Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam]SeeDReborn v4.1 Multi-Language [NEW! More Options!] (5/22/19)  (Read 557900 times)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
I hope a French version of this new version ^^

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Mcindus - that looks super nice :)

Thanks! I finally finished it and am going to release the English version of 4.1 today!

Added some nice touches since these screen shots, edited some saturation levels, and fixed some glitches -- so we'll see how it goes!

Yuey

• View Profile
I saw someone preview it a bit on twitch yesterday and it looked absolutely stunning! Looking forward to trying it out myself.

Thanks for all the hard work as usual!

tracido

• View Profile
Thanks! I finally finished it and am going to release the English version of 4.1 today!

Added some nice touches since these screen shots, edited some saturation levels, and fixed some glitches -- so we'll see how it goes!

This all looks amazing, looking forward to the update link.  Literally, have been waiting to add this mod until it's updated. lol

proJ3CHT

• View Profile
Glad you finally finished it. Been holding off on starting FFVIII until this update was released!

Manakaiser

• View Profile
wow the new screens look sick

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Ok check the OP!! --Let's see if we can find some bugs!!!

SeeDReborn v4.0a RELEASED!

Yuey

• View Profile
Just went on for a quick test and it looks even better in-game. :P

One small thing that I noticed was that the icons on page 3 of the Icon Explanation section under Tutorials isn't updated to the newer ones to match the mod. All the other pages are fine.

I'll do a more extensive play session this weekend and see if anything else pops up.

Sebanisu

• View Profile
OpenVIII has a debug screen for the icon textures. Might be useful to check for bleed over. I did add support for reading the modded icons and fonts from the textures folder. Seems to work well. It uses the upscaled coordinates from the .sp1 file.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Just went on for a quick test and it looks even better in-game. :P

One small thing that I noticed was that the icons on page 3 of the Icon Explanation section under Tutorials isn't updated to the newer ones to match the mod. All the other pages are fine.

I'll do a more extensive play session this weekend and see if anything else pops up.

Thanks for the info!  Yeah, that's a part of the game that's created from a different paged image source.  I totally forgot about those certain bits, and need to re-create them.  I should do that for v4.1 -- i'm going to release cutouts and alternate avatars, and do some edits for the weapons in the weapons monthly.  It will probably only take me a week - and by then we'll have all of the bugs worked out.  I'm also going to do a raffle on twitch for people to put their dogs in pet pals lol - but that will be for v4.2 most likely.

OpenVIII has a debug screen for the icon textures. Might be useful to check for bleed over. I did add support for reading the modded icons and fonts from the textures folder. Seems to work well. It uses the upscaled coordinates from the .sp1 file.
Wow, that's awesome!  Is there any chance you would be able to help me map out coordinates for which animations happen when?  Right now, the mod has about 20%-40% redundant information due to me not knowing exactly what the game is pulling from what palette at which point.  Animations are a key example, but aren't often used in this particular mod -- just alternate palette swaps. I've atlased and consolidated much of the textures into several 'masters' but am unsure of which ones I -have- to use, due to not knowing every text variable in the game.  Also, the Tonberry mod was written to explicitly read from these folders a certain way, and am unsure if it's the same way the game draws the text itself.  I will have to check it out, but I'm a bit intimidated as I'm not a coder at all.

Also:
Has anyone out there tested any of the 'alternate textures' I've provided? They are pretty much just title screens for the available difficulty mods out there, as well as a color palette change to the background of the in-menu tutorials.  If people find them easy to use, i'll add more to the next release!

Roz

• View Profile
Really awesome work! I'm gearing up to try a new FF8 playthrough for the first time in a decade or so, and I'm looking forward to trying out the full Lunatic Pandora mod suite. Is this 4.0 included in that set yet, or, if not, is it simple enough to install this one overtop the older SeeD Reborn mod it includes?

Also -- and I hope no offense is taken!! none intended -- I love all the high visual quality the many FF8 mods offer, but I admit to preferring the font a touch closer to the original style from the earlier version. I found earlier posts about just copying over certain folders from the 3.2 version to replace the fonts without replacing other stuff: is that still a viable option?

Thanks so much!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Really awesome work! I'm gearing up to try a new FF8 playthrough for the first time in a decade or so, and I'm looking forward to trying out the full Lunatic Pandora mod suite. Is this 4.0 included in that set yet, or, if not, is it simple enough to install this one overtop the older SeeD Reborn mod it includes?

Also -- and I hope no offense is taken!! none intended -- I love all the high visual quality the many FF8 mods offer, but I admit to preferring the font a touch closer to the original style from the earlier version. I found earlier posts about just copying over certain folders from the 3.2 version to replace the fonts without replacing other stuff: is that still a viable option?

Thanks so much!

You can easily install this 'on-top' of Lunatic Pandora!  Just install LP first, and then follow the directions in this mod folder to copy over the files and merge/copy/replace! This should just be a matter of moving /textures and /tonberry into the parent FINAL FANTASY VIII/ folder.

