Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1262808 times)

Alby87

• View Profile
Re: The Reunion [IN PROGRESS. Read first post for updates.]
« Reply #1600 on: 2013-06-02 15:07:42 »
May I ask just a little thing? It's lost in the forum, there were many voices about yes and no, and I don't know the last state of this information, and the search engine of the forum is disabled.

The Reunion, when it will be released, will support foreign languages? I remember about yes before, then no after, then problems about the EXE...

What's the last state? And, about the retraslation project, do you mind releasing a log of all you changed, or a tutorial on how we should obtain it, so we can retraslate the phrases you traslated in Italian in order to release an updated Italian Traslation? Thank You!  :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 2013-06-02 15:36:05 »
The Reunion, when it will be released, will support foreign languages? I remember about yes before, then no after, then problems about the EXE...

No, it will not support foreign languages. But DLPB has written some tools, which allow you to make changes to the text of the English exe without to modify the exe directly: look here.
The Games Converter by Kompass63 make use of these tools and translate it in other languages (there is no Italian right now, but maybe you could help him to add it). However, The Reunion is based on these tools, too. So there is a very high chance that the Converter and The Reunion will conflict with each other. But I guess it will be nothing hard to fix.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-02 15:39:37 by Kaldarasha »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #1602 on: 2013-06-04 14:12:49 »
I have officially ended any support for 2012 version.  It's just a mess.  kranmer has made a good converter so you can change the game into the 1998 version, which has everything meaningful that 2012 does and more.

I purchased a copy of the game specifically for this project, but it's not the original PC release nor is it the 2012 rerelease. Will the mods work on the Eidos Platinum release of the game? I don't know if it was a difference in box only or if there were some coding differences...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 2013-06-04 15:28:35 »
The Platinum release is just the original with a different box and different labels on the discs. Watch out for the numbers, they got them all wrong (they labeled install disc as disc 1, disc 1 as disc 2, etc), but the actual data on the discs is identical to the original PC version.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #1604 on: 2013-06-04 20:26:23 »
Cool, thanks a bunch for the response!

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 2013-06-05 04:58:15 »
If you want to show him how much you are anticipating the release of his work, use the donate link in the first post to tip him.  I did so a couple days ago. I know I will get at least one, if not several full play throughs out of this retranslation and modifications.  I don't know about you, but that's worth quite alot to me!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 2013-06-10 21:42:56 »
Do these transparency fixes fix the temple of the ancients?

Every scene where they are transparent.

I also have a question or more an idea: it would be very cool to have the limit command independent (as seen in FFX). The defend and the row command could share one box with the default selection on defend.
It would make the game a bit more tactical and it would make it harder to reach the next limit level, because of the lesser use of them.
The ultimate would be, if we could divide the limit bar in Limit1, Limit2, Limit3 and Limit4. You will get access to the limits if the section for it is full (and if you have unlocked it).
Example: The character has Limit3 unlocked. So the limit bar is divided for this character in three sections. It's full up to Limit2, so you be able to choose between four skills (Limit1 and Limit2). Limit3 is inaccessible, because the bar isn't full enough.

I don't think it's easy to realize, but I hope it's a good idea for your Weapon difficulty mod.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 2013-06-10 22:27:54 »
That sounds like a lot of work, but that sounds like it would make the game easier not harder. You would still be able to attack and store your limit. You also wouldn't have to choose between the one you want because you would have them all simultaneously. Good idea though :-D

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #1608 on: 2013-06-13 09:43:26 »
I'm liking the decision to add real borders in the newest edit.  I remember not liking the barely if there at all borders (fuzzy memory is wonderful sometimes *eyerolls at self*) i some of the earlier screenshots and info!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 2013-06-13 15:51:32 »
 :o

I didn't want my 4000th post to be a failure!  Sorry.  I am going to wait until the last 41 maps are translated before releasing this (yup only 41 maps left, we are now at 90% completed in the translation project), and in the meantime, I can fix up the borders, the battle boxes, the menu tweaks, the installer, readme, and finally finish the submarine game.

