Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 593482 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul
« Reply #1725 on: 2012-03-28 23:03:34 »
That would be awesome, and it would go well with the hd battle scene retextures that have come out.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 2012-03-29 16:50:45 »
Great job on the Tifa model, there are only a few main characters left now 8)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-29 16:52:50 by KnifeTheSky77 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #1727 on: 2012-03-29 17:37:21 »
have some materials.

In this way we get passed the "illegal" Zerox Tifa model hehe Will this be a field model too? I'd love that! And I wish there could be created a Technical demo like Cloud. Awesome!

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 2012-04-24 04:46:47 »
I for some reason am amused by where you placed most of the polygons, Timu ;).

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 2012-04-30 18:33:38 »
I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Even though i've used the Team Avalanche patch before again and again whenever i wanted to reinstall and play FF7 again on my pc, i still am not sure of this: of the components you can choose and install, the description of the new magic is simply given as Grimmy's or Grimmy's textures. Is this the same Grimmy's upscaled textures that is also there as a separate download in this forum, or are they different/one is newer? Same question applied for the diamond weapon within the patch.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2012-04-30 19:07:11 »
TAO contains an old version of Grimmy's magic textures.  The separate upscaled magic mod is updated to work with Aali's newer OpenGL driver and with additional textures.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 2012-04-30 21:16:45 »
Personally, I think the models that have been "textured" with materials look like they'd fit right into the original Final Fantasy VII. More so than the high resolution textures do as of now. I wonder how the game will look once it's all been redone. Perhaps it'll all fit together better ^__^.

I like the Tifa model, I am jealous of whomever made the boots, I can't quite get that level of detail when I make models. </3.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 2012-05-01 10:55:51 »
hmmm....well that answers my question. It's a pity, cuz i wonder if an LGP archive of the textures instead of the data folders would help solve that problem i mentioned earlier......i cant update my graphics drivers anymore to see if it solves it cuz of the integrated nature of my laptop....it's updated as far as the latest update released by the Acer support...

not like it's a huge problem but it's somewhat disappointing even with just a few textures loading but remaining "invisible" except on fraps vid.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 2012-05-01 10:57:28 »
TAO contains an old version of Grimmy's magic textures.  The separate upscaled magic mod is updated to work with Aali's newer OpenGL driver and with additional textures.

The magic textures in TA:O were done by me not grimmy. Many of them are hand drawn, not just upscaled. I believe grimmy included these in his texture pack though.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2012-05-01 13:42:14 »
The boots in partciular were modeled by xenobond, with a few additions by me :P

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2012-05-01 21:53:11 »
The magic textures in TA:O were done by me not grimmy. Many of them are hand drawn, not just upscaled. I believe grimmy included these in his texture pack though.

You know I was thinking about the fact that textures are difficult to scale and then I remembered something. SVG format is a vector format that has a specific size (dimensions to be precise) by is scalable. Most of the Icons on my Gnome (nuts) desktop are SVG format and look fine at 128 or 16 pixel size irregardless of my screen size basically.  Ink-scape works fairly well for drawing things. Right what I am babbling about is that one of the reasons FF7 characters didn't look like total crap when scaled up is that they used coloured vertices instead of textures for the vast majority of the colour. The textures that were used were to enhance the vertex Gouraud shading which made the PS1 the characters look pretty good at 960 by 720 resolutions.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 2012-05-03 04:09:45 »
The whole model is well done. I wonder what the model would look like in game as it is now. God, I feel out of the loop. Haha. I haven't been around for almost a year now it feels like.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 2012-05-03 07:21:19 »
I wonder what the model would look like in game as it is now.

I honestly can't wait to see ANY of TA's models in the game! Especially the chibi Cloud! It's soooo sexy!

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 2012-05-03 09:47:11 »
Let's hope for a model release soon :p

I've been around for some time and the only "mod" i ever used was remix by titeguy. I always find myself thinking "just a bit longer to see if something is released to expand the satisfaction" and almost a year has passed with that thought in mind. I'll probably just start a new run soon with the current "FF7 Unified Model Installer".

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 2012-05-04 15:32:37 »
I'd look forward to that too. especially after the vincent and barret model releases. Wow, those are awesome.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: 2012-05-08 15:46:23 »
So is there a list somewhere of what you guys have "checked off" and "not checked off" as to being done with stuff yet?

Starboard

« Reply #1741 on: 2012-06-06 20:07:26 »
Where can I download the releases? The links in that sticky thread do not work, claims the files are no longer available and what not.