Author Topic: FFVII: Game crash after leaving Midgar for the first time. Help is appreciated.  (Read 3319 times)

mediocreatbest

Hello all,

After I do the motorcycle minigame and defeat the boss, it shows a scene where the group decides to leave Midgar. They climb down a rope and stand around for a moment, then it gives you the option to choose your party. I have done this, and as soon as I try to leave the Midgar area the screen stays black and I get an error message.

I have:
Windows XP.
1.02 patch
The mod that makes their hands look realistic
The custom software renderer (from Aali, I think?)
And the HD patch although quite frankly I'm not sure if that's even working
I also tried to install Advent Avatars, FF7music, and Hi-res Cloud but I don't think any of these work.

It's strange, because I have a shortcut in my start menu that leads to FF7config, but if I use the shortcut then the config doesn't give me the options of "3D hardware acceleration" or "Custom driver". To get these options I have to find FF7config.exe through My Documents.

Sorry if that's confusing, but help would be much appreciated. If someone can tell me how to make the other mods/patches work, that would be great too.

Thanks!!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
To get these options I have to find FF7config.exe through My Documents.
My Documents? What?

Everything that comes with the custom driver should be put in the FF7 install folder (by default, "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\").

mediocreatbest

No no, it's in the right place. I just have to navigate to the FFVII folder through My Documents.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
did you edit your save game w/ black chocobo 1.2>? if so that could be your problem, also if that is the case you should get 1.2.1 (that includes the bug fix for event crashing)

mediocreatbest

Black Chocobo? I've never heard of that, is it another patch? I'm somewhat reluctant to install any more patches until I'm sure what caused the problem...

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Black Chocobo? I've never heard of that, is it another patch? I'm somewhat reluctant to install any more patches until I'm sure what caused the problem...
Its the latest savegame editor being worked on by sithlord48.