Author Topic: Dead Space 3  (Read 4306 times)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Dead Space 3
« on: 2013-02-18 16:19:15 »
I just recently finished Dead Space 3 and it is absolutely fantastic. It's not so much a jump scare game any more. Its evolved into a survival horror/action game with a great story. Instead of Isaac blindly following directions from point A to point B, he now has a strong personality. They've added a deep cast of characters that give purpose to the game and enrich the experience. The immersion is also much more thorough and I found myself actually caring about what happened to the characters. The new resources and crafting system along with the optional missions and non linear structure bring a whole new level of depth and customization to the game allowing you to choose your play style and personalize your experience. While I personally don't recommend co-op (though I haven't tried it yet) it doesn't hurt to give people the option and won't affect the game aside from 1 or 2 small side missions should you choose to play alone (which you should). I also recommend you start a new game+ after beating it as it allows you to fully understand the story and tie everything together in your head.

*SEMI-SPOILER ALERT*
P.S. If anyone has beaten it, you know about that 'thing' after the credits. This got me very excited about future content.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Dead Space 3
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-18 21:06:45 »
I'm glad you liked it since I read most fans nailed it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54qIpZ5F490 :P :P
I might try it though unlike Aliens: Colonial Marines :)

P.S.: What's your opinion on Defiance? Do you believe it might worth it? I usually do not trust extreme ways of promotional marketing... ;)
« Last Edit: 2013-02-18 21:10:49 by LeonhartGR »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-19 16:10:04 »
I've never heard of Defiance but I can't really base an opinion off of the gameplay footage. I would probably play a demo or open beta before I decided to buy it or not.

Also, I think most people didn't like ds3 because they were expecting a straight up horror/ jumpscare experience. IMO ds 1 and 2 werent very scary anyway compared to amnesia and the like. Visceral made a complete and deep game instead of a cheap 1 dimensional horror game and i love it!

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-19 21:46:47 »
I agree!

Take a look at this too Bungie's Destiny: A Land of Hope and Dreams
« Last Edit: 2013-02-19 22:02:57 by LeonhartGR »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-20 06:12:43 »
I just recently finished Dead Space 3 and it is absolutely fantastic. It's not so much a jump scare game any more. Its evolved into a survival horror/action game with a great story.

Seems to happend to any game series in which EA is involved. First creating a very good and innovative game. But after it has making its name,
any following game of it has simply more action in it (it's proved concept which not only EA uses), instead of working out the the great ideas of the original game.
Dragon Age: Origin and Dragon Age 2 are a good examples for this 'improving' method.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #5 on: 2013-02-20 12:04:39 »
We never forget this though...

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-02-20 21:14:58 »
I believe this does happen sometimes but this is not the case with dead space. Also, to give credit to EA, Mass Effect 3 was one of the best and most emotionally engaging games I've ever played. They don't always fuck everything up.

About Destiny, I actually heard about this earlier today and looked it up just before going on this site and seeing your post LeonhartGR. I love Bungie and from what I've seen this game looks to be the first of its kind and very innovative. The only thing I don't like is it will be console exclusive.

P.S. How do you link text and not url's? I've been wondering for a while.
« Last Edit: 2013-02-20 21:24:02 by BrIcKsQuAd »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2013-02-20 21:27:21 »
[ url=http://... {website} ] bla bla bla [/url]

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile