Author Topic: Sorry Again  (Read 12654 times)

Another Chance 2

Sorry Again
« on: 2011-09-05 20:23:44 »
I feel like I'm being ignored, how many times must I register? I don't want to be banned anymore, everyone makes mistakes right? How many times must I say sorry??  :cry:

oh and in response to Vgr, sorry about not being able to edit my post, when I came back to my PC the account was already banned  :|

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry Again
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-05 20:47:36 »
The only advice I can give you is to try and lay low for a while.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-09-05 20:52:14 »
You are well aware that what you did before was against the rules before you posted it. Obesebear gave you a just punishment. Feel free to petition your case to him. As it stands right now your ban is not permanent, but if you continue to make duplicate accounts it will be. I am going to leave this account active for now so you can discuss this with obesebear, after which he will remove this account as well. Using this acount for anything other then contacting obesebear will result in its removal and a permanent ban.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-09-06 16:24:02 »
Well let's take a vote on it.  I am clearly biased since you not only broke the rules here, but simultaneously broke the rules of my forum.  So my vote is a permanent ban for intentionally breaking the rules.  But let's try and give you a fair shake.

Who here thinks it is forgivable to release the hard work others have done when those others have explicitly said their work is non-distributable under any circumstances?

Who here thinks it is forgivable for someone to knowingly release that work on another site (qhimm.com) which has made it abundantly clear that that type of work is illegal and not allowed?

Now, for those of you still saying it's forgivable.  Is it still forgivable for an individual to steal others work, release it to the public completely against the authors' consent, release it in a place it is deemed illegal, AND do all of this under an alternate account so you can try to pretend it wasn't really you who did these things.  Oh, and then try to change your email to a disposable email to try and further hide who you really are.

It seems quite obvious to me you knew full well what you were doing.  Showing complete disrespect not only of the rules here (and my site) but also trying to fool the qhimm.com staff so you could get away with it.

My vote is a permanent ban no questions asked.  But if enough people think your actions are forgivable, then so be it.   I will be counting up the posts at the end of the week.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-06 16:25:45 by Obesebear »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 2011-09-06 16:54:48 »
Stupidity does not make you ineligible for capital punishment

on a related note, who the heck is this guy? I can conclude what he did from this topic but was he actually a member here under another nick?
« Last Edit: 2011-09-06 16:56:32 by KuugenTheFox »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-09-06 17:12:22 »
I dunno this is a tough one but I think 6 month ban would suffice.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-09-06 18:28:02 »
He was a member here under another name.

As for my opinion he should receive no less punishment then Darkfang. If I remember correctly he was banned for 1 year before being allowed to return. Ultimately it was Obesebear that gave the ban and it was also content stole from his forum so he has the final decision.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2011-09-06 18:51:15 »
As a general rule, people who break the rules do not learn from their errors. ever. Despite what society makes you think, they will always try to do it again just be a LOT more cautious in not getting caught.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-09-06 19:05:05 »
Do it once, shame on you, do it twice, GTFO and don't come back.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-09-06 21:55:44 »
People can learn from their mistakes, and we can let them a chance, but if it happens more than once, even twice, then no. Enough. Is. Enough.

I vote for a 18-months ban.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-09-06 23:24:08 »
He was a member here under another name.

As for my opinion he should receive no less punishment then Darkfang. If I remember correctly he was banned for 1 year before being allowed to return. Ultimately it was Obesebear that gave the ban and it was also content stole from his forum so he has the final decision.

A year? Jeez, didn't think it was that long. Mine was a perm at first and it would've stayed if I didn't talk to that one guy (I forget who it was).

Given the information in the thread, it seems like you posted something that wasn't allowed more than once on a different account and then tried to cover it up, which obviously failed. The first rule you broke was having more than one account. The next would be posting illegal things and things (clearly stated by the author) that shouldn't be released to the public. You also knew about all of these rules, why else would you do it on an alternative account? And then after being told not to post anywhere else but here, you disregard that instruction and do so anyways.

I'd say 12 months, minimum.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-06 23:26:19 by DarkFang »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-09-06 23:49:27 »
You talked to me.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #12 on: 2011-09-07 00:12:32 »
Given the rules he broke of not just one but two sites, the duplicate accounts, and disregarding the warning that he was not to post elsewhere with this account.... I would say a full ban would fit the bill. No time period, just a total ban.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: 2011-09-07 04:23:23 »
Wait, we actually have a rule against multiple accounts?
I mean, why would you even NEED or WANT multiple accounts here. Qhimm isn't exactly moving at 4chan speeds.

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-09-07 07:30:26 »
Im gonna hijack this topic for one question because it seem like the right spot to do it:

Currently im DLing bootleg and all the mod files.... dam my third world internet speeds. I have a friend who is an avid FF fan he's played all FF's with near perfect saves on all the greats like 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.2 and is currently working on 12. Im gonna show him my modded version of FFVII when im done and I think he will really like it. My question is this:

After I have directed him to this site, to save him time having to DL all the files is it ok to chuck it all on a couple of discs and give it to him that way? Is this classed as "distribution"?

regards

vaccine.exe

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-09-07 10:49:32 »
I think this would be seen as being ok as all the files you will be giving him are allowed here. What this member did was take others work from another site and distributed it here. Which was against the rules at the other site and the models are not allowed here either because they are from other games.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-09-07 15:33:55 »
You might want to wait for Bootleg 0033.
There are a couple bugs in 0032 that can prevent it from installing on some systems.

msifreakster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-09-07 20:23:03 »
I think Obesebear spelled it out pretty well. There was wrong doing and an attempt to cover it up. I would have been a little forgiving if their wasn't an attempt to cover.  I feel a minimum 12 month ban would be acceptable if not a perm ban. I don't see any room for compromise with the evidence we have been given.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-09-12 01:13:14 »
Well a year it is.  But since you're already back with a new username and disposable email, I guess it doesn't really matter does it?  You're just so sneaky.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-09-12 01:40:00 »
Well so much for giving you a fair chance. Since you decided to make another account anyways I am adding another year to your ban. I am also putting new accounts on administrator approval until further notice.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: 2011-09-12 05:44:03 »
This thread is extremely amusing
It's funny how some people think just changing your IP and email is gonna hide who you are

RecycleYourself

« Reply #21 on: 2011-09-13 20:25:53 »
1 question, how is this guy keep making account? And how do you know accounts are him?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011-09-14 00:59:21 »
1 question, how is this guy keep making account? And how do you know accounts are him?
Because you make it so obvious.  Goodbye again.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-09-14 01:01:50 »
Man you serious??? I will never forgive you that's for sure.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-09-14 01:05:05 »
Pretty sure that's another year. What was his original name anyways?