Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 710041 times)

xxxgodz

• View Profile
Re: [Release v1.4.5] WallMarket KERNEL.BIN editor
« Reply #950 on: 2011-09-17 11:30:12 »
thanks for the help though appreciate it!

Milo Leonhart

• French...
    • View Profile
    • EKOI
« Reply #951 on: 2011-11-05 10:26:22 »
Can we put the animation of the Limit Break on an Attack ? and if we can, what is the animation ID of the Limit Break please...

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2011-11-05 20:34:25 »
i've tryed to do that a couple of times and its always ended bad for me, usually with it working allright on cloud but being very glitchy on everyone else

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2011-11-30 23:04:01 »
Hi there ! I have a question : I messed around a lot with Wallmarket now, but I then I wanted to make that new magic, that would require the "beast flare" animation (attack from galien beast's Vincent limit). But there is an issue ! Since the biggest value you can enter in "Animation ID" is FF, which is one of Aeris's limitbreak, I can't reach for the other character's limitbreak animations... I mean it would have to be a "3 character long" number... Like 11B or something...

So does anyone know how can I do it ?

Thanks for helping me !! :)

I'd also like to use the "Throw/Coin" materia thing on another, but I don't know how... (The thing that allow you to use both commands during a fight. (You know it alters during the fight like "Throw', then "Coin", then "Throw".. etc..))

And I also have an issue with the software itself : See, it I enter a value in the materia section, where it asks for how much AP it requires to go to the level beyond, well it cannot be deleted. It can be modified, but not deleted. Forcing me to have a 5 stars materia where only 3 is needed, as for Super EXP for example.....
« Last Edit: 2011-12-01 10:08:10 by samourai23 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #954 on: 2011-12-01 18:16:35 »
Hi there ! I have a question : I messed around a lot with Wallmarket now, but I then I wanted to make that new magic, that would require the "beast flare" animation (attack from galien beast's Vincent limit). But there is an issue ! Since the biggest value you can enter in "Animation ID" is FF, which is one of Aeris's limitbreak, I can't reach for the other character's limitbreak animations... I mean it would have to be a "3 character long" number... Like 11B or something...

So does anyone know how can I do it ?

Thanks for helping me !! :)

Limit animations are tricky business and not likely to work on any other character other than the one it's intended to work for. You can't get more than a double-digit value there.

I'd also like to use the "Throw/Coin" materia thing on another, but I don't know how... (The thing that allow you to use both commands during a fight. (You know it alters during the fight like "Throw', then "Coin", then "Throw".. etc..))

That's a property of the 'Coin' command. You can't make another command do that.

And I also have an issue with the software itself : See, it I enter a value in the materia section, where it asks for how much AP it requires to go to the level beyond, well it cannot be deleted. It can be modified, but not deleted. Forcing me to have a 5 stars materia where only 3 is needed, as for Super EXP for example.....

It kinda works, kinda not. You can enter a value of 65535 and that level will go away.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2011-12-01 20:16:43 »
But I'm able to use the "Planet Protector" animation though ! So why can't I go beyond exactly ? There is no way ?? :(

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #956 on: 2011-12-01 20:56:15 »
But I'm able to use the "Planet Protector" animation though ! So why can't I go beyond exactly ? There is no way ?? :(

Nope. That's the way it goes.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2011-12-01 21:22:09 »
Man that's too baaaaaad :'( :'(
I had so awesome ideas that involved the use of these animations...
And if I wanted to swap aeris's limit animation with other animation, how could I do that ? (I mean without WM) ?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #958 on: 2011-12-13 21:00:06 »
You need to read up on how FF7 animations work: see http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9277.msg124618#msg124618 and http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11534.msg159464#msg159464.

Actually, I might write this stuff up as a page on the wiki. Should save some time.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2011-12-14 12:56:29 »
and who better than you to undertake such a project? :D

Yagiyagi

« Reply #960 on: 2012-01-06 17:48:50 »
Hey people,
I've been using Wallmarket for some time and the program works great, the only problem is that it can't handle Japanese characters.
Is there any plan to add Japanese language support in the future?
Or can I do that myself by editing wallmarket.dat?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #961 on: 2012-01-06 20:35:14 »
Hey people,
I've been using Wallmarket for some time and the program works great, the only problem is that it can't handle Japanese characters.
Is there any plan to add Japanese language support in the future?
Or can I do that myself by editing wallmarket.dat?

