Author Topic: Thoughts About -Final Fantasy- DISSIDIA!  (Read 39675 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Thoughts About DISSIDA
« Reply #50 on: 2009-10-02 18:01:10 »
Well, I noticed that in Cloud's because Cloud obviously doesn't equip the Ultima Weapon when he is in Ex-Mode. I haven't checked the others yet.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-10-02 23:54:16 »
Advent CHildren Cloud normally has only part of the First Tiserui (Sword...no clue how to spell it) then in Ex-Mode it has the full sword.

I wish they changed Omni-slash in the AC outfit to AC Omni-slash. (Swords in air, enemy in middle, 15 random hits...) That would be soooooo awsome...

So faveorte character to play?

Firion, though I use Cloud ALOT but firion fits my needs of slow, fast, hes just in there. That and its Firion. FF2 has to be THE hardest FF game in the WORLD!!!! I only played 1,2,3(Never beat),4,5,6,7,8,9,10, CC, Dissidia. I never played XII or XI. Never really found my interest, for FFXII system was alot like FFX spheregrid, just FFXII had levels, and actual REAL-TIME-COMBAT I hated, ATB or Turn-by-Turn is what FF is based on, and it should stay that way. If they remake FF7, it better be random encounters  :lol:

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-10-03 00:59:53 »
FFII was hard first time around, sure, but I disagree with you, FFV was exponentially harder.

Why are people complaining about Dissidia Cloud "reeking of AC Cloud" and Sephiroth calling him a "puppet" repeatedly?  They wanted to draw parallels to the Final Fantasy Universe, and Cloud wasn't himself in the original game.  He was Zack, basically, at least for the most part.  And Sephiroth doesn't have real control over Cloud, so he has to instead taunt him into thinking that he does.  I actually thought the two of them fitted their characters quite nicely.

Though Dissidia Sephiroth is a lot like Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth in that he doesn't seem bothered that much.  Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth, by contrast, was like, hell-bent on destroying everything.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-10-03 01:42:10 »
FFII was hard first time around, sure, but I disagree with you, FFV was exponentially harder.

Why are people complaining about Dissidia Cloud "reeking of AC Cloud" and Sephiroth calling him a "puppet" repeatedly?  They wanted to draw parallels to the Final Fantasy Universe, and Cloud wasn't himself in the original game.  He was Zack, basically, at least for the most part.  And Sephiroth doesn't have real control over Cloud, so he has to instead taunt him into thinking that he does.  I actually thought the two of them fitted their characters quite nicely.

Though Dissidia Sephiroth is a lot like Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth in that he doesn't seem bothered that much.  Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth, by contrast, was like, hell-bent on destroying everything.
He doesn't act anything like Zack in this game.  When I played FF7 I got the impression Cloud didn't care about much of anything and was basically a badass, and even when he realized who he really is, he stayed basically the same, but just started caring about others.  There was no complaining about how everything is all his fault and how he feels his feelings and boohoo... all of that popped up in AC

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-10-03 01:48:39 »
I know that.

Yeah, it was an exaggeration to say he was Zack in the original FF7.  But he was definitely more lively and vibrant than his AC self.  If his AC personality had gone through the original FF7, he would've done many things differently.

Hermoor II

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-10-03 09:31:15 »
Kuja is the best of all of them. At least for me, he is the only character that can stay in air forever. And he has good magic attacks that works both in close quaters as well as on a distance. The only thing that is bad about the character is the voice...

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-10-03 10:10:48 »
Yeah, his voice is terrible.  He actually sounds gay, which goes with the outfit.  Again, just to clarify, I've nothing against homosexuals.  But the way in which he dresses up is just >.<

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-10-03 17:22:22 »
Kuja is the best of all of them. At least for me, he is the only character that can stay in air forever. And he has good magic attacks that works both in close quaters as well as on a distance. The only thing that is bad about the character is the voice...

The way dissidia works, everyone can stay in the air indefinately >>, anyhow I find his attacks fairly slow and easy to dodge, if he misses flare star you will have no problem taking him right down.