I thought I had this in the bag weeks ago, but there you are :P  I know when I am beaten.  :'(

edit
As you can see, I've updated the borders, and made magic 2 columns.  The info also now stays on the screen even when sub menu is open.  Enemy skill is 1 column.  I am still fixing all this up.  Main info is also going to be a few pixels higher like it is in ff8/9

If anyone wants to try and improve the hud for ff9, and is competent enough to do  a good job, let me know.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-13 19:45:17 by DLPB »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 2013-06-13 21:21:14 »
Hey DLPB, welcome back. Was just gonna mention one thing about MO things, and if its a known issue and been looked at, sorry to beat a dead horse. It's the graphics for the materia in the menu system. I couldn't figure out how to get Grimmys materias with Felix framing etc for a while... was always getting felix materias (which are gorgeous... but they cause that pixel issue or exaggerated line after last slot is filled and single).

Finally pulled the 5 b_l files from menu mod folder, cleared menu cache and reloaded game to no materias, then switched em back in, no cache clear this time... and for whatever reason, got Grimmys materias in game... even tho they weren't in the mods folder. I'm puzzled by that one. I repeated that experiment at least once with same results. I suppose they must have been loading from the menu lgp because reclearing the cache would give me back Felix's materias. I did eventually realize that by installing the original MO graphics option with grimmys materias, would install grimmy's materia frames and his materia textures.

In the end when I saw Grims mats I really liked them (they aren't quite as pretty as the felix ones, but they don't really cause much of a graphic glitch on that last single slot mat), but due to slight colorblindness I had trouble distinguishing between the yellow and green ones. So I brightened the yellow one up a bit. Since then I pretty much felt like that last release of MO was perfect... Is this something you might look into if it hasn't been addressed already? I'm not married to those Grimmy textures, though they have a certain dark charm to them, but that graphic glitch on that last slot mat trips my OCD every time. My absolute ideal would be the Felix materias with no glitch... the texturing on them is just beautiful. Sorry for the long post about something so minute... 
« Last Edit: 2013-06-13 21:30:20 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 2013-06-13 21:34:57 »
Is there a link to Grimmy's Materias?  I don't plan on adding them, but if they are good, we will see.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 2013-06-13 21:52:02 »
Is there a link to Grimmy's Materias?  I don't plan on adding them, but if they are good, we will see.

Well, I hope it's cool to rerelease them, they are his but the yellow is carefully smudged brighter and the green is smudged darker a lil. Otherwise I dunno how to get them by themselves without his frames. There's a link to a menu .lpg of his on the big list but the following files in the link are just a slight alteration of the 5 .pngs I got from Menu Overhaul. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1g3qSVwwtNBQjBPbUNUMENma1E/edit?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: 2013-06-13 23:09:30 by Template »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #1613 on: 2013-06-14 08:02:48 »
90%! I am so psyched! :D

Not the most constructive post here, sorry about that. XD

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2013-06-14 12:34:59 »
Are you sure those aren't Romeo's Materias?  I edited them from his release a long time ago.

Any case, no, I've retired Romeo's Materias simply because Felix's suit a game menu more.  If you want me to place up a link to your replacement textures I will :)

To make his Materia work with different frames, you have to place the correct frame textures in the menu mod and clear cache.  If that didn't work, also disable cache option in aalis config.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-14 12:38:42 by DLPB »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2013-06-14 13:56:05 »
Aha, they may be, in which case, isn't Romeo Felix? lol... they have their own little issue which is an almost imperceptible flickering around them almost like static but you gotta squint to see it. I just can't figure out where the little pixel sized line is coming from after the single materia in last slot on the really nice looking Felix ones. That's never bothered you? It's there in those on the screenshot, too, but much much less. If you put the yellow one in the last slot, you can see a little tiny yellow dot just after. I was secretly (cat's out of the bag) hoping for a new set of the materias for the upcoming release that didn't have that issue, but haven't the foggiest notion of what's causing it.   

Edit: I really think these are Grimmy's. I was looking around for the original Romeo14 menu materias and just plain couldn't find them.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-14 13:59:18 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 2013-06-14 13:59:23 »
No Romeo is not Felix as far as I am aware :)  FeliX made his own slots and Materia.  Is your problem limited to Romeo's?  If so it may just be how they have been drawn, or more likely it is to do with transparency.  You see, as Aali told me you need to actually make the transparent layer black.  Adobe can't do it, but Gimp can.  If your transparency layer isn't fixed up, it interferes in game.  That's very likely why you see it, and I don't.  I fixed it.