There was, then that option got dropped. I may go back and add it in now that I know how using an XML file instead of a flat .dat one. I'll have to finish PrCMDI first though.

g0lbez

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2012-01-07 00:41:54 »
I've been doing some spell modification and was wondering if there was an issue with the attack formula "X6 Caster's HP/2" or if it just works in some weird way. Every time I try to utilize it the result is always 0 damage, no matter how much HP I have.

Yagiyagi

« Reply #963 on: 2012-01-07 12:59:59 »
There was, then that option got dropped. I may go back and add it in now that I know how using an XML file instead of a flat .dat one. I'll have to finish PrCMDI first though.
Ah, sorry to hear that.  I don't have any experience in programming but I have the Japanese version of FF7, so let me know if you need any help.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #964 on: 2012-01-09 14:51:17 »
I've been doing some spell modification and was wondering if there was an issue with the attack formula "X6 Caster's HP/2" or if it just works in some weird way. Every time I try to utilize it the result is always 0 damage, no matter how much HP I have.

Actually, I don't think it does work. There's no function assigned to that value. The valid ranges are 0, 1, and 8-Dh for the secondary damage formulae. There shouldn't be a X6. I think I was told that is what it did way back when WM was being developed and never checked it myself. Turns out whomever told me that was wrong.

Ah, sorry to hear that.  I don't have any experience in programming but I have the Japanese version of FF7, so let me know if you need any help.

Thanks. I have the Japanese character set so I think I'm set.

TrckyGmr

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2012-01-13 00:10:01 »
does this work on windows 7 ultimate?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #966 on: 2012-01-13 00:26:36 »
does this work on windows 7 ultimate?

Is there a reason you think it might not? It works on mine. Male sure you have the power packs and ,NET runtimes from the first post installed.

TrckyGmr

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2012-01-13 01:42:54 »
thanks, Im just a newbie here..
will You teach me where I can find the psx kernel.bin?
I would like create some new items and materia for psx but I can't start because
I only have the iso file of FF7.. need help please :-[

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #968 on: 2012-01-13 02:24:31 »
The search is your friend. That question gets asked a lot and there are plenty of topics that answer how to do that. This topic is for discussion about WallMarket and appropriate mechanics only.

TrckyGmr

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2012-01-13 10:41:16 »
Im trying to use the wallmarket but it has to load some kernel.bin file, anyways i'll try to look it up... thanks  :oops:

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2012-01-14 15:38:29 »
Hey guys, the wallmarket help files are down and im having trouble deleting ai scripts. Im trying to delete sephiroths pre and main battle scripts to make him stand alone, but I keep getting those unhandled exception boxes. Any ideas?

bossibou

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2012-01-15 15:37:23 »
Hello, I'm new to FF7 modding and I was wondering if someone could help me solve an issue. I'm trying to give Cait Sith multiple levels of limit breaks. Specifically, each of the slot combinations I'm assigning a limit slot. Anything I put on limit level 1 works fine. The 3 issues I have are as follows.
Limit Level 2: Will automatically pull up slots and no matter what combination will activate the limit set to slot 2-1
Limit Level 3: Works properly in the menu but glitches when activated in battle (camera zooms properly but no animations activate)
Limit Level 4: There's no way to have Cait Sith learn them. I can also speculate they will have the same issue as Level 3 limits.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope this hasn't already been asked before.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-15 19:18:49 by bossibou »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #972 on: 2012-02-26 19:18:05 »
I've been using this release of WM a great deal as part of my Rebirth project. As such, I have a few thoughts for improvements in future releases:

1. It'd be nice to be able to clear all statuses when adding a debuff to an existing attack. At the moment, if a user wants to add 'stop' to ice, s/he has to manually uncheck the other 31 options, which is quite a pain.

2. As with PC, I'm not completely keen on the new UI for choosing damage algorithms. It's hard to find specific (often rather special) spell effects.

