Author Topic: gjoerulv's hardcore mod guides? FF VII  (Read 91520 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: gjoerulv's hardcore mod guides? FF VII
« Reply #25 on: 2013-09-09 01:29:42 »
the fun for me is figuring out how to defeat them and move forward by myself.

That's true; I enjoyed the Hardcore mod for the same reason. Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-09-10 03:09:17 »
That's true; I enjoyed the Hardcore mod for the same reason. Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Thanks! I will watch the video now I'm intrigued how you did it.

Took them out just this instant, after I leveled up a bit and already knew the strategy they do it's not so hard, all I had to do was keep one of the Horsemen alive while I bombarded the Imp with Ice3 and Comet. The biggest blow to the was Bahamut, over 3600 even for the Imp, I knew the battle was mine after that.

Before I fought them I got the new weapons you can get at Icicle Inn, went back to Junon area to get White Wind, Wutai for Magic Hammer and a few others while I was cruising, all I gotta do now is move forward and head to Gaea's Cliff  :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-09-10 11:59:54 »
You got him? That's good to hear. Just remember to buy plenty of stuff like Tranquilisers and Phoenix Downs; as far as I know, the Icicle Inn store doesn't sell certain items and back-tracking all the way from the top of Gaea's Cliff to the Bronco could be painful.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-09-12 05:40:23 »
You got him? That's good to hear. Just remember to buy plenty of stuff like Tranquilisers and Phoenix Downs; as far as I know, the Icicle Inn store doesn't sell certain items and back-tracking all the way from the top of Gaea's Cliff to the Bronco could be painful.

I bought a few, but I should have bought more Phoenix Downs :/

It feels so great when Cid's Hyper Jump freezes my game......I had to go back to the save I had in Bone Village.

It did help me a bit though, since I was fighting the boss for Alexander I saw he does this Envy attack that clears my MP and gives Confu to all, I knew the Ribbon was gonna help, but having 2 men on Confu is too much, had to go to Gonganga to buy a Mystify materia and have the Added Effect + Mystify combo on one character to at least have only one character on Confu when she does it, I'm tempted to go up asap, but I should prolly steal a Circlet or 2 before I go up.

I don't remember exactly where the Added Cut materia is, and the All that's in the middle cave of the snow fields is really not that important.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-09-15 21:36:23 »
Just got to the Golden Dragon, beat me a few times but I saw he's vulnerable to certain attack that will take its toll on him which I plan on capitalizing.

Bad news is I ran out of phoenix downs, though I have been swapping the Revive materia to those who remain alive to get by  :|

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-10-01 17:27:46 »
I think you can grab Phoenix Downs and Tents from the enemies in that area. Might be handy, because I don't know if you can return from the area or not.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-10-02 04:15:40 »
I think you can grab Phoenix Downs and Tents from the enemies in that area. Might be handy, because I don't know if you can return from the area or not.

I gotta level up Tifa a bit, the Jenova kills her with one hit and even though I protect everyone from Fire, some of its attacks are non-elemental or have another type of elemental that I don't know about.

I haven't gamed it in a while because of a bit of frustration, but I don't really want to do the Cover + Defend strategy, feels like cheating.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-10-02 13:57:37 »
I wouldn't call Cover + Defend cheating, you're up against a boss that has 180,000HP and can hit for 3000 damage a time. I'd say that using Overflow is cheap, or manipulating Cait Sith's Slots for Game Over. That being said I'm not sure if a Tank with Cover+Defend would be able to survive three blasts of Red Light, and I don't think Cover works for Red Light anyway (it's a magical attack).

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-10-02 23:59:50 »
I wouldn't call Cover + Defend cheating, you're up against a boss that has 180,000HP and can hit for 3000 damage a time. I'd say that using Overflow is cheap, or manipulating Cait Sith's Slots for Game Over. That being said I'm not sure if a Tank with Cover+Defend would be able to survive three blasts of Red Light, and I don't think Cover works for Red Light anyway (it's a magical attack).

This damn boss is insane, I can't beat him.

