Author Topic: Problems when summoning Eden and with the Ultimecia battle!  (Read 10793 times)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Hi!

I have a problem when summoning Eden. It's a graphics problem, and it sort of 'fades out' during the cutscene, but doesn't fade back in until about 10 seconds later. I can hear the effects running in the background. Also, when fighting Ultimecia, it does the same thing, and takes 10 seconds to fade back in. I think it's meant to happen in the game (maybe with time compression effects), but it doesn't take this long to fade back in, and it might not even have to fade out! Please help!

I have a 1.2GHz AMD Athlon, a GeForce2 MX400, a SB Live! 5.1 sound card, and I have installed the 1.2 GeForce patch. Anyone else have this problem?

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Problems when summoning Eden and with the Ultimecia battle!
« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-14 15:13:45 »
I bet its a problem with the motion-blur effects that happen during those parts.  It happens to me but I haven't figured out how to fix it.

See http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?p=23976#23976

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-14 18:45:31 »
...I don't know I have a G2, and the motion blur works fine on my machine.

iceydamo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-20 21:19:55 »
I have the same problem with summoning eden, fighting Ultimecia and I have also does it when riona the one with the long blue jumper I can't remeber her name properly cause I always change it, does wishing star,
I don't know why it does it Im going to mess around with the advanced graphics controls for the card see if there is anything in there to help with the problem if I find out what helps to stop it or minimise the effects happening I will post it ok...

halohalo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-21 03:45:31 »
You can try to enable FSAA, it may help solve the problem.

halohalo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2003-07-21 18:16:40 »
Quote from: Aaron
I bet its a problem with the motion-blur effects that happen during those parts.  It happens to me but I haven't figured out how to fix it.

See http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?p=23976#23976

Install new detonator 43.45(or above) first. Use rivatuner and set fsaa to 2x2 or 8xS. (for old games, fsaa4x is useless in 43.xx or 44.xx, so you need  4xS mode or above) It may help solve your problem.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Still have problems with it...
« Reply #6 on: 2003-08-13 17:59:10 »
Hi!

I have tried everything to do with FSAA, and it has done nothing to correct the problem. In fact, it looked worse off! Has anyone come up with some kind of patch for this, or registry edit? It can get real annoying!  :(

halohalo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2003-08-17 16:48:02 »
I use voodoo2 (SLI mode disabled) and gf4ti4600 (detonator43.51,8xS or noaa) to get some snapshots about this EDEN issue in ff8pc (with nongeforce game patch). I will test my gf2mx (pci) later.

snapshots :
http://www.geocities.com/halo_halox/page_ff8pc_eden.htm

With Barton2800+ (2088Mhz), there is no delay when I summon Eden :D (my old celeron 1200Mhz can not handle the motion blur effect without delay)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
GRRR! This is SO annoying!
« Reply #8 on: 2003-08-19 18:23:36 »
Hi!

I'm sorry to see that some people have the same problems as me! I'm sure there is some professional game hackers that have come across a solution or patch!? No?

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Software works fine...
« Reply #9 on: 2003-09-29 10:49:17 »
Hi!

I got rid of the stupid problem when in software mode, so it's a 100% graphics card problem.  :D

xeriouxi.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Will writing to the support section help...
« Reply #10 on: 2003-10-14 09:52:43 »
Hi!

Would writing to the EA support section help? I don't know why FF8 PC support is with Electronic Arts, but they have a thread for it.  :-?

xeriouxi.

« Reply #11 on: 2003-10-15 04:49:07 »
EA was the FF8PC publisher/distributor. That's why.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
I didn't know that...
« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-15 11:11:48 »
Hi!

I didn't know that! I never seen anything in the game that mentioned EA.  :D

xeriouxi.

« Reply #13 on: 2003-10-16 02:18:26 »
Yeah, you're not the only one. They haven't been very obvious about it. I only know because back when FF8 wasn't released yet, I was following it pretty closely. Somewhere in there it was announced that Square had ended their distribution contract with Eidos and set up a new one with EA. I'm not sure why their logo's not present... On on the back of the box, and on the cds it *does* say "Square Electronic Arts", though.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
EA have been contacted...
« Reply #14 on: 2003-11-12 11:06:03 »
Hi!

I've contacted EA about the problem and they are trying to get a solution for it. The first response I got was to close down all background programs...  :roll:

Everyone knows that that is just an excuse to say that they don't know how to fix it.  :D

xeriouxi.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Problem solved!
« Reply #15 on: 2003-11-16 16:14:22 »
Hi!

The problem has now been solved! Just update to the most recent drivers fron the nVIDIA website, and it will work!  :D

xeriouxi.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2003-11-16 17:35:50 »
Hey cool... it really is fixed :P

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2003-11-16 23:15:04 »
Hey cool... it really is fixed :P

Hey, do they include a detailed changelog or fixlog with the driver updates?  'Cause, it'd be interesting to read it and see if there is any information pointing to a possible cause for the motion-blur problems and whatnot in the first place.

On a side note, perhaps you should state what the version number for this compatible detonator (or is it "forcewear" now?) set is, for future reference.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2003-11-17 03:10:21 »
I'm using version 52.16 and the motion-blur seems to work fine.  I'm pretty happy with these drivers, as I'm getting a little bit better performance in some of my newer games.  I can't find any kind of changelog that would explain why it works now, but I suppose they corrected something or something and now it works so... I'm happy at that.  As long as they don't break it in the next release.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2003-11-17 05:04:16 »
I'm using version 52.16 and the motion-blur seems to work fine.  I'm pretty happy with these drivers, as I'm getting a little bit better performance in some of my newer games.  I can't find any kind of changelog that would explain why it works now, but I suppose they corrected something or something and now it works so... I'm happy at that.  As long as they don't break it in the next release.

Hmm....can you tell if Alpha Blending options or behavior has changed in the new set?  I still think the problem was that the Alpha channel was wacked in previous drivers, and any new behavior or options for it might give my theory some proof.... :roll:

Well, I guess this thread should be moved to the FAQ board....or something. :P

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Compatability fixes...
« Reply #20 on: 2003-11-17 11:06:38 »
Hi!

I think nVIDIA have a .pdf file on updates to their drivers at the bottom of the page where you download the drivers.  :D

xeriouxi.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2003-11-17 11:56:29 »
Yep you're right, there's a file with changes listed here:
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/52.16/ForceWare_Release_50_graphics_drivers_Release_Notes_v0.2.v52.16.pdf

I don't have time to go through it right now, but I glanced through it and yes there is a list of issues open and issues resolved there...