Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 569252 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #50 on: 2006-03-06 14:17:29 »
Hello ff7 fans !!!
I'm new here and scuse my english i'm from Québec so it may not be perfect lol... So I will soon start my formation in 3d annimation and of couse it's my passion so I've already started lol.  Since ff7 is one of my favourite game I don't see a better project to start whit héhé.  So if you need someone I'm your men !!!

I've started yesterday to make the new field models to fit the environemnet.  I finised cloud and started tifa and will soon send you some pictures of my work ;).

well I have a site with illimited space so I can host your files and make a link in this form if you want

So that's it I'll be back soon to see your response
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 01:54:30 by stormmedia »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006-03-07 06:53:49 »
If you are interested, Salk, I'll tell you I've done 6 more models since the last  patch. Ice_cold513 has done some more also, but I don't remember how many. We will probably release a new version of the patch soon.
strommedia, if you want to help, you are welcome, of course. It's allways good to see people willing to work in this project. By the way, do you mean that you are correcting the animations to solve the clipping problems? That would be certainly good.
Well, see ya.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006-03-07 09:41:21 »
Well just to let you guys know i have done 5 models

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006-03-07 10:56:48 »
so does that mean were going to get an update soon

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006-03-07 17:01:23 »
Well in fact borde what I do is modify the bones first and then make the .p files to fit with it because modify the animations files would be usless because all the annimations do is to tell the bones what to do and then the part of the models will obey to the bones.

So I have now done Cloud Tifa Cid and Yufi and I'm starting Barret

As soon as I have my ftp server to work I will upload some pics of what I've done

well see you all soon

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006-03-07 18:27:27 »
Mmmmm... stormmedia, are you testing those models with the running animations and so? I say it because unless I haven't correctly understood what you are doing, you are changing the center of the P files and thus the bones will be misplaced when they are rotated.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006-03-07 20:54:08 »
Don't worrie Borde I know what I'm doing lol.... I would not tell you that I have finished 4 models if it wasn't tested with the annimation and with the game field itself.  But I didn't have any problems with the annimation to correct yet... exept for Yufi but the problem was there at the begining so it was not me who done this ... but I corrected it now it is good .... of course I haven't test it with all annimation since there too many lol but I took some randomly and it works fine.

Well I will explain how the models work for the annimation for many games ... and probably with ff7 too.  frist of all ... you have the bones and then the skin.. well I guess you know it lol but still... so the annimation files tell the bones how to react and the program call the annimation files when the need it.  the bones are connected to the skins parte so it moves at the same time.  the annimation files calls the bones with there names and not with there position in the space.  

So what I do is modify the size of the bones and then I modify the .p to fit to the new space.  So the bones will do what they have to do whatever the size will be.  

I know this may not be very clear lol.... sorry about that I from quebec sooo.... well I think it's understandable lol...

Hey good news !!! I have get my ftp server to work so expect pics soon lol I know this is not the first time a say this but still lol

see you soon!

Draken

« Reply #57 on: 2006-03-07 20:54:27 »
What I have seen of your patch looks really good, if there is a possible I would like to test the patch too =)
If there is a active hosting of the patch I would appreciate if you could share it with me. Other than that, great work!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006-03-07 21:38:10 »
Here as promise some pics of my work.  of course I took the pics ingame since what I do is trying to make the npc project models fit to the background .. so if I want to show my work it hase to be in the field lol... well here two 3 in 1 pic ... the first I took a pic of cloud at the reactor 1 with the original char.lpg file ... one with the npc progect models .. and finaly a pic with my modification.  well the 2nd pic is the same thing in cosmo area .... of course since I have to small them down to make them fit my models look smaller than NPC project's ones but it is approximatively the same size of the originals model so all the background and annimation shoud fit with it... anyway check this

http://free.hostultra.com/~stormmedia/npc-project/reactor1.JPG

and that

http://free.hostultra.com/~stormmedia/npc-project/cosmo.JPG

and then please give me your feedback

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006-03-08 07:43:59 »
Hey stormmedia, the links are dead. By the way, I think I now unnderstand you correctly. You are shrinking the models, right? Ok, yes, that works. But if you are simply shrinking the models, you could use HRC resizer (It's somewhere in the Programming Feedback section). It's easier and faster than doing it manually.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006-03-08 14:43:54 »
thanks for the advice borde I'll look for it it could makes the start easyer.  But for many models I try to fix the legs that are too long for the rest of the body and the foot especialy lol... and another problem is that for some models there are some part size to respect or else it makes the game to crash .... I didn't found the probleme yet so in kinda do it one by one and test it with the annimation tester ... in fact the harder to resize is Red 13 ... many part must remind the same size or else it will crash .... anyway I shoud finish him soon lol.... barret had a probleme with his left arme too but I've finaly found a way to fix it.

and for the link... I don't know... it work fine for me... mayby my ftp server is un lier and it's not an internationnal server lol ... I'll look into it... sorry about that

