Author Topic: How to make mod work  (Read 2858 times)

Shadowomega137

• View Profile
How to make mod work
« on: 2013-08-01 13:20:43 »
Hello i am trying to to make a mod file
this what i did I am using Makou reactor software text mod thing
I load the custom iso that has all the psx stuff N fail to load on the PS1 Emulator it failed
So How would I do this?
I replace the file that was text modify on to a clean Iso N test that text to make sure it is working

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: How to make mod work
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-01 23:32:05 »
Shadow:  Are you saying that you loaded files from a clean iso with Makou Reactor, then modified the text, and saved the changes and when you tested it on your PS1 emulator, the emulator refused to load the game?

Often it is helpful to spend some time just messing around (AFTER you have backed up your VII files) with the tools you are learning to use, so you learn what works and what doesn't  Often this process takes a good deal of time, and unless you have either extensive modding experience, or background in software engineering or a related area - you're simply not going to be able to produce your ideal results the same day you decide to attempt to mod the game.

What ps1 emulator are you using?

What changes are you trying to make to the game?

What is your desired final result (what is it you're ultimately trying to accomplish)?

Have you read through the threads for the Tools you are trying to use?

I can't provide you with all the answers and help you will need, but PM me if you get stuck again and I can point you in the right direction.