Author Topic: gjoerulv's hardcore mod guides? FF VII  (Read 91538 times)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
Re: gjoerulv's hardcore mod guides? FF VII
« Reply #175 on: 2014-07-15 11:28:12 »
I'm working on making a 7H version but I've been told by Alyza that getting the 7H Wrapper to read the scene.bin is problematic. At the very least I can get the .lgp files in 7H format to make it easier to swap in custom battle models.

Latest version fixes the problems with scene.bin so it should work for any files now (hopefully...)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2014-07-15 12:30:30 »
Yeah, I saw that on the 7H thread; it'd be a huge step forward. If the scene.bin can be swapped out in-game it means there's no limit to how many enemy formations can be made and used; things like NewGame+ become easier to make and 'merging' battle-based mods becomes possible. Thanks for working on this tool for us.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #177 on: 2014-07-15 15:10:17 »
An actual New Game+ feature would be amazing.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2014-07-20 22:49:08 »
Not sure I understand, but I think it sounds like you've killed the parts (Left + Right Magics) but the core is still invincible? In any case, that Core has gotta go unless you get lucky with damage distribution. Is it a one-party fight? Killing the Left and Right should make the Core vulnerable to damage, letting you disable his Enegy healing. If it's two/three-party then you need to swap teams and kill the parts there too.

Ahhh thanks for the info Sega Chief, I was trying to kill him with just one party and whenever the option of changing to the others I refused  :-P

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2015-01-10 19:41:17 »
I finally decided to tackle the last remaining bosses of this game, which is Jenova, Bizarro and Safer.

Thanks to SegaChief for giving me the tip of knowing that you gotta let Jenova have a certain amount of turns before blasting it since you would rather have only one fight than many IMO.

I got to Safer and besides the Missingscore being heavy loaded, nothing else gave him damage except KOTR, I blasted him with all I could till I missed my last KOTR because he drained me of all MP. After that no physical attacks do anything to him and I could have swore I almost had him, I used Tornado on hi which gave him Recovery....genius.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2015-01-11 17:49:16 »
It is done, I finished Hardcore FF7.

I wanna thank Gjoerulv for creating this new experience to FF7, I enjoyed even more than I did the original, SegaChief for his help in every part when I needed assistance he would guide me through it with his infinite FF7 knowledge and through the mechanical aspects of the game. So did EQ2Alyza for also helping me in times when I needed it, without you guys I never would have made it, what a great experience it was and I will never forget it, thank you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2015-01-11 18:22:48 »
Good work, bud. I always knew you'd make it to the end   8-)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #182 on: 2015-01-12 14:32:09 »
Congratulations! How did you best sapher?

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2015-01-17 02:19:26 »
Congratulations! How did you best sapher?

Truth to be told, I didn't really do any of magic nor summons.

He never killed Barret, who had his heavy Missing Score loaded with high materia and every time I shot him it was 30K or nearby, had him on offense with a mastered Double Cut materia.

Used a few Hero Drinks on him, and had the rest of the party heal whenever he did high damage, I did use Vaccine on everyone before starting to attack.

What I don't get it how this time my physical attack on him never did 1 HP of damage like it did last time, maybe it was that crazy attack that left my party on 1 HP but on this battle he didn't use it, maybe I was lucky.

Seriously I didn't use anything besides Barret's Missing Score, I did the same thing for Bizarro but he too longer than safer :D

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2015-05-29 22:18:12 »
You should do another, harder mod Gjoerulv, I'd definetly play it, I haven't played the NT mod Segachief has done, maybe I will give it a shot soon.