Author Topic: More Final Fantasy VII?  (Read 25036 times)

Kislinskiy

CloudSquall

• View Profile
Re: More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-21 16:54:27 »
Quote from: Kislinskiy
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/531/531950p1.html

yes indeed we hope to hear more from them.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-22 00:54:11 »
There have been so many rumors flying around on some kind of VII-2 or whatever, I tend to just ingore them now. I'll believe it when I get the box in my hands lol

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-22 03:03:07 »
damn sqeenix is squeezing every drop out of ffvii hahahh

Messiah99

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-22 09:40:45 »
Hmm, not sure if thats somethin to be thrilled about or dismayed. On one hand, FFVII=awesomeness incarnate, but on the other hand, Squeenix=Satan :evil:

I'll just hope that its good, if its a disgrace then I'll just have too......... ok so I probably wouldnt do anything but come here and bitch. But thats reason enough to keep my fingers crossed! :D

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-23 04:20:40 »
Damn, it turned out to be right...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/22/news_6103234.html

Poor utters must be hurting from Squeenix milking FF7 dry...

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-23 08:57:36 »
nono, Sony = satan, sqeenix is like his man-slave ro something

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-23 12:23:45 »
Well, its not really Sony, its Squeenix. A movie, a mobile online phone game in Japan, some kind of video camera in Japan also (which is a new one to me), and now some game. Its all realy their doing, not Sony's.

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-23 14:18:36 »
I just don't understand this, since the game *Came out* there has been a cluster of people plractically standing infront of Square's HQ, chanting "We Want More FF7!! We Want More FF7!!" Finally, they've decided, okay, you want more FF7, we'll give it to you! And are releasing what look to me, at least, to be a bunch of *Very high quality* titles and products. (Hell, FF7-related or not, that's a wicked awesome mobile phone! I just hope they find some motorcycle company to make a Squeenix-liscensed Hardy Daytona!) But my point is this: People have been asking for more FF7 for years and years... and now we get it, and it turns into a "Let's flame Squeenix!" Event. All that this tells me is that, in the eyes of their fans, Squeenix can do no *right*. It bothers me that there are people comparing Square-Enix to *SATAN* because they are finally *Listening to their fans* and *giving them what they are asking for* The movie and cell games are probably there, more than anything, to rekindle interest in VII with those who lost it, the truely masterful piece will be the PS2 game, presumably staring, or at least featuring, Vincent. The PHS, well, that's just a movie tie-in, but it's still a very sleek phone design... Either way, I support Squeenix, especially in the Final Fantasy VII Compilation.

-Contra-

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #9 on: 2004-07-23 15:28:46 »
It looks to me that they just plan on making spin-off's of FF7. Not to really, create sequels. For all we know, it could turn into another flagship genre, of Square.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #10 on: 2004-07-23 16:51:18 »
I want that phone so badly!!!!! *hopes it comes out in UK*

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #11 on: 2004-07-23 18:46:58 »
*hopes it comes out in UK*

Its probally more likely to come to the U.S. before it goes to the U.K., and the U.S. chances are always slim to none.

I too support what Square Enix is doing, but it just seems like they're not doing it properally, they're just taking the FF7 name and faces and putting them on Mobile Games and Phones. I do like the direction in which the movie is going, and I dont see why some people are so angry about a movie being made. And honestly, I really dont like the idea of a spin-off. I dont know, something about it makes me not like the idea. All I want, at the least, is a FF7 with updated graphics, NOTHING more. I really dont care for mobile phones or mobile games, just a graphics update. I really dont like the idea of a game sequel, because theres nothing really more to tell. Sephiroth died, the lifestream stopped the comet, ShinRa is pretty much done for, and everyone is fine. if anything, I'd like a PREQUEL, not a sequel. I really want to know more about the characters background, especially Vincent, and a little more explination between the Zack (Ch or Ck?) thing.

The only questions really left unanswered in FF7 are questions of the past, not the future. I didnt finish FF7 and say "Hmm, I wonder if Aeris is still dead?"

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #12 on: 2004-07-23 19:23:19 »
Quote from: Lieron
damn sqeenix is squeezing every drop out of ffvii hahahh

FF7 isn't always good to the last drop...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #13 on: 2004-07-23 19:48:46 »
Atleast it has a few good drops though  :P

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #14 on: 2004-07-23 20:25:37 »
Everyone is fine?
What end movie did you see?

And just "where" did all that lifestream come from?

qwerty

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #15 on: 2004-07-23 21:14:37 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru
Atleast it has a few good drops though  :P

Like what? The ending? It should have made it clear that the game should be over...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #16 on: 2004-07-23 21:54:00 »
Everyone is fine?
What end movie did you see?

The one with the lifestream stopping the comet (or thats what it looked like). Cloud and the rest of them made it out of the crater in the Highwind alive, everyone was fine. It kind of ended upbruptly, but everything seemed to be going fine. All the questions or anything they could really build off on would be the backstories, like Vincents, which it seems like they're gonna do.