Send me your textures.

edit: also I am pretty sure those are Romeo's.  Unless Grimmy edited his own from Romeo's, but they do look exactly as I remember Romeo's.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-14 14:01:06 by DLPB »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2013-06-14 14:54:56 »
Well, actually the issue is greatly exaggerated with Felix's nice textures included with MO. I'd really prefer to use those. The moire effect or whatever its called is brilliant. I'm guessing you already fixed this glitch or haven't run into it. It's always been that way since they were made as far as my own experience. Let me make a screenshot of it, will take me a minute to fix one up. The ones from my screenshot above are included in the link with that post, the yellow one has a funny little spot at the bottom I wanted to fix, also.

Edit: OK this is from a fresh install of Menu Overhaul. Nothing new. Just figured was a known issue. Probably is. But you can pretty clearly see the little lines after the last materias. I mean this is not earth-shattering stuff we're talking about here... I'm just particular is all.

Also, I see now the little flickering I saw is my TV's Bravia chip having a tiny silent fit for some reason. Does it on the screenshot, even.

« Last Edit: 2013-06-14 15:13:20 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2013-06-14 15:32:42 »
I had not noticed that... the reason you can is because of the black background.  I did use black background in testing but not with Felix.  It's likely caused by something on the texture.  All I will do is delete it :)  Thanks for that.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2013-06-14 20:11:05 »
Sorry for my noob question, but when I replace the 5 b_l files from your .rar file to the bootleg/menu folder, everytime I launch the game, they are owerwritten and replaced by the original files.
Is it the normal behaviour ?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 2013-06-14 22:33:30 »
Clear the files from the Mods/Cache/Menu folder :)

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1621 on: 2013-06-15 00:38:37 »
Glad to have you back here Daniel!  :lol:
And you brought great news back with you too! (Beacause at 90%!!)
Here's my 2 cents:
New borders and 2-coloumn magic look very good, and IMHO the FF9 interface is fine as it is.
By the way, do you plan to add a FF7-like interface in the future?
Oh and, tinkering here and there with your mod (again) I noticed that the "coin toss" window just overlaps the command window, while every other sub menu like item or magic makes the command window vanish. Is there a way to extend this effect to the coin toss window?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2013-06-15 00:47:25 »
To make the coin toss window remove the previous window takes a bit of messing...  im not sure if it can be done with code already there but to be honest, i wasnt taking any chances originally.  To make the main window disappear can be done, but it takes coding, and im not sure its that much of a priority.

FF9 interface needs some tweaks to the hud imho...I will let felix decide.  I am nowhere near his level with graphics, and in fact, my weakness is graphics.

As for translation project, yup, not long now... and then I have to

a. run through 700+ maps and making changes
b. run through entire game and make changes
c. get luksy to run through all maps and see if he is happy
d. maybe get SOMEONE else out there to look through and see if they are happy
e. Get covarr to proof chec

Release.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 2013-06-15 00:55:02 »
Clear the files from the Mods/Cache/Menu folder :)

My cache folder in ff7 folder is empty.. so of course no effect deleting it. Materia's textures always return back to originals installed with bootleg

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1624 on: 2013-06-15 01:28:59 »
To make the coin toss window remove the previous window takes a bit of messing...  im not sure if it can be done with code already there but to be honest, i wasnt taking any chances originally.  To make the main window disappear can be done, but it takes coding, and im not sure its that much of a priority.
It isn't a priority at all. I was just curious because i had to enlarge the command window and now it can be seen when you're using coin toss, but I couln't find the values to make the coin toss box larger as well. I'll just have to look better.  ;-)

As for translation project, yup, not long now... and then I have to

a. run through 700+ maps and making changes
b. run through entire game and make changes
c. get luksy to run through all maps and see if he is happy
d. maybe get SOMEONE else out there to look through and see if they are happy
e. Get covarr to proof chec

Release.
I won't ask how much will it take. I fear it might shatter my idea of "90%".  :-D
So just keep up the good work man, we'll all be waiting for it to be complete!  ;-)