I wish they changed Omni-slash in the AC outfit to AC Omni-slash. (Swords in air, enemy in middle, 15 random hits...) That would be soooooo awsome...
Omnislash version 5 (what he uses in AC) is and hp attack you get when you master one of the aerial bravaery attacks (its a continuation of it)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #58 on: 2009-10-04 00:24:47 »

The way dissidia works, everyone can stay in the air indefinately >>, anyhow I find his attacks fairly slow and easy to dodge, if he misses flare star you will have no problem taking him right down.

Omnislash version 5 (what he uses in AC) is and hp attack you get when you master one of the aerial bravaery attacks (its a continuation of it)

Finishing Touch is also a result of a mastered BRV attk.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-10-04 03:37:57 »
Yeah, his voice is terrible.  He actually sounds gay, which goes with the outfit.  Again, just to clarify, I've nothing against homosexuals.  But the way in which he dresses up is just >.<

Kuja would choose the thong over the epic black cape in a villain costume shop. ^^

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-10-04 03:44:49 »
He certainly broke tradition as an antagonist, I'll give him that...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009-10-04 03:54:00 »
h'okay, so i've beaten teh game, (save for inward chaos, and the gabranth chapter). By in large, the game held through very well. decent difficulty (unless you leveled up), a fair degree of balance between characters, and each had advantages over others. However, (i'll test this out over sometime playing with friends) the only significant technique that will garner an advantage in combat is good timing on blocks and dodges. As most attacks are fairly easily dodged, (some more than others) I've noticed many battles that are a long string of misses.  when you block an attack though, the opponent staggers, allowing for an opening, and at higherlevels, can easily result in a quick victory.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009-10-04 03:59:23 »
*MOAN*  I want this game!! :-(

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #63 on: 2009-10-04 04:09:42 »
*MOAN*  I want this game!! :-(
Go buy it! lol

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009-10-04 04:12:31 »
No!  I'd have to buy a PSP first!  I mean, I can afford it but... what if I get addicted and start neglecting my real life and things start going downhill and... AAARRRGGHH!!!

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009-10-04 04:15:28 »
No!  I'd have to buy a PSP first!  I mean, I can afford it but... what if I get addicted and start neglecting my real life and things start going downhill and... AAARRRGGHH!!!

You sound like me when I was debating whether I should play WoW or not. :lol: Come on it's not a drug ye know. :-P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009-10-04 04:20:13 »
WoW is the one thing I immediately resolved never to turn to.  I hardly ever felt tempted.

How strong am I!? :-D

*We're going off-topic*

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #67 on: 2009-10-04 12:04:33 »
I thought it was a cool idea, but it's so ridiculous. I can't figure out what the fuck is happening half of the time.

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009-10-04 22:29:38 »
One thing about Firion I noticed, stay in the air and cast Blizzard OVER and OVER and OVER again, you won't move out of that spot.

WoW is the one thing I immediately resolved never to turn to.  I hardly ever felt tempted.

*We're going off-topic*

WoW can easily be put out of mind and ignored...just play an FF game for a few days  :-P Yea we are going off topic...then again...off topic section.

Kuja is the best of all of them. At least for me, he is the only character that can stay in air forever. And he has good magic attacks that works both in close quarters as well as on a distance. The only thing that is bad about the character is the voice...

Kuja is good, but I can't play him for crap really. I've been playing as Bartz and Sephiroth for a little while...also got an artifact Armor; Named it Zeidrich  :mrgreen:

I finished Chapter 1,2, and started 3 for Shade Impulse, getting there. Also I noticed in Bartz Ex-Burst (Rapid-Fire-Spellblade-Duel Wield; he says "Four Essences!" and then at the end of the Burst, he'll use the Brave Sword, one of the best items in FF5 unless you used the chicken Dagger...

Memory's, huh?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009-10-05 09:44:38 »
Hate to break this to you... i before e.  That rule applies to "Ziedrich" as well :-D  At least in FF7PC.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #70 on: 2009-10-08 17:53:47 »
When this game was announced I made sure that I would have a PSP by the time it came out. I got mine last Christmas with Crisis Core and Star Ocean remake. When Dissidia came out I was still playing Star Ocean. Then I got Star Ocean 2 remake instead of Dissidia. :( BUT I just got it last week and I've been playing it almost every free minute I get. It's addicting even though I haven't done everything there is to do yet.

