Author Topic: Help recommend one of the bootleg gameplay modes?  (Read 3903 times)

Nesbrith

• View Profile
So here's the thing, I'm on my third reinstallation of the game so far, and I'm having trouble picking a mode that I would like. The hardcore mode isn't fun at all for me, I don't like spending five minutes doing a single random battle in the first hour of the game, and two others, Lost wing and something else, seem to change too much. Lost wing started me with weird spells and a mithril saber, that seems too different from the game.

All I'm looking for is something that fixes the bugs, and raises the difficulty just a bit. I'm perfectly happy with it adding more things, in fact I'd love that, but I don't want it changing everything. I mean, Lost Wing seemed great untill I realized that I was doing 0 physical damage to enemies. Can anyone help me?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: Help recommend one of the bootleg gameplay modes?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-10 05:28:54 »
You might be talking about Lost Wing and Rebirth.  I know Bosola's Rebirth Changes quite a bit, though I suggest you try it if you're looking for a new FF7 experience.  Lost Wing alters most aspects of the game and is generally moderately difficult for the first 50% of the game.  For the second 50% of the game it becomes extremely difficult.  As far as not hurting enemies goes, you just can't hurt MPs with your sword in the first reactor - all other enemies are susceptible to Cloud's physical attacks and MPs are susceptible to Barret's physical attacks.  You can damage all other enemies in the game with traditional methods.  If you are looking for a gameplay mod that makes minimal modifications to the game, I'm not entirely sure which one you should choose to be honest.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-10 11:38:30 »
All I'm looking for is something that fixes the bugs, and raises the difficulty just a bit. I'm perfectly happy with it adding more things, in fact I'd love that, but I don't want it changing everything. I mean, Lost Wing seemed great untill I realized that I was doing 0 physical damage to enemies. Can anyone help me?
The best suited for what you want is the Reasonable difficulty mod by Hay it is exactly what your looking for :) Im playing with this currently it's like a refresh of the original and not overly hard but not too easy but just perfect and still feels like a completely different mod, big improvement over the original game mode. Give it a go it's really enjoyable :)
For a proper game changing mod Lost Wing and Nightmare is cool
« Last Edit: 2013-07-10 15:43:08 by e1sunz »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-10 13:17:41 »
Nightmare is more than game changing, it's... a nightmare of playing. If you had trouble with the Hardcore mod, Nightmare is not for you.

Nesbrith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-10 14:46:05 »
Thanks to all of you! I appreciate your input!

And it wasn't that I wanted to play Nightmare, I just wanted the quests and things that it added, without the soul-crushing difficulty. XD