Author Topic: Thoughts About -Final Fantasy- DISSIDIA!  (Read 39714 times)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
Thoughts About -Final Fantasy- DISSIDIA!
« on: 2009-09-26 17:47:01 »
This has to be one of the best Final Fantasy's today. I give it 30 out of 5 it is THAT Good.

Dissida Pretty much gets all the "heros and Villians" from the first 10 FF Games (1 through 10) to go through the war between Cosmos God of (Light ?) And chaos God of Discord. And no not Vincents last limit break CHAOS. (Though that would be cool). My favorite aspect about Dissida has to be the on line battling, the Battle Gen system, and LENGTH. This game is 1000 times longer then Crisis Core, and brings back almost EVERYTHING from those 10 games.  For Ex-Mode "Limit Breaks" they'll have different things you have to do to make it stronger. Like Cloud and Sephiroth you'd rapidly press Circle to charge the Limit Gauge, Firion you'd use buttom commands, and Squall you'd press R at the right time to use the Trigger. All I can say is Square did a very good job on this game, they should be proud. Just don't make a sequel or it will suck, only remakes please.  :-P

Please share you comment and such. And if anyone lives close enough I'll battle them.

Have fun,

Masa-Buster
« Last Edit: 2009-10-13 23:38:25 by Masa-Buster »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts About DISSIDA
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-26 18:05:52 »
i've only clocked about 10 hours on the game, but it is very well done. they make great use of the handheld medium with the calender bonuses etc, and the gameplay is quite smooth, though it has a slightly steep learning curve

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-26 18:44:35 »
I just noticed that Ex-Death and Golbez look almost exactly the same...wow. 

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-26 19:03:59 »
yea, for 4 n 5 they had a thing for giant armoured villains... as to them looking like toys... well... thats what they did look like in ff 4 n 5 ^^ I quite like what they did wiht the oldshool characters (well, all of em for that matter). They're based largely on amano's art, but kind of an "as drawn by nomura". its something of a compromise between the old flowy style n the edge anime style. my likes.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-26 19:24:18 »
they did, to an extent... amano's style is practically impossible to model accurately, cuz it isnt a defined acurate style. it'd be good to animate with ink or osmething, but in 3d you need tangible shapes, which amano does not offer. he does however draw beautiful art nonetheless.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-26 19:51:54 »
I like this game. My current favorite character is Sephiroth. (no I'm not a fan boy, I just know how to use him efficiently). What are you guys' favorite characters?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-26 20:41:18 »
no I'm not a fan boy
Yes you are...your avatar...

And I like kuja, if you keep your distance and has good equipment there is not much anyone can do... :-D
Na bro. Not a fan boy. Although I should be because I find him cool though. And as for the avatar, just wanted something relevant to this here forums. Lol.
Anyways, back on topic, the character I find trouble using atm is Firion. Idk, he's kinda difficult to use in the beginning. Maybe he has some awesome moves later on.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-26 21:06:41 »
I should hope Kuja isn't "the best one"... Game would suck if the character's were that unbalanced. Maybe he's *your* best...

I want to play this game but don't want to slap down cash for a PSP.... If only Sony would cut us some slack and let us play PSP games on the PS3. The whole point of the PSP is that it's portable anyway, so it's not like it'd render the PSP useless...

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-26 21:23:16 »
Cloud is pretty good, but he becomes even better when he has those branching combos (Finishing Touch and Omnislash v.5) and as for the rest, I've yet to use them. I used Jecht and eh, we was ok. Took me kinda long to beat just one guy though.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-27 01:37:28 »
no I'm not a fan boy
Yes you are...your avatar...

speak for yourself hermoor, you have sephi in yer msn display picture.

as to chaos, i'll get back to you in a week or two when i get to him.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-27 02:06:02 »
Cosmos God of (Light ?)
*Cosmos, goddess of harmony.

Anyway... I don't have this game.  Hard to believe it'd be worth it to spend all that money on a new PSP (haven't got one yet).  As for Golbez and Exdeath, maybe they do look a little cartoony, but hey!  Golbez is awesome!

Also, as a self-confessed Sephiroth fanboy, I must say that I like the subtle changes they made to his outfit.  He has also got good battle quotes.  Ruination to all!!  >=D

Besides that, they picked out a great VA for Cloud of Darkness in the English translation... they couldn't have done worse for Zidane and Kuja...

Yeah, I've been following this game.  Anyway, that's it from me :-)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-27 10:43:31 by The Seer of Shadows »

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-27 02:19:42 »
I like this game. My current favorite character is Sephiroth. (no I'm not a fan boy, I just know how to use him efficiently). What are you guys' favorite characters?