No offense taken!  Different people like different fonts. I'm not a huge fan of the 3.5 font, even though it upscales really well, and the 3.2 is a clean copy of the PC version, but there are also two other fonts available from Yagami Light which are inspired by the PSX version of the game, which I highly recommend if you aren't a huge fan of these three options.   Just search for PSX font for ff8 on these forumes and you'll find them.  You can just copy the 'sy' folder into the FINAL FANTASY VIII/textures/ folder and copy/replace with whatever font you want! Enjoy

Roz

• View Profile
Awesome, thanks so much! Looking forward to enjoying all the mods in play.

Perfect Zell

• View Profile
I really like the new FFX inspired font. The only major downside to the new version is that the junction icons are more ambiguous than the original text version. It is hard to decipher which is which stat, without having memorized the order beforehand.

Yuey

• View Profile
Also:
Has anyone out there tested any of the 'alternate textures' I've provided? They are pretty much just title screens for the available difficulty mods out there, as well as a color palette change to the background of the in-menu tutorials.  If people find them easy to use, i'll add more to the next release!

I personally enjoy having the additional options for the title screens and backgrounds. You don't really see them often but they're a nice treat when you do.

Just a heads up though, the current directory structure for the alternative tutorial backgrounds are all missing a subfolder, so the swap won't work for those who are directly merging the folders.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I really like the new FFX inspired font.
The only major downside to the new version is that the junction icons are more ambiguous than the original text version. It is hard to decipher which is which stat, without having memorized the order beforehand.

Thanks! On that note:
Heart = Hp
Bicep = Strength
Shield = Vitality
Hand/sparkles = magic
Wing = spirit
Running = speed
Squiggly arrow = evade
Explosion = hit
Clover = luck

I personally enjoy having the additional options for the title screens and backgrounds. You don't really see them often but they're a nice treat when you do.

Just a heads up though, the current directory structure for the alternative tutorial backgrounds are all missing a subfolder, so the swap won't work for those who are directly merging the folders.

Thanks! That's a major bug I need to fix! Let me know if you find anything else!

Sebanisu

• View Profile
Wow, that's awesome!  Is there any chance you would be able to help me map out coordinates for which animations happen when?  Right now, the mod has about 20%-40% redundant information due to me not knowing exactly what the game is pulling from what palette at which point.  Animations are a key example, but aren't often used in this particular mod -- just alternate palette swaps. I've atlased and consolidated much of the textures into several 'masters' but am unsure of which ones I -have- to use, due to not knowing every text variable in the game.  Also, the Tonberry mod was written to explicitly read from these folders a certain way, and am unsure if it's the same way the game draws the text itself.  I will have to check it out, but I'm a bit intimidated as I'm not a coder at all.

I'm still learning how things are working myself. If you could point me to examples of which animations you are referring to in game. I could take a look. I haven't actually sat down and played the game in a while. I'm figuring out which pallet to use as I need to draw something. I could export the info we have to a csv or xml file. But, we'll know more in the future.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-28 01:06:27 by Sebanisu »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Sorry about the download link everyone - I've fixed it and everything should work now.

M4k0

• View Profile
I don't know if you guys have talked and fixed already this. In that case, sorry :P. Just wanted to help.

I'm using 3.2 spanish version.
Squall's thought windows look dark grey, and they should be transparent.

Here is an example:

I fixed it by editing 'iconflmaster_14.png' file, located in '\FINAL FANTASY VIII\textures\ic\iconflmaster'.
What I did was just make the background part 50% transparent by using Photoshop. (Marked in red)

Here you have the final result:

As you can see, it works, and the regular text windows look still perfectly. Look at the next screenshot to check it.

On other hand, I'm having another little issue with the spanish version. I'm showing you two more screenshots from EN and SP game respectively.
ENGLISH SCREENSHOT (Loading screen working properly)

SPANISH SCREENSHOT (With lines and no "info" title)
« Last Edit: 2019-05-01 21:19:15 by M4k0 »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
it would be possible to have version 3.5 for french version etc before the release of version 4.0? or it will be following immediately 4.0 ? ^^
« Last Edit: 2019-05-08 00:58:19 by ff7maniac »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Working on the language versions of v4.0
Sneak Peek:
GERMAN and ITALIAN -- [FRIENDS IN ITALY!!! Do you want anything else translated on this page???]

SPANISH and FRENCH -- Can it be real?

I'll be done with the pack before the end of the day Wednesday. :)  All languages.

Here's some alternates... what do you think?  I like the Italian version quite a bit now.

« Last Edit: 2019-05-16 18:52:02 by Mcindus »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
thank you Mcindus ^^ there will be only the triple triad mod in French and everything will be perfect for me ^^ :P

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Some Gradient Tests:

ZL325

• View Profile

Idubaren

• View Profile
Ok I was looking into this out of curiosity and those last screenshots of the colored menu just made me make a hole in my desktop HOLLY DAMN THAT LOOKS AMAZING! I which it was possible to have a slider so we could do more customization without having to edit it with external programs like photoshop

just Woah!