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #17 on: 2004-07-23 22:49:42 »
That and, while Sephiroth died, Jenova is still alive. At least I never got the impression that every last cell of Jenova was anihilated, which it seems to me is what it would take to kill her. The movie plays on this, sayong her head has been found and is being used. And about Shinra being destroyed, that's not true. It still has at least one metropolis, Junon, and Reeve is still there to head the company. Shinra will become a kinder, gentler Shinra, but it is far from 'Done For', at least in my eyes. I can understand that one may not think this enough to make a whole decent game off of, so they didn't. They made a movie. It works out well. The game could easily be a *prequel*. I mean hell, this board alone has had the idea to make a prequel. Personally, I think Squeenix would take just as much slack from making a strait remake with better graphics as it would from making a sequel, if not more. People would say "Graphics don't matter, give us something -original-." Granted, I'm not one of them, I think it would be awesome, but either way Square will have a large group of people complaining. And if they do nothing, they will keep recieving "plz bring teh aeirs back!!!1" petitons for eternity...

-Contra

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #18 on: 2004-07-23 23:13:51 »
And if they do nothing, they will keep recieving "plz bring teh aeirs back!!!1" petitons for eternity...

Its funny because its true.

Is all that stuff your opinion, or do you know it for a fact (The movie premise)? That doesnt sound too bad. I know Jenova wasnt killed off, but what can she do without Sephiroth? Maybe those 3 guys are his replacements? But then again, what the hell was with that clip of Sephiroth walking through the fire in the trailer exactly like in FF7?

Reeve...he was the one controlling Cait Sith right? I dont know, I cant remember these things anymore, Im really going to have to replay it apparently.

CloudSquall

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #19 on: 2004-07-24 03:08:12 »
I dont know, something about it makes me not like the idea. All I want, at the least, is a FF7 with updated graphics, NOTHING more.

You really do read minds. Thank you, thank you and thank you

I'd like a PREQUEL, not a sequel. I really want to know more about the characters background, especially Vincent, and a little more explination between the Zack (Ch or Ck?) thing.

You are my hero!!!

Thats what I wanted to hear really.

And add more to the past of J-E-N-O-V-A, Shinra and The Ancients.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #20 on: 2004-07-24 03:23:57 »
lol, well unfortunately, I dont hold the power to do so, so dont go praising me like Im some god. I just think the characters have really awesome background stories, except for Cait Sith and the guy that was controlling it. It would be even cooler if they made a prequel game, and you get to control Cloud when he was in ShinRa. I dont know what the plot would be. Him in ShinRa, then him deserting from ShinRa and on the run, and could lead up to the train sequence in the first one.

I dont know, I think it would be a neat idea to control him while he was still in the army, then him deserting, or something. But then again, that doesnt sound too interesting, you'd need something bigger to play into it. And of course you wouldnt be able to use the old characters, that would be a little cheesy. "Oh yeah, we used to be together in an old adventure before we took out Sephiroth!" Kind of like that orphanage thing in 8 (That ones for you Qwerty ^_^).

But yeah, definetly some more Jenova and Ancient stuff too. Just a big prequel that fills in ALL of the questions about the past.

Shango

More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #21 on: 2004-07-24 03:28:03 »
Hopefully all this new VII stuff will be released in Australia.

data_lore

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #22 on: 2004-07-24 14:36:35 »
Hehe, frankly, I've been waiting for a FFVII remake since I finished the game for about the fifth time and finally said, "This is a KICK*** GAME!!!  But you know what would make it even better?  A brand-spanking new GRAPHICS ENGINE!!!"

I've always supported the idea of a FFVII remake, because I think that better graphics would only amplify the experience which is Final Fantasy VII.  I only wish that Sqeenix were doing that so you guys here wouldn't have to so much  :)  .

I dunno, I think a sequel would be beside the point, because of the whole "500 years later" part of the end FMV, when Nanaki (RedXIII's real name) is running with young of his own species and lookibg over a Midgar that has been taken over by forest (making it look like humans didn't make it through Holy's cleansing of the planet).  A prequel WOULD make much more sense.

In the meantime, we can watch a CG movie that looks like it could be a decent movie, at the least.  Also, people can keep releasing patches they've constructed to make the game look better.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #23 on: 2004-07-24 15:16:22 »
Lets just hope its not another Spirits Within bomb. If it flops, we may be looking at Square Enix Sega, or some other type of merger again...

Squeenixega...

Think of the possibilities...

But no, it really does look good, and unlike spirits within, its looks like it has a...what do you call it? Oh yeah, a story.

I still dont know what that damn movie was about... -_-

CloudSquall

• View Profile
More Final Fantasy VII?
« Reply #24 on: 2004-07-24 18:28:32 »
Quote from: data_lore
I dunno, I think a sequel would be beside the point, because of the whole "500 years later" part of the end FMV, when Nanaki (RedXIII's real name) is running with young of his own species and lookibg over a Midgar that has been taken over by forest (making it look like humans didn't make it through Holy's cleansing of the planet).  A prequel WOULD make much more sense.

yes this fmv indeed makes it kinda impossible for a sequel as Nanaki was 8 years old in the language valley of the fallen stars and as humans he is 46 years old.

So in that last fmv showed that he was old really old. That means Cloud exist no more