Author Topic: Sup guys new member here , hope u can help me.  (Read 5786 times)

NicoChirry

• View Profile
Sup guys new member here , hope u can help me.
« on: 2014-06-09 08:56:32 »
Sup guys sorry is this is in the wrong section , this is my first time posting in here.   :o I recently bought the steam version of FF7 for PC and An amazing guy called sega chief created me a sephiroth patch with everything but the field model, so I'm running around in towns and stuff as cloud but in the menu, battle and world map i'm sephiroth, Ive looked  for a full version of a sephiroth patch but they are all too hard to install and the one this guy made for me is super easy to use, I just hace to locate the Data folder through the patch and it does it all for me, can anyone help me out with a field model for sephiroth that is easy to install. Thanx :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Sup guys new member here , hope u can help me.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-09 10:51:26 »
I hope people don't spoonfeed you because not willing to go to any effort and still wanting things that usually warrant effort is just beeing a leech.

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-09 10:55:09 »
Thanx for your input M8, your nickname says it all.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-09 23:26:46 »
It's actually a super simple task once you understand the format of Final Fantasy VII files. You can open up the char.lgp and find the files you want for Sephiroth's field model and rename them to Cloud's corresponding files and copy and paste them over. You'd have to do this for the bigger hrc model which I believe is AAAA.hrc in the char.lgp, but do not trust me on that one, that is me pulling up a distant memory. And you'd also have to replace the smaller p models for each of his arms, each of his legs, his head, each of his feet, his torso and if I am not mistaken his hands as well.

The worldmap model, if you wanted to replace that as well is located in the lgp archive respective to your country of origin. If you're in the United States of America, it would be world_us.lgp I believe, and I do not know what Cloud's model within that would be off the top of my head. You could either search through that with kimera to find the right model, or there is a file repository somewhere on this forum that has labelled and archived most models and files within the lgp archives very clearly. Which is a useful tool in its own right!
((Edit: I didn't read the first post carefully enough. I just realized you already have the world map model. ^^))

But, that doesn't account for Cloud's wheel chair model, parachute model, and any others that exist. A mod of this nature would require a tool called Kimera, if you wanted to manipulate an existing model of Sephiroth into Cloud's wheelchair/ parachute/ sword wielding forms.

I haven't been on the modding scene in some time, but it seems like it would be easy enough to do. Even for a beginner. :). You'd just need an LGP unpacker, there are few listed here on the forums. You might have to sink a bit of time and reading into this to fully grasp what it is you'd have to do, but in the end it is really the best bet to go. The modders on this site are busy with their own projects and are very quite friendly if you show a thirst for learning, but as Tenko said above it is unlikely that they would simply give it to you.

Your best bet for getting exactly what you want, is doing it yourself, in your own way! I wish you luck, and I hope you can make something wonderful if you so choose. I hope this post was somewhat useful at least and halfway enlightening. I have an awful habit of rambling on and ambling aimlessly when attempting to explain things clearly!

((Also, I swear a mod of this nature exists in full scale somewhere. It is a very popular idea. I am not sure if that exists still though. I haven't done any sort of search.))
« Last Edit: 2014-06-09 23:41:13 by Mendelevium »

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-10 11:20:24 »
Thank you brother, you helped me immensely, I have a program called makou reacter downloaded that can change/Edit the feild but I tried changing cloud feild model to sephiroths using this in every file, took me a couple of hours and it didn't work, gonna do the steps u said to try if that works because there is an LGP extractor in this program that does what you say but I neva done this last night.
Thanx for caring bro really appreciate your time :D

NicoChirry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-06-10 14:22:57 »
Was able to sap cloud with sephiroth in field with makou reacter program but his limbs are all over the place, anyone know how to fix this? :D

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #6 on: 2014-06-10 15:20:10 »
Was able to sap cloud with sephiroth in field with makou reacter program but his limbs are all over the place, anyone know how to fix this? :D

it would guess its due to them not having the same bone structure and the animations depending on the models bone structure for animation.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #7 on: 2014-06-10 15:35:52 »
If you want to replace Cloud with Sephiroth (or any model) you cant just swap their hrc's. You need to actually build the model onto the other characters skeleton. The game is programed to use certain animation files with particular skeletons, it's not something you'll be able to change.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 2014-06-10 20:15:08 »
Aerith and Sephiroth have the same pool of animations to skeleton and if you pilfer enough from aerith you can probably replace all the cloud animations with those from their pool

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-06-10 20:35:33 »
Animations are bound to the skeleton of the .hrc file if recall correctly, so yeah like you said.

I remember I swapped Barret with Dyne once as a test, and all I did to make it work was renamed all of Dyne's .p files and his .hrc file to match Barrets and overwrote the ones in the LGP.

I imagine the same principle could be applied to this. I don't think he'd need to rebuild the skeleton for the basic walking animation. All of the other ones (Parachute, sword swinging, wheel chair) he'd have to apply Sephiroth's body parts to the skeleton :P.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-10 20:39:24 by Mendelevium »

Iceboundphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-06-26 02:11:40 »
That all sounds like a massive pile of mumbo jumbo to me and way too much work for replacing clouds model for sephiroths. But I applaud you in trying keep on keepin on man good luck hope it works out and welcome to the forums brah.