Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837336 times)

aquecoucou

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3125 on: 2016-04-02 11:19:45 »
Gelnika save point have [Switch] Unequip party instead of Check SP. It stills let you check your SP tho.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: 2016-04-02 11:22:09 »
you're not ever supposed to let them reach the fort

you dont even get the prize for defending if you let them reach it
What I'm talking about is that in vanilla FF7 if you let them reach the fort on the last Fort Condor battle and fight CMD. Grand Horn you get the Imperial Guard armour as a drop. In this mod there is no such drop.

I also ran the last Fort Condor battle both with and without letting them reach the fort. Since Sega Chief has a sense of humour, regardless of whether they reached the fort or not. You get given a "potent item" (It's a Potion) along with the Mega-Materia. The only difference as of now is that letting them reach the fort takes significantly longer and you fight against a Damage Sponge who doesn't have the decency to drop anything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: 2016-04-02 11:46:37 »
Tell you what, I'll give CMD. Grand Horn a good drop.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: 2016-04-02 12:19:44 »
Tell you what, I'll give CMD. Grand Horn a good drop.

also. W-magic might be bugged.

As I cannot find it in my inventory. But at least it's friendly.

Also noticed that Aerith can now wield Cid's Flayer. Is this intended? Kind of cool either way, making Aerith able to dish out the lucky girl effect for free, and giving her a substantial luck boost.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: 2016-04-02 12:28:52 »
hey

is the dark cave side quest enable yet on the 1.4 version of this NT mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: 2016-04-02 12:41:48 »
also. W-magic might be bugged.
As I cannot find it in my inventory. But at least it's friendly.
Also noticed that Aerith can now wield Cid's Flayer. Is this intended? Kind of cool either way, making Aerith able to dish out the lucky girl effect for free, and giving her a substantial luck boost.

Flayer was intended, but W-Magic was supposed to be obtainable there. I'd just generated all the patches too :l

hey

is the dark cave side quest enable yet on the 1.4 version of this NT mod

Not yet, but it's what I'm working on at the moment.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: 2016-04-02 13:20:15 »
Does this mean that I'm screwed regarding the w-magic, or can I somehow add it myself through Ochu?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: 2016-04-02 14:17:10 »
It's actually there in that room; there's two pick-ups, the one in the centre (gives a gospel spark, incorrect text of 'W-Magic') and to the north-eastish under the foliage is another materia that's W-Magic.

https://youtu.be/KZCes-NPVTs

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: 2016-04-02 17:14:18 »
Were some changes made to the Keelhaul Armour fight?

I Noticed that instead of both arms being invulnerable, the main body and 1 arm is invulnerable. Also i'm a bit iffy on what his resistances/weaknesses are, all I know is both arms and the body have >30000 HP and he's maybe weak to Lightning/Water, Immune to earth (Arms only? Needs confirmation).

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: 2016-04-02 18:14:33 »
I've just spotted your post Jbed - nice 1! You've helped me again!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: 2016-04-02 18:45:04 »
Were some changes made to the Keelhaul Armour fight?

I Noticed that instead of both arms being invulnerable, the main body and 1 arm is invulnerable. Also i'm a bit iffy on what his resistances/weaknesses are, all I know is both arms and the body have >30000 HP and he's maybe weak to Lightning/Water, Immune to earth (Arms only? Needs confirmation).

You need to destroy each arm in turn, then the torso will become vulnerable. Just be wary, his attacks will change as each arm is lost and when his torso reaches a certain HP threshold (4 phases in total). The arms are immune to earth, but the torso isn't.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: 2016-04-02 19:06:56 »
You need to destroy each arm in turn, then the torso will become vulnerable. Just be wary, his attacks will change as each arm is lost and when his torso reaches a certain HP threshold (4 phases in total). The arms are immune to earth, but the torso isn't.
Fair enough, I guess I'll have it sorted if I can recover from Ruby Laser. Just curious, how much Health does each Arm + Torso have? Also what level/gear do you typically expect someone to have when they meet him?

