Author Topic: Modded FF7 and OBS, Weird Streaming Issue?  (Read 4933 times)

insidious611

• View Profile
Modded FF7 and OBS, Weird Streaming Issue?
« on: 2015-04-13 18:05:09 »
I'm trying to stream myself playing modded Final Fantasy 7 using the Open Broadcaster Software streaming suite, and I'm having some... odd issues, that seem to be unique to FF7.

So, I'm not sure *where* this goes as far as boardwise, because I don't know if this is an issue with the original game, with the Aali driver, or what, but, well:

The game itself is on the left, the stream preview is on the right.

As you can see, quite a large part of the bottom of the image is cut off when OBS captures the game.

This happens no matter what mods I have enabled. It *only* happens in the field. Battle, menu, and minigame screens are not cut off like this.

I have never seen any other game do this, and it's rather impeding the streamed playthrough I want to do.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 18:08:00 by insidious611 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Modded FF7 and OBS, Weird Streaming Issue?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-13 18:22:55 »
What kind of capture is OBS doing? If it's set to "Game Capture", you might wanna try "Window Capture" or "Monitor Capture" instead, or vice versa. Each method has different pros and cons, but if something doesn't work in one mode, switching to another can fix it.

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-13 18:36:02 »
It was on Game Capture. On Window Capture I just got complete blackness. Will try Monitor Capture next I suppose.

EDIT: Monitor Capture seems to work. Guess I'll have to find a way to make FF7 Always On Top though, otherwise it's kind of clunky to work around. In any case, thanks Covarr!
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 18:41:19 by insidious611 »

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-04-13 19:14:20 »
Try modifying the "game capture" source of the scene, and choosing FF7 again, then hitting ok. Then right click on it and choose "fit to screen".

Sometimes, when you go back and forth between things of different resolutions, that happens. You just have to reset the capture source.

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-04-13 20:54:20 »
Tried that, doesn't seem to help.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-04-16 07:31:33 »
In any case I think I'm chalking this up to "FF7 be weird yo" for now, especially since monitor capture works. Though it means I have to position FF7 at an exact location on the screen and use an AutoHotKey script to keep it always on top. :P