Author Topic: Standalone controllable sephiroth  (Read 7402 times)

praygon

Standalone controllable sephiroth
« on: 2011-07-27 21:53:42 »
Hey everyone :) So here's my question/request. Iv been lurking about the site for a while and iv searched the net for god knows how long and iv picked up a few incredibly good mods made by you talented chaps but one mod I'm lacking that id really like would be a controllable sephiroth.

Now i know theres the sephiroth mod that replaces cloud with sephiroth and theres other package mods that let you control sephiroth but i really just need a mod that doesn't change anything other than sephiroth because iv worked ages on getting all the mods to work in harmony i don't wanna change anything else.

So is there a mod already out there that could do this? could it be simply done with an editor or tool for ff7 if so let me know guys thanks for your time :)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Standalone controllable sephiroth
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-27 23:00:41 »
It's actually pretty simple to do yourself, using Wallmarket.

Just go to the character AI section and delete all of Sephiroth's scripts. He'll now be controllable and can take damage.

If you just want to control him but not lose his invincibility, you need to delete his MAIN script but keep his PRE-BATTLE script as is.

praygon

« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-28 16:50:16 »
Ah Thanks Bosola it worked perfectly  :). I had no idea it was that simple figured it would have required a mod well anyways thats case closed then thanks for your time guys  :D

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-30 01:26:37 »
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but deleting his main script simply made him do nothing at all in battle.
His ATB bar fills, then refills, then refills, etc., but with no action.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-30 05:32:54 »
Oh, I forgot! If you keep his pre-battle script, you need to turn off 'Enable Main Script'.

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-30 07:27:37 »
Thanks for clearing that up.  Where do I find the "Enable Main Script" option?  I clicked through every tab in WallMarket...

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-30 08:55:53 »
In Sephiroth's pre-battle script, delete the code

12 2060
10 402A
60 01

Lazybones

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-30 15:56:59 »
Hm, deleting his main script, then those few bits of code in his pre-battle script had the same effect (ATB bar constantly filling).

Thinking about it though, it'd be more fun to have Sephiroth as just a regular party member.  Deleting his pre-battle and main scripts take care of that, as you stated previously.

« Reply #8 on: 2015-05-17 04:54:16 »
is it controllable Sephiroth have his own working limit breaks? How glitchy is he? Does the game freeze if you have him during story time and does he dissaper if you take him out of your party to the PHS.