I can't protect all 3 from the Death Sentence and Confuse he casts upon you when her hits ya with Red Light, that attack alone goes over 3K and even with the Wizard Bracelet its still too high. I use 2 ribbons on characters but that doesn't help much, even though it protects me from those 2 statuses, it denies my chance to get MBarrier on them. I'm not sure the Dragon Force skill works when you have Ribbon equipped neither.

His Death hits you like 99% of the time. I had all 3 alive at one moment and in the other 2 were instantly death because the Death Sentence time was up and right before that he hit me with Death.

His tropical attack seems to be the only elemental-type attack he has of fire, but he barely does it. 2 ribbons and Added Effect + Mystify is the only way I can prevent Confuse.

I'm just gonna have to level up.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #34 on: 2013-10-05 02:46:42 »
You tried using death force?

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-10-06 00:42:52 »
You tried using death force?

I know Death Force but the turtle that has it in the beach of Wutai had too much HP and whenever I attacked him he countered with that light attack to my party and I had no patience for it and I don't have it :D

I saw that some clowns that throw cards like the ones outside of Mt. Corel do it but I couldn't manipulate them so I didn't really bother :(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: 2013-10-09 04:05:58 »
The turtle only counterattacks. As long as you only try to manip it you should be fine.
The deathforce from the jokers can somewhat easily be obtained by casting reflect on them at the beginning of the fight.

Also sadness help a lot when dealing with damage.

You should only need mbarrier; don't bother with wall/mighty guard.

Jenova is weak to physical attacks.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #37 on: 2013-10-25 04:08:02 »
The turtle only counterattacks. As long as you only try to manip it you should be fine.
The deathforce from the jokers can somewhat easily be obtained by casting reflect on them at the beginning of the fight.

Also sadness help a lot when dealing with damage.

You should only need mbarrier; don't bother with wall/mighty guard.

Jenova is weak to physical attacks.

Buthurt, seriously? No complaints in this long? The world is enough! :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-10-26 00:44:19 »
Buthurt, seriously? No complaints in this long? The world is enough! :D

Looks like he might be gone, I was kinda hoping he'd make it to the end. One thing I've noticed on the vids is that the comments from people about how they beat the bosses seem to abruptly end right at Battle Square. Have you ever considered that the difficulty of your mod could be considered a crime against humanity?

In any case, it would appear that your mod has claimed yet another victim. How many more must fall before you're satisfied?  :(

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-10-26 02:28:01 »
Oh my friends I ain't done by a longshot :D

I'll admit I am a bit frustrated that I haven't been able to tackle this boss yet, I'm still deciding whether to level up tons of levels or backtrack a little bit to see if I can catch the Death Force enemy skill from the jokers by casting reflect on them like Gjoerulv said.

I've been working overtime a lot, I work 6 days a week and sometimes even 7 without a break. Most of the time I'm watching HBO GO or just resting, but rest assure I will finish this :D FF7 is one of my favorite games of all time and when I found you could mod the game and add the hardcore mod on it I knew there was another good excuse to get into the game for the 9884359854398623 time :)

Don't count me out buddies!

P.S I visit the forum everyday :P

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-10-26 02:33:50 »
Btw this is how serious I take this run:

You see all those FF7 SAVE emails?

That's me sending myself the latest save in case something were to happen to my PC, and I'm gonna keep doing it because I'm paranoid about it :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-10-26 23:51:23 »
Lol, good to see you're still slugging it out; getting stuck can be a pain. That work schedule sounds fierce, though.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-10-27 00:59:38 »
Indeed, I leveled up a few levels yesterday and I will level some more soon and give it another shot, I wanna past this Jenova already :(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: 2013-10-27 02:51:31 »
Which Jenova are you stuck on?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #44 on: 2013-10-27 06:45:26 »
It's Jenny Death no?

Have you tried all the damage reducing tricks?

Dragon Force + Sadness + MBarrier, and I think you should be pretty good. Remember that Dragon force can be stacked once, that is, use it twice on each character. Death Force should be in effect too to avoid death.
Manip blue dragon for dragon force.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-10-27 21:00:57 »
Which Jenova are you stuck on?

