Author Topic: my first successful model conversion!  (Read 67062 times)

orlan

• View Profile
Re: my first successful model conversion!
« Reply #25 on: 2009-07-07 11:44:31 »
ok thxn bro nga pla taga qc me fairview hehehe

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-07-07 12:27:33 »
Lol, when i said that i was joking with the tone...err

what i mean is that i really meant it when i asked you what you were saying but the implied tone was a joke

so i guess what i'm saying is that i was joking

TerrawindX2

« Reply #27 on: 2009-07-07 15:49:27 »
Lol, when i said that i was joking with the tone...err

what i mean is that i really meant it when i asked you what you were saying but the implied tone was a joke

so i guess what i'm saying is that i was joking

Should have added a smiley to it XD

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-07-07 16:30:00 »
by the way..would anyone of you people tell me how to extract models from dissidia and CC and how to import them in 3dsmax?

You'll need Mesh2rdm (it can be found on these forums somewhere) for the dissidia models.  For the Crisis Core models use Koral's Rinoa viewer, it even comes with a handy "export to obj" button.
As for mesh2rdm, you'll have to create a .bat file.  So open notepad and save it as Run.bat and make sure to save it as "all files" instead of ".txt"

An example of what should be in the .bat document: mesh2rdm kefka.gmo Kefka.obj -texpre Kefka -rotate -90 0 0 -scale 1.0 -objout

This will work if you have a .gmo file named kefka, and will give you a .obj with textures.  (I don't think a .mtl is created though)

polaris_027

« Reply #29 on: 2009-07-08 01:57:55 »
by the way..would anyone of you people tell me how to extract models from dissidia and CC and how to import them in 3dsmax?

You'll need Mesh2rdm (it can be found on these forums somewhere) for the dissidia models.  For the Crisis Core models use Koral's Rinoa viewer, it even comes with a handy "export to obj" button.
As for mesh2rdm, you'll have to create a .bat file.  So open notepad and save it as Run.bat and make sure to save it as "all files" instead of ".txt"

An example of what should be in the .bat document: mesh2rdm kefka.gmo Kefka.obj -texpre Kefka -rotate -90 0 0 -scale 1.0 -objout

This will work if you have a .gmo file named kefka, and will give you a .obj with textures.  (I don't think a .mtl is created though)

wow thanks for that!  :-D ill try it now! hehe

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-07-08 02:07:56 »
wow thanks for that!  :-D ill try it now! hehe

Here's an image of what I'm talking about

The obj.bat and smd.bat I had to create in notepad (like I stated in my earlier post).  Obviously the smd.bat will give me smd files, which aren't necessary for FF7.

The squall.gmo won't work with the example I gave you earlier
mesh2rdm kefka.gmo Kefka.obj -texpre Kefka -rotate -90 0 0 -scale 1.0 -objout
  To make it work the obj.bat would need to be edited so that "squall" replaces "kefka" in each instance.

I figure this is most likely common sense.  But now you definitely shouldn't have any trouble

polaris_027

« Reply #31 on: 2009-07-08 07:25:35 »

so does the dissidia model extractor really do this when it converts it to .obj? or am i missing something?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: 2009-07-08 08:01:30 »
Ok, to clear this up a little bit, the SMD format is a much better format, provided you have the right import plugin.
Not only does it keep bone information required for parting the arms from the body without a great deal of hassle, but the .obj exporter on mesh2rdm is glitchy, and from what i can remember, will screw up normals a lot.
also, to get rid of that boxy look and get some smoothness back to the models, add a, "edit normals" modifier to the imported model, hit CTRL+A and then click break and then clik unify. this does something to the normals to fix them whenever they screw up in most situations, don't ask me how.

anyway, you'll need an export .bat that looks more like this:
mesh2rdm kefka.gmo Kefka.smd -texpre Kefka -rotate -90 0 0 -scale 1.0 -smdout -flipuv

the "flipuv" code will fix up texture upside-down-ness without you having to flip them.

polaris_027

« Reply #33 on: 2009-07-08 09:03:56 »
umm where do you find that "edit normals" thing?

