Good to see that this project seems to be as dead as the interest of the maker to document his stuff properly - then again, that shouldn't wonder anyone. People inherently stop caring about the stuff they did at certain points.

@Amon1995 if you are still here: Apparently you didn't follow the steps in the tutorial. This use to happen if you do not use HextLaunch to start FF7. And if FF7 does not start, then that is because you didn't configured the path in the settings.ini properly.
Then again, since the OP didn't mention this fact AT ALL, BUT ONLY THE INSTALLATION README included with it (which is a total JOY, because you'd expect something as CRUCIALLY NEEDED as this application, only surpassed by an actual PATCH - and by that I don't mean a fricking C# program that requires .NET, but a real binary PATCHER in C or C++, like something to actually EDIT the values required for 60 FPSs in battle mode to work - to be INCLUDED in the package. Because people otherwise would be downloading the package from a different PC, get it on a stick, transfer it to a Windows PC, open the archive and would see the insulting reference on a usually totally unneeded additional package - oh, wait, THAT'S WHAT'S ACTUALLY THE CASE HERE).

So there. Try to do it like that, works for me.

@albruto: Well, what did you do? Because I did it, just yesterday, and boy, at least the packaging works like a charm. Then again, the packager comes from Aali, who has proven his competence more than enough times.

Oh and SCREW this verification system. I cannot BELIEVE people would submit to such a broken verification system that first requires you to do the verification per registration, and then per post. Your admin's competence at work, guys!

That kind of sarcasm is not needed. Read some of the previous pages and you will find out that they have worked on this project as far as it can go. Any further work is beyond their resource and time capacity, so it's essentially reached its final release.

dachschaden

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2015-07-21 16:10:55 »
This is truly great. Because you have completely missed the point.

1. I haven't commented on the fact that there might have been some flaws with the project itself. No word at all. I was commenting on the UTTERLY convoluted installation process which could have been simplified with one proper patch included with the 2xcam one (apart from the files that still would have to be patched into the LGP files - something that I actually understand AND approve of). Even if there are some flaws with the patch itself, it's still a major improvement over 15 FPS (although I found myself to be somewhat content with 19, which I patched by myself. How did I do that? Oh, I just wrote a C program - like I already suggested - that would set the battle speed to 19 FPS. Makes me wonder why the maintainer couldn't have done so ... because, you know, it takes less than 300 LOC, and it would still be highly commented, and there would be a small API to search for other values within the file. Just saying).

2. I was also commenting on the insulting documentation. Seriously, I mean it, it's insulting. It might be a somewhat impressive technical project, I admit that without hesitation. But not having all information in the OP - or expecting me to read through all of this text as someone who just wants to get it running - and even suggesting AGAIN to read something that I am absolutely not interested in - you see the point?

Thanks for making my point that somehow you guys COMPLETELY missed what this is about. It's about how this now dead project is dealt with. I mean, hell, there are questions that even I  - who just tried this patch out yesterday - could answer, because I ran into the same problems, but unlike other people, I could SOLVE them. ANYONE would have done so.

Whoever smelt it, dealt it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2015-07-21 16:31:18 »
It happens on registration and on the first post, to stop spambots. That's it. You are the first person to ever have a problem with this; if it proved to be a consistent issue for people we'd remove it, but I'm not going to be disabling our spam protection for the convenience of one user who only registered to complain anyway.

Check your attitude or leave. The tone of your past two posts has been far more insulting than the documentation you're complaining about. I have worked hard to keep this community as drama-free as possible, and I won't have it ruined by someone who just wants to whine.

