Author Topic: [PSX] FFVII International all-in-one translation package (BETA 2)  (Read 57314 times)

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Could a moderator please move this to Tools? It's not really a mod, but a set of programs after all. And please, remove learners crap while you're at it. :-\

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
I know, I know...I've become quite the necromancer. ;)

There's a program contained in the latest download referenced in this thread, called isocpy.exe. This program is called by a simple batch file, with commands like:

Code: [Select]
isocpy ..\MENU\EQIPMENU.MNU D:\SLPS-01057.bin 53992
I assume this command would copy EQIPMENU.MNU (currently residing one directory up, in the adjacent directory MENU) into the disc image SLPS-01057.bin, at LBA 53992, presumably over the top of whatever previously existed in the space required.

If this assumption is correct, am I to understand that, if so inclined, one could use this program to insert files into disc images at specified LBA? I realize there are other apps out there that can also do this CDMage, CD-Tool, etc), but as this seems like a very simple tool, it would eliminate confusion related to configuration, settings, etc.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
Careful how you use isocpy, all it does is injecting a file into the ISO without expanding anything: it doesn't update TOC information nor it considers if the file is larger than the original entry (i.e. corruption of the next file in the ISO might happen). The program is not meat to be used by newbies, which is why I never released it to the public other than for this project (and with MNU files you can't possibly screw).

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
I figured it was a fairly raw utility with no safeguards, and I wasn't intending to copy anything larger than the original file.

Still, you should post it separately somewhere, with a note regarding its dangers, etc. It could prove quite useful.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
That would need at least a few changes to the poor sources, which I have no idea where the hell I have them (if they still exist somewhere on my disks). Plus it's no complicated tool, anybody can reprogram it with better results, hence why I never bothered releasing it in the first place.

snt

• View Profile
How I can download this package? Links dont work
« Last Edit: 2016-11-09 01:02:17 by snt »