3. It'd be nice to be able to visualize stat gain curves when editing them. It's possible to do with the current build but rather fiddly.

4. Not that keen on the UI for managing spell order. I appreciate it's not used by that many modders, but it'd be good if I didn't need to manually track which slots were filled. I don't know if your frameworks lets you implement a drag-and-drop interface, but it's something to consider.

5. I've seen issues where a description from one weapon gets copied to earlier weapons if the latter don't have descriptions of their own. I'm having some trouble replicating this bug, so I can't be much more specific, I'm afraid.

6. It'd be good to see address documentation in the AI section of the manual.

7. If I don't tick 'update text', there's little visual feedback that a file has saved. Whilst I trust the application, my instinct is still to save twice. Some kind of message in the status bar might be appropriate, or perhaps an indication in the window title (many apps use asterisks to signify that there's unsaved content, then remove them once the changes are applied).

8. You need to update your copyright notice in the 'About' section!

That's pretty much it. 1.4.5 is quite stable, and it performs reasonably well too. Good stuff.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #973 on: 2012-02-27 13:32:03 »
I've been using this release of WM a great deal as part of my Rebirth project. As such, I have a few thoughts for improvements in future releases:

1. It'd be nice to be able to clear all statuses when adding a debuff to an existing attack. At the moment, if a user wants to add 'stop' to ice, s/he has to manually uncheck the other 31 options, which is quite a pain.

This came up a long time ago, but I didn't do anything with it. I'm not sure why. I did it with PrC.

2. As with PC, I'm not completely keen on the new UI for choosing damage algorithms. It's hard to find specific (often rather special) spell effects.

The only thing I can here is clarify what each value does. Check the wiki's damage function page. I recently updated it.

3. It'd be nice to be able to visualize stat gain curves when editing them. It's possible to do with the current build but rather fiddly.

The problem here is the curves can be used for a stat, HP/MP, or exp and they are each handled differently so the curves would look different. I could add four panels to the page with the curves for each type.

4. Not that keen on the UI for managing spell order. I appreciate it's not used by that many modders, but it'd be good if I didn't need to manually track which slots were filled. I don't know if your frameworks lets you implement a drag-and-drop interface, but it's something to consider.

I don't know what you mean by this.

5. I've seen issues where a description from one weapon gets copied to earlier weapons if the latter don't have descriptions of their own. I'm having some trouble replicating this bug, so I can't be much more specific, I'm afraid.

I've seen this happen too. It has to do with the pointers to the "blank" slots not being accurate.

6. It'd be good to see address documentation in the AI section of the manual.

I'm not completely keen on this because my understanding of the addresses is always changing. I'd hate to write something down in the readme that is later proven false.

7. If I don't tick 'update text', there's little visual feedback that a file has saved. Whilst I trust the application, my instinct is still to save twice. Some kind of message in the status bar might be appropriate, or perhaps an indication in the window title (many apps use asterisks to signify that there's unsaved content, then remove them once the changes are applied).

There actually is, but it's so fast at doing it that it's finished literally before the screen can update it. :)

8. You need to update your copyright notice in the 'About' section!

Much of it is supposed to update itself in during the build. I'll check it next time I get to it.

Kemlin

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2012-06-05 06:08:46 »
I've been attempting to use WallMarket to edit the PSX kernel (Simple things, adding/removing slots for weapons/armor, altering start-up stats), and I've run into something:

Whenever the kernel is saved, its size is slightly changed regardless of whether or not there were any changes (According to CDMage; my hex editor says otherwise). When the kernel is larger than "default", this makes it impossible to insert back into the game disk without truncating it and (Probably) causing all sorts of problems. The size of the kernel objectively increases the more changes I make, but I don't know why adding slots to equipment would require more space. Aren't the bytes for these things already reserved?

Is there a workaround to this issue? Or am I missing something so totally obvious I should be ashamed for even asking?

Edit: To answer my own line of questioning: No. The kernel does not have the bytes reserved for things such as stat bonuses and slots on weapons. Adding new slots or stat bonuses takes up space. This explains why the kernel is increasing in size.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-05 06:42:35 by Kemlin »