Second Jenova, one in the crater before we go through all of Cloud's memories.

It's Jenny Death no?

Have you tried all the damage reducing tricks?

Dragon Force + Sadness + MBarrier, and I think you should be pretty good. Remember that Dragon force can be stacked once, that is, use it twice on each character. Death Force should be in effect too to avoid death.
Manip blue dragon for dragon force.

I have DF, what I don't have is Death Force, not exactly sure where they spawn but since I leveled a few I'm gonna give it another shot, I'll be back later to tell what happened :)

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-10-27 21:19:25 »
I wish I could show you all how fast he wipes the floor with me.

1st turn: Death on Cloud and he's dead.

2nd turn: Red Light on Tifa and now she's confused and has Death Sentence on her.

3rd turn: Ignored every Dragon Force I cast on Barret hit him with Red Light over 1800 and he's dead.

Best thing of all, if I put Ribbons on my characters the Mbarrier spell gets neglected, but how am I gonna protect from the Confuse and Death Sentence?

I have Cloud with Added Effect + Mystify to protect, but still there isn't much I can do.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 2013-10-27 21:52:04 »
I don't know if you like strategies just handed to you, so for now I'll just ask questions that could help.

Do you know Jenny Death's (3rd Jenova btw) main type of damage?

Do you know what can cure Confusion?

Do you know how to prevent Death, other than Death Force?
« Last Edit: 2013-10-27 21:55:33 by EQ2Alyza »

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-10-30 03:38:58 »
I don't know if you like strategies just handed to you, so for now I'll just ask questions that could help.

Do you know Jenny Death's (3rd Jenova btw) main type of damage?

Do you know what can cure Confusion?

Do you know how to prevent Death, other than Death Force?

1) Not this one, I thought it was fire like it was in the main game but if it has one I haven't figured it out. Although he can't hit me with that Tropical Wind attack doesn't to hit anyone that has a fire-based immunity defense.

2) Physical attack, White Wind, Added Effect + Mystify on defense slot prevents it.

3) Nope :(

While browsing I saw that SegaChief has a video on youtube but I rather not see it :D

To be honest I feel like crap asking for help, feels like I'm cheating.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #49 on: 2013-10-30 06:32:51 »
I just defeated her with a lvl 52ish party. I don't remember what level that's normal here but 52 sounds about right, no?

SPOILER alert, in case you want to solve this yourself.

My team: Coud, Vincent + Tifa. Why Vincent? You could replace him with a character with more HP, but his Natural Spr helps a lot.
Cloud front row, cause he had no long range. Vincent back, Tifa front.

Eq:
Cloud: Nail Bat, Gigas Armlet, Fury Ring
Vincent: Lariat, Wizard Bracelet, Peace Ring
Tifa: Dragon Claw, Bolt Armlet, Peace Ring

Materia:
Cloud: Anything goes that raises luck, speed and HP. NO magic or any materia that lowers Str.

Vincent:
Weapon: All+Restore, Magic Plus, Revive, Enemy Skill, MP Pluss (Magic Plus and MP Pluss aren't really needed though, you may want to replace MP Plus with Counter Attack for extra damage utput, IF you have one).
Defence: Elemental+Fire,All+Time,Added Effect+Destruct,HP Absorb+Comet.
(He has less than 3000 hp now).

Tifa:
Weapon: All+Barrier,Counter Attack,Long Range,HP Pluss,Enemy Skill
Defence: All+Restore,Elemental+Fire

Started the fight with Sadness on all with tranquillizers.

At the beginning of the fight I prioritized MBarrier and regen. Dragon Force twice on everyone to lower damage (of course, watch you hp, you don't' want anyone to die).
Then add Death Force on Cloud and Tifa as fast as possible. Make sure they don't miss.
The rest of the fight is simply a matter of keeping your HP, regen and mbarrier up. Both Tifa and Vincent can do this; no worries.

If you're unlucky and Jenny keep spamming successful death spells at the beginning, you might as well give up. It have happened to me too.

EDIT: btw, you can also cast Slow on Jenova.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-30 07:04:13 by gjoerulv »