Author Topic: Any Android players play FF7/FF8 on their phones? (And how do you mod it)  (Read 55084 times)

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
Just found a playstation emulator for android and was hella excited. I took my playstation bios and old playstation discs and put them in my phone and now I'm playing FF7 whenever I'm waiting at the bus stop.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Before you put in the psx games into your phone patch it with mods from here especially for psx like the mod by lost_wing gameplay mod or edit saves editing characters with black chocobo etc, works perfectly on psp
« Last Edit: 2012-01-01 17:46:42 by e1sunz »

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
wow new found respect for android. Wish I could play ff7 on my Ipad without resorting to a virtual desktop connection.

msifreakster

• View Profile
Which emulator are you using? I have SNES9X and it works great but I have wanted to play PSX as well.

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
Which emulator are you using? I have SNES9X and it works great but I have wanted to play PSX as well.

I'm using FPse. I think it costs a couple dollars but it's better than buying a PSP

msifreakster

• View Profile
I have had a smart phone for 3-4 years now and I have yet to pay for an app. SNES9X is free, and it supports bluetooth controllers, specifically the wiimote. I'm sure if I looked hard enough that I could find a free psx emulator too. I will keep that one in mind though as I look around.

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
I'm playing FF tactics in my Xperia X8 with FPse, it's trully the only thing that runs at it because it isn't multitouch... only android 2.2 and higher, I guess, are multitouch and well you can't do much if you can only press one button at time so be sure to have a multitouch smartphone. It lags a bit  but it's playable, don't know about FF7 tough... I guess it needs a better system or software...

NetHead

• View Profile
I played my most recent playthrough on my Android phone and was even able to use the same memory card files on the PC as well (through a PC PSX emulator).

It's excellent because I was able to play through the game 15 minutes at a time whenever I had some free time here and there during the day. FPse is currently $4.24. I can spend more than that during a trip to McDonalds. So for me, it was worth it.

That being said, it needs a really powerful and up-to-date phone to be able to run PSX games at realtime. And even then, the frame-limiting isn't perfect. You'll notice accuracy issues with quickly-repeating notes on the music, for example--they're just not as smooth as on the real PSX. On a playability scale from 1-10, it's an 8. Very playable with only a few minor issues.

(I've noticed the timing issues on ePSXe as well when using GPU plugins other than software renderers, so I can't really fault FPse)

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
ahahaa how much I agree with that couldn't be measured in free pizzas. and I'm a student.

atm, I don't have an android phone, so no phone gaming for me. the only ff games I can play on mine are the gb ones, and I'm not that much of a fan of the saga series.
$4.24? I will be telling my friends about that one XD their faces lit up when I spread the word about gba emulators (although I can't think why they didn't think of it themselves...) so I imagine they'll be pleased with this :D

syntax error

• View Profile
I had FPSECE on Windows Mobile 6.x even on a phone without 3D core.
Both WM phones broke, I suppose bad flex cables.

zenamistress

• View Profile
And what about FF8? Does some1 have ideas?  :-o
I was thinkin about installing a psx emu and emulate the FF8 psx version
« Last Edit: 2012-01-29 14:18:58 by zenamistress »

londonsdad0525

• View Profile
Sorry for the necrosis post but wanted to firmly answer these questions yes ff7+8+9 all play smoothly on epsxe on android I have a Samsung captivate rooted and rimmed and I play both regularly root was almost required for my phone for the CPU control but on most newer phones would not be even necessary

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
I'm using FPse. I think it costs a couple dollars but it's better than buying a PSP

Dude for god sakes, use RetroArch.  Not only is it the best performing but it has the coolest features and its well kept up; AND its fucking free because the devs are some of the coolest people I have ever met.  Seriously man try it!

Sorry for the advertisement but this is kinda personal issue (really bothered by assholes stealing peoples hardwork and posting up shitty apps)
« Last Edit: 2013-10-03 06:02:18 by yarLson »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
That was posted last year lol.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
still relevant.  If anything even more relevant.  probably shoulda paid more attention, but I am knee deep in this whole thing right now.

Fischjy

• View Profile
Try the emulaton called ClassicBoy, usually works pretty good. And you can use gameshark with it.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
Oh, you digged up a four years old topic.
ePSXe for droid has built-in cheat support supporting gameshark codes.

If you already digged the topic- I remember playing VIII on android in school extensively. Teacher caught me playing this on lesson and took my mobile. I was in esthar back then. :(

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Oh, you digged up a four years old topic.
ePSXe for droid has built-in cheat support supporting gameshark codes.

If you already digged the topic- I remember playing VIII on android in school extensively. Teacher caught me playing this on lesson and took my mobile. I was in esthar back then. :(

Also if install an app called [removed] ypu can get any app ever for free including all emulators. There are fakes so be sure to read comments. Also to install [removed] you have to download through a browser not the appstore

Mod edit: Nope. "Any app ever for free"? That's piracy, it's illegal, and it's not allowed on these forums. Please familiarize yourself with our rules before posting again. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2016-01-21 20:26:49 by Covarr »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Piracy and an unnecessary two-year bump? I think this topic can be closed.