« Last Edit: 2016-04-02 19:35:19 by Skirmish »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: 2016-04-02 19:34:08 »
Accidental Post

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: 2016-04-02 19:50:39 »
Fair enough, I guess I'll have it sorted if I can recover from Ruby Laser. Just curious, how much Health does each Arm + Torso have? Also what level/gear do you typically expect someone to have when they meet him?
I'm not Sega, obviously. But I guess the intended level is around the 60 mark, as the boss itself is level 62. I think I killed it at around 54ish.

edit: 50k for each arm, 78k for the body.

It's actually there in that room; there's two pick-ups, the one in the centre (gives a gospel spark, incorrect text of 'W-Magic') and to the north-eastish under the foliage is another materia that's W-Magic.

https://youtu.be/KZCes-NPVTs

The location featured in that movie has nothing in my game, at least. :X Perhaps someone else who've been there, could chip in, whether or not they got it.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-02 20:13:38 by Mithrain »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: 2016-04-02 20:30:30 »
New boss for NT's Extra Battle to replace the placeholder one with the ships, but first he's gotta fight this dude: https://youtu.be/jWL6Gud1KvA

But now I gotta go to work :I

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: 2016-04-02 20:41:48 »
New boss for NT's Extra Battle to replace the placeholder one with the ships, but first he's gotta fight this dude: https://youtu.be/jWL6Gud1KvA

But now I gotta go to work :I

Awesome! Cant wait for it!

Random question, how can i get the info in the items and equips myself? Doing excel calcs on the optimal rank up stats in combination with what gear is available. Cheers!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: 2016-04-02 21:11:03 »
I'm not Sega, obviously. But I guess the intended level is around the 60 mark, as the boss itself is level 62. I think I killed it at around 54ish.

edit: 50k for each arm, 78k for the body.
I may need to call in some advice for this one then, Highest Characters are Cloud, Vincent and Yuffie at levels 51,51 and 53 respectively. Everyone else is around the mid 40s. As for Defence I'm mostly covered as I think several of his attacks use the Shoot element and Protect Vests can halve that.

However I'm struggling to put out a reasonable amount of damage. I would have liked to use Neo Bahamut=Added Effect on my Weapon to inflict Dual status but I'm not sure it works. Also not sure if Keelhaul Armour is Immune to Dual or not (Probably is), so I doubt using the Summon itself would inflict it either.

This fight is almost making me wanna go back to stopping the runaway train heading for North Corel.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: 2016-04-02 21:31:15 »
I may need to call in some advice for this one then, Highest Characters are Cloud, Vincent and Yuffie at levels 51,51 and 53 respectively. Everyone else is around the mid 40s. As for Defence I'm mostly covered as I think several of his attacks use the Shoot element and Protect Vests can halve that.

However I'm struggling to put out a reasonable amount of damage. I would have liked to use Neo Bahamut=Added Effect on my Weapon to inflict Dual status but I'm not sure it works. Also not sure if Keelhaul Armour is Immune to Dual or not (Probably is), so I doubt using the Summon itself would inflict it either.

This fight is almost making me wanna go back to stopping the runaway train heading for North Corel.

I guess it'll become tricky from there at rank 0 because of bosses having way more health (so longer fights). Having Vincent doesn't help because of his limits being pointless against bosses. If you still want to play with him, then he will obviously be your MAG nuker having the highest one at rank 0.

A quick setup would be (only mentioning what is mandatory) :
- Cloud : Command Counter = Deathblow (could be on Yuffie as she should have a higher %atk), Counter Attack, Elemental = Ramuh (in weapon), Cover, FullCure (you don't need MAG, it costs lot of MP but Cloud won't use any other magics)
- Yuffie : Restore = All, Barrier = All, Haste =All, Elemental=Leviathan, Counter Attack (if you have more than one), Enemy-Skill (Aqualung will deal water damage)
- Vicent : Lightning, Heal (Osmose to keep up MP), a ton of magic materias to boost his MAG stat

I really doubt you have Steal lvl 2 (Mug), so linking it with added cut would be pointless. Linking deathblow with added cut is not recommanded with your team because of Cloud having a not so high accuracy, and Yuffie will be healing more than using Deathblow.

Equipments :
All three should have a crystal bangle to get 6 materias slots linked and str/mag. Cloud need a STR/DEX accessory (Fire ring is really good, it will also absorb the topaz laser). Yuffie need a hybrid STR/MAG accessory while Vincent need a MAG one (earring ?).