Don't Be a D*ck
Be courteous, polite and show respect to others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Being a d*ck may get you warned. It may get you moderated. You might get banned for being a d*ck. Even if you are right and someone else is wrong, keep things civil.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2015-07-21 16:45:10 »
Why not sharing your program if it is a help with the installation?  Not everybody can write programs. But I guess you know that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2015-07-21 16:56:52 »
The installation would have been made easier if the project had reached an end state.  It's been abandoned and likely won't ever see a true release.  That's why there is no proper installer (why bother releasing a broken product?).  It's been decided that it's beyond anyone's time or effort to finish the project due to how the game works.  That's a view based on a lot of work and looking into the game assembly.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-21 17:01:01 by DLPB »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2015-07-21 20:44:05 »
Can anyone help me? After i use cmd with the battle/magic commands i dont get the Magic.lgp and battle.lgp,anyone know why?
You'll have to be more specific.  I'd suggest reading the installation file a little more closely and trying again.

:'( :'( :'(

I love it when teenagers first learn how to use the internet.  It's always such a joy.

Here's an idea.  If you think you can improve upon something, be it a gameplay mod here or something in real life, turns out it's actually more helpful to improve it than to whine and complain.  You think you can do better?  By all means.  We're waiting.

Further posts that are not helpful or contributive will be removed.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2015-07-21 20:54:12 »
What's the difference between this mod and http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15403.0 ?

Have you guys thought of merging both mods?
They're intrinsically different mods. The one you linked is "PSX-Style" 60fps. What this means is that the MENUS in battles run at 60, but the battle scene itself above still runs at 15, precisely as the PSX version of the game worked. The only reason that mod needs to exist is because the original PC version ran the entire battle at 15, including menus; this messed up Tifa's slots limit break, among other things.

The mod in this thread is intended to get EVERYTHING running at 60. The problem is, that would require interpolating every single animation in the game, since there's no engine feature to do it automatically in real-time. There is, as far as anyone knows, no feasible way to do this without spending hundreds of man-hours on each one manually.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2015-07-21 21:00:17 »
I briefly talked to DLPB about seeing if he would be able to alter his to use these animations.  Not sure if he ever got around to trying, but I would say it's not very hopeful.  Fairly certain NFITC1 is also fed up with working on this.

If we could figure an easy way around the summons, this could take the place of DLPB's no question.  Unfortunately it's just too big of an obstacle.

dachschaden

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2015-07-21 22:22:34 »
I love it when teenagers first learn how to use the internet.  It's always such a joy.

Here's an idea.  If you think you can improve upon something, be it a gameplay mod here or something in real life, turns out it's actually more helpful to improve it than to whine and complain.  You think you can do better?  By all means.  We're waiting.

Strange, don't you think? First you make assumptions about my age, however true or false they may be, then you suddenly shift and ask for assistance.

What I can give you is the source code of the program I've been using to set the frame rate myself back then. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe it's utterly useless, maybe its base might help. I have no idea. But there you go: http://pastebin.com/tzfhMh0B

The link is invalidated in a day though, so you'd better hurry up. :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #297 on: 2015-07-21 22:51:06 »
What I can give you is the source code of the program I've been using to set the frame rate myself back then. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe it's utterly useless, maybe its base might help. I have no idea. But there you go: http://pastebin.com/tzfhMh0B

The link is invalidated in a day though, so you'd better hurry up. :)
Without even looking at it I know it's useless. Why? Because we already know how to change the frame rate. The problem is the animations don't interpolate on their own. It's not just a question of models, the effects, the camera, and the animation scripts will all need to be adjusted. I'm the one that discovered all this and I'm the only one with knowledge about it. Not that someone else couldn't take up the cause, but I'm not interpolating all the ~3000 animation handlers. I've done the camera and most of the animation scripts, but all that is meaningless without interpolated effects. Don't even get me started on summons either.

Simoneya

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2015-07-26 05:03:30 »
Is there anyway to launch FF7 through Hexlaunch with out getting the error "please use the final fantrasy 7 launcher". It's says it's usable on steam but as i see there's no way to launch only ff7 without the launcher,anyway to get passed the error?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2015-07-26 08:16:02 »
You can set hextlaunch to wait for a process in its settings.