Author Topic: Checking my FF7 2012 files and trying to figure out how to convert for mods  (Read 6584 times)

rewriter

• View Profile
Hey guys, I found this site linked as the grail for FF7 modding and the likes. From the look of things, this seems to be the case.

Could someone confirm that the surface install directory is as follows:
data (folder)
plugins (folder)
shaders (folder)
AF3DN.P
APP
avcodec-52.dll
avcore-0.dll
avformat-52.dll
avutil50.dll
FF7
ff7_en
ff7_en.exe.manifest
FF7_Launcher
gameservices.dll
lang
libeay32.dll
libmpg123-0.dll
libogg.dll
libss132.dll
libvgmstream.dll
libvorbis.dll
libvorbisfile.dll
logo-paul
paul.dll
phonon4.dll
QtCore4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtNetwork4
QtWebkit4.dll
QtXml4.dll
QtXmlPatterns4.dll
Quazip.dll
rld.dll
ssleay32.dll
strings.dat
unicows.dll
uninstal
version.dat
I was just typing these out as I saw in my directory so I may have missed a few or mistyped (and I only bothered with the English files)

After seeing that not much progress had been made on modding the re-release I of course jumped into Kranmer's conversion and it didn't work for me, but I'll have to have a more careful go at it sometime when I'm not doing school stuff.

Thanks for any help and hopefully I'll be able to do the conversion in the near future and get some of these awesome looking mods running

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
I know you said it didn't work for you but after using the new to old patch all material will work with no side effects (except for losing the trainer and some other useless bullshit).

Kompass63

• View Profile
Hi rewriter,

You can also try my FF7_GameConverter, also contains a 'new to old patch'.

rewriter

• View Profile
I saw your converter earlier and just tried it now. I'm pretty PC savvy, but my only experience with applying mods and stuff is really in Oblivion and Skyrim, two games that are intended to be modded. I get the feeling that FF7 was never meant to be modded  ;D

Well, I made a big mess of files and stuff, just screwing around trying to get something to happen. I'll have to go through the process and post the pictures of my steps or something whenever I get a good block of time to go through all that stuff.

I have my fingers crossed that I can get this all working on my overqualified desktop, the irony of which is not lost on me. It'd be really awesome to play pretty much my favorite game ever with some visual and interface updates.

EDIT: Also, I've been torrenting the Bootleg Mods and it's so slowwww. From my understanding of what I've read on here: once I successfully convert the re-release to the old version, all the normally tedious work is done pretty effortlessly by Bootlegger???
« Last Edit: 2013-04-02 09:39:00 by rewriter »

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
Where are you getting the Bootleg content from? There's a torrent over on the Tifa's Bootleg thread, should be quicker that way.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-03 23:42:44 by mystery_editor »

rewriter

• View Profile
Haha, that's where I got it...AND it's so slow!
Making better progress than when it said it would take 5 weeks to download

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
My seedbox is running just fine, slowness appears to be on your end. Persevere, and it will be done eventually :P

rewriter

• View Profile
Luckily I'm writing an ungodly amount of history papers so I'll just have to take a hit for download speeds while I also get sources

rewriter

• View Profile
98.6% done and my PC has been torrenting for like the last 15 hours xD ALMOST
I'm guessing I should use EQ2Alyza's tutorial to get everything squared away when this is done?