As mentioned above, Topaz Laser will hit for fire damage, I'm unsure for the other lasers, so if you struggle in the last phase, remove crystal bangles and get some nullifying armors.

I'm checking if I forgot some materias, I'll edit.

Edit : You might want to link Lightning = Turbo MP to boost damage. You should have a Bolt 3 at this point, and enough gils to get ethers. (Quick reminder, Turbo Ether gives you back all your MP, cost 100 GP each [10 000 Gils at Gold Saucer]). Also I can't remember if I had 3 or 4 Counter Attack materias (Thanks to Cid weapon doubling AP), so basically 1st on Cloud, 2nd on Yuffie, all others on Cloud.

Edit 2 : I have no idea about the Dual status. It can't be poisoned for sure, slow didn't work when I tried (I only tried once, might have been unlucky).

I had the feeling the fight was globally easier than in 1.35 but way more longer, which seems a nice balance.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-02 21:46:29 by aquecoucou »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: 2016-04-03 03:20:41 »
SC--I visited the Diarama outside of visiting hours during my first trip to Shinra (and was of course stomped immediately).  However, after I was annihilated, I restarted outside battle with all my characters at 0 HP and still dead.

I assume this is a bug?  I didn't think this could happen...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: 2016-04-03 06:36:46 »

A large part of Carry's arsenal uses the Shoot element; investing in some Protect Vests (I seem to be plugging Protect Vests a lot recently) can help a lot, as they'll halve the damage.

SC--I visited the Diarama outside of visiting hours during my first trip to Shinra (and was off course stomped immediately).  However, after I was annihilated, I restarted outside battle with all my characters at 0 HP and still dead.

I assume this is a bug?  I didn't think this could happen...

Not really a bug, I just forgot to set party HP afterwards to 1 or something. You can have a dead party naturally too, if you swap in dead people via PHS but you automatically lose the next fight you get into (a trick used in Yuffie Warp speedruns for quickness).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: 2016-04-03 07:08:29 »
Mediafire betrayed me and did not upload the patches overnight while I was at work, and so I have gone back to Mega temporarily. Main Installer is currently up, with the updated IRO inside. Hotfix patches are going up next to get current installations up to speed.

Edit: Patches up as well.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 08:03:26 by Sega Chief »

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: 2016-04-03 09:52:17 »
2 questions:

- Where can i find an IRON MAn in 1.35 ? To get some weapon for cloud (data mine say you get one on an iron man, and a second by morphing it)

- I play 1.35, should i patch for 1.4 or wait some debug ?

Thanks all

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: 2016-04-03 10:31:49 »
level 50 goblins in goblin island are worth sp no matter your level

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: 2016-04-03 10:48:21 »
A large part of Carry's arsenal uses the Shoot element; investing in some Protect Vests (I seem to be plugging Protect Vests a lot recently) can help a lot, as they'll halve the damage.
Does Cid's Dynamite reduce the chance for him to use Arm Grab like with Carry Armor in Vanilla? He seems to almost always use it straight after killing a character before I can revive it. Arm grab is essentially Dead Character I can't Revive yet.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: 2016-04-03 11:49:39 »
Does Cid's Dynamite reduce the chance for him to use Arm Grab like with Carry Armor in Vanilla? He seems to almost always use it straight after killing a character before I can revive it. Arm grab is essentially Dead Character I can't Revive yet.
Never mind, everyone except Yuffie and Vincent are on their default Level 1 Limit Breaks.

In the end managed to beat him by blasting him with as much fire-power as possible (Blast it with Summons and a couple of SS-Mines I Picked up, can't remember where you get SS-Mines, those things are great in a pinch) so the first arm dies and prevents further use of Arm Grab. After that it was alot more controlled and got things taken care of. Using Protect Vests kinda highlighted just how low my character stats are, still no drugs though.

So the game could identify every character being at Rank 0 at a certain point then. Or is Rank 1 the lowest? Either way let me know if you'll consider doing an alternate event based on lack of drug use (Sources are the street name for Drugs, we all know it).
Whose to say I haven't already?
I really hope it's worth it.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 11:57:17 by Skirmish »