I actually can use Cloud, Squall, and Firion fairly nice. I like how Squall can go up right close to the enemy and deal massive damage, but I have to say Cloud is my main character. For it is Cloud have to go for him naturally.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: 2009-09-27 08:16:21 »
I uploaded a video that I just felt like recording on my youtube. I consider myself average I guess, lol.  :-)

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-09-28 01:58:53 »
What I find really awesome about this game is that you can level up while fighting against friends. It's a really fun way to level when you know lots of people who play. Also, I find they did a really great job on tying all the characters together and making all the characters look like they're not all from different games, although I find Zidane (which is now pronounced Zidawn apparently o.o) doesn't fit in with the other characters. And the whole Cosmos against Chaos is a pretty good way to stick all the characters in the game and separate the goodies from the baddies, me thinks.

Anyways, back on topic, the character I find trouble using atm is Firion. Idk, he's kinda difficult to use in the beginning. Maybe he has some awesome moves later on.

Yeah, Firion is kind of hard to use at the beginning I find, because all his attacks are long-range and not that accurate, and his only HP attack is slow. Though I'm not gonna judge which character's my favorite until I get everyone's abilities and try to get used to them.
So far my main is Onion Knight.  :-D Even though he does little damage, he's quite fast and most of his attacks have additions to it. That and he's kawai. >w<

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-09-28 02:02:33 »
I thought it was a pretty fun game, Though i quickly grew tired of it. Though that might be because i don't have much time in my life anymore, and i find it more enjoyable to do other things then game haha.

Though i will pick it up one day i'm sure. also might be because i've pretty much beaten the computer to all hell, and my wifi card is dead on my PSP. So can't play with my friends or on ad hac..

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-09-28 02:17:12 »
I randomly go into Communacations and leave my Card Exchange on over night see if anyone is up to the challenge :P

So far nobody has met the wraith of G!!!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-09-28 02:21:36 »
@ chocobo girl the art direction for dissidia was quite good, though i feel there is a gap between the games for which nomura illustrated to those he did not. that n its awesome fun to play you, part from when you spam blizzard as terra >< STAY AWAY :P

EDIT:
fergot to say, for the plot, with the cosmos/chaos struggle, i'm not sure how else they could do it, other htan making a vague version of every FF's plot, and theme of good vs. evil. nonethe less (not having finished it) it seems well executed.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-28 02:24:38 by timu sumisu »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #17 on: 2009-09-28 02:54:34 »
I never tried that Communications thing... Err how dies it work?  :-o

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-09-28 03:03:55 »
that n its awesome fun to play you, part from when you spam blizzard as terra >< STAY AWAY :P

Don't worry, I don't play Terra as often anymore. Though you have yet to battle my pwnuj Onion Knight! *evil grin*

I never tried that Communications thing... Err how dies it work?  :-o

You just go in Communications Mode > Online Lobby, and choose one of the lobbies. If someone else is in the same lobby you can battle them. ^^

And yes, even though all the characters are detached from their initial game and most of the elements from it, I do find they all kept their own distinct personalities, both in their way of acting and fighting of course. For example, Bartz is very easygoing, Squall's bein all emo and wanting to fight alone, and so on.
What I find a little funny though is that, say for Cloud and Squall, all their normal HP attacks are limit breaks.  :-P

I also love the dissidia soundtrack! I find they've done a really great job rearranging the battle themes of each game. Some of them have more a techno feel to them, others are more orchestrated, some have a mix of techno and orchestration. It's pretty neat. That and it's fun to compare with other versions of the songs, like the Black Mages' ones for instance. The new songs in dissidia are great too, like "Cosmos" that they use as one of the battle themes. It had lyrics, it totally caught me off guard. o.o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZ96c5OGy4

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-09-28 03:12:32 »
Squall's bein all emo and wanting to fight alone, and so on.

not to mention narrating his own life :P (awesome job with that, given there was no audio different (just his lips didnt move n the subs had brackets i think) I found it quite humorous to have him dissing ppl in his head.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-09-28 16:34:39 »
My only complaint, emo Cloud :( 
Quote from: Emo Cloud
"Oh but my feelings!"
 "I need a reason to fight for my feelings"
"Sometimes my feelings feel feelings"

These aren't exact quotes, but you get the idea.   Squall seemed more manly than Cloud, and that is upsetting.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-09-28 16:36:46 »
i dont remember any of those, my favorite among cloud's quotes is "i'm not going to sleep tonight"

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-09-28 16:39:32 »
Some of his in battle quotes are pretty good if I remember correctly.   But his whole storyline REEKED of AC Cloud. 

I just wanted to see badass Cloud back.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-09-28 16:41:06 »
unfortunately square has forgotten about baddass cloud, as have most people.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-09-28 16:53:54 »
first of all... thats zack, not cloud.

second of all, stop trolling, go to your forum and socialize with /all/ your members.

as to Cloud's old peresonality, there was a slight hint of it in dirge of cerberus with the little "srry i'm late" gag, echoing from the opening of ff7. perhaps we'll see him not so emo in the sequel to dirge, and perhaps that game will be half decent. (i wonder if G will be russian again?)