Author Topic: help a noob w/ text editing weapon stats  (Read 13893 times)

Deathblow

• View Profile
Re: help a noob w/ text editing weapon stats
« Reply #25 on: 2008-09-28 21:23:48 »
usually on the first hit my guy goes down, and it doesnt wear off. you wouldnt by chance have the values for paralyze, or peerless? it would be cheesy to give an armor the peerless benefit but id still like to know.

Some of them work, some of them don't: I managed to get the ignore defence one to work as well, and I'll try a few of the others today.

how did you get it to work because i cant, its (x0400 Piercing (Unblockable)) right? i tried writing it as 00 04 -because thats how i got armor to halve all health (0x0200 i wrote it as 00 02 and hi-potion heals for 250hp) related effects, and 04 00, both dont work, i used a calculator to find the hex value of 400 and its 190 but how do i write that? 19 00 did not work.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-28 21:54:45 by Deathblow »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: help a noob w/ text editing weapon stats
« Reply #26 on: 2008-09-28 23:36:36 »
For these you have to take the value away from ff ff rather than add it to 00 00, so to have a weapon ignore defence you actually have to type in ff fb, to take away MP it has to be fe ff, and so on.

By the way, have you come across this tool for hexadecimal <-> decimal conversion?

http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html

EDIT:

To put paralyse on a weapon you must change 0x05 to 19. But it seems that you want to guard against it, so change 0x06 of your armour. I haven't tested this, so it might not be reliable. I don't know whether you can make an armour cause peerless; they might be able to guard against status change but I doubt they can cause it. Normally one would use an accessory for something like this (at 0x05), and I'm not sure how one could start a fight with peerless.

EDIT 2:

Deathblow, if you are still wondering how the A0 attack power modifier works, I have found that it takes into account the user's status afflictions, whoever that user may be. So, it will activate whenever the person using the weapon has those status afflictions.

I have also discovered that the attack power modifiers used on weapons also work for other the attacks in kernel.bin1. So, for example, you could have the attack power of fire determined by the users MP/MaxMP.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-02 16:03:10 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »