Author Topic: Final Fantasy Dissidia on PSP  (Read 6963 times)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Dissidia on PSP
« on: 2009-01-30 17:19:40 »
Hey, I am totally loving this game.
I got hold of the Japanese version (don't think any US/EU version has been announced), and I can make out some of the speech I can't read Japanese.
Makes it more fun and harder as I have to learn the battle system as I play.
Anyone else played this and what is your impression? I have finished up to Story VIII with Squall.
BTW this is a PSP game which pits the main good guys and main villians from Final Fantasy 1 through to 10 in a story mode, no moving around like an RPG, this is a abit akin to Tactics as you move your character around a board and encounter enemies who you fight on full 3d maps.

The battle system is well made and great fun, but can get easy when you learn the tricks to winning

Silver Wings

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Dissidia on PSP
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-31 17:39:41 »
It's a fighting game mixed up with some RPG but moving your character on a world like a chess set doesnt mean to be tactics at all :)
Btw, you can look up for a script translation on gamefaqs, you can understand how the storyline is. In fact, I gotta admit that this game is better than I expected.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-31 19:58:52 »
It's a fighting game mixed up with some RPG but moving your character on a world like a chess set doesnt mean to be tactics at all :)
Btw, you can look up for a script translation on gamefaqs, you can understand how the storyline is. In fact, I gotta admit that this game is better than I expected.

I couldnt think of a similar game to compare with :)
I found out this week that if you replay a world and get past say level 18 for your character new super baddies appear on alot of the maps.
It is cool to find this stuff out slowly for yourself - it adds to the fun and longetivity of the game.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-02-02 21:46:58 »
I started playing it tonight, I'm having a lot of bother with simple things like healing because the menu's are all in Japanese (of course they are, its all in Japanese)

Its really fun though, I love all the battles and the characters.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-02-03 00:59:19 »
I started playing it tonight, I'm having a lot of bother with simple things like healing because the menu's are all in Japanese (of course they are, its all in Japanese)

Its really fun though, I love all the battles and the characters.
I've only discovered one way to hear - either pick up a potion on the game board, or if you picked up an item previously it should show in the top right of the screen and you can press square to access that sub menu and choose the potion.
All this is while on the game board, I don't know how to heal mid game or in the menus. Mid game the only way you can heal is if you go in to Ex Mode you can get some health back over time.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-02-03 02:07:51 »
Dyou think theres a specific order its supposed to be played in?

Are you playing through each destiny oddysey? I.e. Prologue, Destiny Oddysey I, Destiny Oddysey II etc. The reason I ask is because I tried to follow the dialogue using this :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/939394/55511 translation and it all seems to be in a different order which doesn't make much sense to me.

The way its laid out it makes sense to me to play through FF1's story then FF2's and so on... but it seems in that translation that it skips from 1 to different parts and so on. Am I missing something?

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-02-03 06:26:04 »

Are you playing through each destiny oddysey? I.e. Prologue, Destiny Oddysey I, Destiny Oddysey II etc. The reason I ask is because I tried to follow the dialogue using this :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/939394/55511 translation and it all seems to be in a different order which doesn't make much sense to me.

The way its laid out it makes sense to me to play through FF1's story then FF2's and so on... but it seems in that translation that it skips from 1 to different parts and so on. Am I missing something?
I heard Cloud's and Cecil's are the easiest ones.  And there's translation for the 'scenes' at GameFAQs.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-02-04 06:35:54 »

I heard Cloud's and Cecil's are the easiest ones.  And there's translation for the 'scenes' at GameFAQs.

I know, I said that in my original post, my point was that I don't know what order to play it in. The translation in the gameFAQs document follows a different order than that of the game, which was my initial confusion?