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006-03-08 15:35:52 »
hum.... borde I tried the HRC resizer but as expected it makes crash red 13 lol ... I will try it with other models I hope this will work 'cause this will sure be helpful for some models

and.... the exemple you give with your programe is a little buggy I think lol when I check it with Biturn all the part are at the same point lol

anyway I'll try this thanks for the advice once again.  The worse that could happen is that I will be force to continue as I've started... anyway that's not too bad.

well see you

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006-03-08 18:34:15 »
hey borde do you know a way to convert .3ds to .p files ... biturn convert .p to 3ds but not 3ds to .p ... I have just 1 problem to resolve with red 13 and I need  3ds msx to resolve it ... well i'm not sure it will work but it worth the try

... damn red 13 is really buggy  ... as soon as I modify the size it freeze with the annimation tester lol ... not all the parts I have problemes but I have to do it part by part to identify the parts that are not correct

well 2 parts and I will be over with him lol but like I said I would need to convert 3ds to .p

tanks in advence

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006-03-08 20:17:12 »
well, currently there is no way to convert a 3ds file to a P fie automatically. I think you can list the vertices one by one using Ultima, but that's slow and boring. What do you need to do exactly?
About the way models look at Biturn after using HRC resizer, of course they will look the same (unless you used SD-style resize). You can only notice the size diference in-game.
By the way, does the game crash if you change the length of Red13's bones? That's odd. I haven't run into such a problem with the models I've done. Keep in mind that even if the animation crashes Biturn It doesn't necesarily mean it will crash the game.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006-03-08 20:46:44 »
No I have no problemes with the bones, it's the .p files .. somes skin files get damages as soon as I modify them ... but I may have found a way to fix this ...

oh and by the way try this link:

http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/npc_project/screen.html

tell me if that's work
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:25:33 by stormmedia »

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006-03-08 21:38:20 »
Quote from: stormmedia
No I have no problemes with the bones, it's the .p files .. somes skin files get damages as soon as I modify them ... but I may have found a way to fix this ...

oh and by the way try this link:

http://free.hostultra.com/~stormmedia/npc-project/screen.html

tell me if that's work
thats sweet :) keep it up because I would love to play the game with the char patched like that :D

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006-03-08 22:08:57 »
so steven I guess that mean my link works lol

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #67 on: 2006-03-09 11:46:45 »
Excellent work... fantastic!!! That is exactly what I was on about a few posts earlier. It looks like this thread is getting interesting, if we had all the characters done like that, the game would look amazing. The only thing left to do would be to fix the blocky backgrounds (but ive heard that would be extreamly difficult).

Im really impressed, it just makes the patch look alot more professional. Well done stormmedia.

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
« Reply #68 on: 2006-03-09 12:56:48 »
Quote from: spyrojyros_tail
The only thing left to do would be to fix the blocky backgrounds (but ive heard that would be extreamly difficult).

Kinda funny... I just had an idea 'bout this problem, posted in the High-Res-Thread oO
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?p=69731#69731

BTW: The NPC-RCP is fucking great >.<"

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006-03-09 14:50:17 »
well for the background the probleme is that squaresoft used low quality image to make there background... so the 2 only way to fix this would be to add some blur ... but I'm not sure the result will be pretty good ... the other that would be the best and also the longuer would be to recreate the contrast manually .... well I don't know all the filtrer that exist... well one day I may look for it just to know if there is something to do and if I find something I'll let you know

for my work on resize the models I've almost done all the mains characters .... I'm working on vincent  right now

well that will be all for now

see you all

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006-03-09 16:26:33 »
hum ... question .. is there a way to open the backgrounds with photoshop or whatever program ?  I could look if there is a way to get the pictrure less blocky... because just stretch them like you said in your other post wont do anything... all it will do is make the picture bigger and then the game will stretch it to make it fit to the video mod ... so at the end it will remain the same..... or maybe the game wont strech them and then your background will be too big for the screen .... I think the only way to fix the blocky background will be to blur them and then try to adjust the contrast to compensate for the lake of pressision due to the blur .... but as I said I would need to open them with a program like photoshop to try it

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006-03-09 18:34:54 »
You can use cosmo to export the backgrounds to BMP, but you won't be able to reinsert them back.
The Saint tried to enable filtering in the backgrounds once, but it produced undesidered artifacs (probably releated with transparency palletes) so he finally gave up.
The problem of the background isn't easy to solve. I had an idea once, but it would imply to add a new model to the level files. That implies changing the script and it hasn't been decoded yet so... it's no use.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006-03-09 20:13:05 »
okey .. tanks borde ..

well I've add a pics with all the model I've done for now to my page
I have all the playble character done... exept aeris who will probably be the next

http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/npc_project/screen.html

hey Borde I would need a newer version of the npc project because I think you've done some more since I've downloaded it .... where is the newer release that you have done ... I have shearch for it but many link are broken so.. I don't know the last advalible

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:25:57 by stormmedia »

celestria

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006-03-09 21:33:41 »
u guys need a FTP or something to host that file cause NONE of them work correctly

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006-03-09 21:42:48 »
I could host the files as soon as I have the newer version of the patch lol