Voice acting is bad. Not all the voices, but the delivery is terrible in most lines. They tend to pause every five or six words and just stand there. Or they'll say split-second words like "What?!" and keep moving for a full two seconds after they've said that. VAing is an art in video games that has yet to be perfected. I pray for the day....

I've only played as a few characters but I've already gotten some opinions about them:

Warrior of Light: Generic kind of guy. Pretty balanced. Not great at anything.
Firion: It's annoying that he only has one HP attack for the first 20 or so levels. I've gotten him to level 8 but couldn't stand him. Terrible air Bravery attacks. He's definitely better on the ground.
Onion Knight: He's smaller than the others, but his bravery hits kind of weak even though it's multi-hit. I guess it makes it easier to get those "Critical hit in 10 sec" DP bonuses.
Cecil: "Seh-sul"? Really? I always said it "See-sul". Anyway. His class changes bugged me. He's better as the Paladin. Dark Knight has mostly close-range moves and doesn't travel far.
Cloud: Hits hard, but recovers terribly! Maybe it's just me, but almost all the opponents I've faced recover about twice as fast as Cloud does. They block, Cloud Staggers, BAM! Riposte devours my Bravery. :( He moves pretty slow too, but the Omni Air Dash makes him seem like Superman.
Zidane: Runs fast and at a low level has a good mix of close/range attacks.

I have yet to play as any of the villians, but every time I fight Golbez, Sephiroth, or Jeckt they usually end up flattening me if I'm less than 10 levels above them. The others are easy to avoid (except Kefka's stupid Ice).

It also bugs me that even at low levels, the CPU opponent has access to all their attacks from every level.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009-10-08 18:30:33 »
I hated seh-sul and zih-dahn and tee-dus
It should be see-sul, zie-dane, and tie-dus.  I've been speaking English long enough to know how to pronounce words.  (side note: mah-ko should definitely be may-ko, but that's a complaint for a different thread)

I literally RAPED Kefka in Terra's story.  I don't know if I'm just really good with her... but he never touched me.  Actually, she's become one of my favorites.

And oh yes, the voice acting.  Those 2 second pauses nearly drive me insane.   @Squeenix, look, I realize the mouth movements from the Japanese script will not line up with the English script.  But for christ sake, it's not like their lip movements are anything other than a 3 different sets of textures being applied at different times.  I could care less if it sync's perfectly, at least make it sound normal  :|

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009-10-08 18:37:38 »
I literally RAPED Kefka in Terra's story.

Literally?

This I have to see!

I always knew Terra was into femdom :-P

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #73 on: 2009-10-08 19:28:45 »
I hated seh-sul and zih-dahn and tee-dus
It should be see-sul, zie-dane, and tie-dus.  I've been speaking English long enough to know how to pronounce words.  (side note: mah-ko should definitely be may-ko, but that's a complaint for a different thread)
I agree with you for the Tidus and Mako part, but i always imageined zidane as Zih-dan or Zih-dane, and Cecil as Seh-sul
While that's been brought up, ami the only person thought it was Yuh-fee instead of You-fee, and Tih-fah instead of Tee-fah? also Wuh-tai instead of Woo-tai :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009-10-08 19:36:36 »
ami the only person thought it was Yuh-fee instead of You-fee, and Tih-fah instead of Tee-fah? also Wuh-tai instead of Woo-tai :P

Yes! Weirdo! :-P

Actually, I always thought it was Yuh-fee, since vowels that come before two consonants tend to be short and ones that come before one tend to be long. For the same reason, I always thought of the first syllable of Tifa's name as being pronounced like "tea" and the first syllable of mako was pronounced like "May".

I stand by my pronunciations and declare that the official ones are wrong! :lol:

Also, surely Zidane is pronounced like the name of the head-butting French footballer?