EDIT: got it! thanks a lot!  :-D :-D :-D

so follow up question...how do you part the model using the bones?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-08 09:22:26 by polaris_027 »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #34 on: 2009-07-08 17:15:27 »
hit "select by name" from the top (the arrow with the list) and find "l_uparm". then use the rotate and rotate snap tool to get a nice 90 or 45 degree rotation. just do the same with "r_uparm"

but this wont work with .obj, since it wont hold any bone information. best bet is to grab the SMD importer and use SMD format instead.

polaris_027

« Reply #35 on: 2009-07-09 00:38:57 »
yes yes i used the smd file..so after i select by name, i use rotate.. but then the only thing that rotates is the bones? is that right?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: 2009-07-09 07:44:32 »
Then you've edited the mesh via the the "editable mesh" modifier already. re-load the model, and if you want to edit the model, you'll have to add a new "edit mesh" modifier.
but if you're sure you havent done that, ask espio, i belive he had a similar problem.

polaris_027

« Reply #37 on: 2009-07-12 04:16:32 »
where do you acess the rotate snapshot?

polaris_027

« Reply #38 on: 2009-07-12 11:39:16 »
 :-( no one seems to reply..sigh well ill stick to the old method!

hmm so here's....

help from squall mod??? hahaha  :-D

haha i just replaced vincent! so waddya think??  :mrgreen:

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-07-12 18:09:12 »
THIS... I like.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-07-12 19:55:56 »
reguarding the squall mod you know what you could do? you could give him barret's limits for the handgun which i just noticed does not belong in squalls hands...

shud have a gun blade and just save cloud's stance files over vincent's

in that case you could mix in cloud, barret and maybe vincent's limits.

also i think you could also get away with swapping tifa for zell, and maybe sephy for seifer  :-D

polaris_027

« Reply #41 on: 2009-07-12 23:15:09 »
that was the idea i had and tried it long ago to swap barret with squall but the end result was ugly.. :-(
barret's body and skeleton was too big so the animation wont seem to work right..
and dont worry i'll give him a gunblade so here's a screen of what squall would look like in the field..

hmm..not a bad idea there but..i'll only be putting squall for the game! that's coz it won't feel like i'm playing ff7 anymore! haha besides i also have ff8 pc installed..i'll just be waiting for someone to have a breakthrough on putting models in ff8!

so i just imported squall ingame and wtf??

hmm..i know vincent gets messed up in some places but can anybody confirm this? is it a problem with the importing or is it just that vincent glitch??
umm..does anybody also have a save file in nibel where you first meet with vincent? can anyone send it to me please? i want to test this..

here's a much better view at squall's field model..and some how it makes me laugh :-D :-D

and regarding bout mixing in mixing limits? can you really do that? what about their animations? wont day be messed up as hell?

anyway..i'm thinking of cid's limits for squall..is there any way that i can do that?

EDIT:

so the problem was not on vincent..its on squall..what do you think caused this messing up?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-13 00:28:05 by polaris_027 »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-07-13 02:07:39 »
idk about the problem you have with the model but with this tool called wallmarket by NFIT you can do awesome things very easily.

you can indeed mix and match and they might be messed up but in this case it could be better than having him randomly transforming into a beast.

in fact thanks to wallmarket i made attacks like heartless angel, edited weapons so they could look different, and had different statistics, and even made it so that all my chars could equip the masamune  :-D

to put it simply it allows you to alter everything battle related for your characters. Meaning spells, weapons, armor, attacks, accesories, etc. so if you're interested u shud try it  :wink:

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-07-13 06:06:06 »
That is a somewhat common issue with the animation, quite a few people experienced that problem before (such as ultima espio in his sonic mod) and the solution should be simply changing the animations with the original animations that you backed up or have on disc.

although squeeble did show us that vincent's pose when using a gunblade is awesome, why not keep the basic anmations of vincent for squall and either strip him of his limit breaks or give him a plethora of something like... angermax or big shot?

polaris_027

« Reply #44 on: 2009-07-13 06:43:15 »
murak modder your a genius!!!haha :-D
i finally got it right thanks to to that suggestion of yours! mmwaaah!

so here it is..

hmm..so now onto the process of giving squall some limits! hehehe

EDIT: i cant seem to use that wallmarket thing..it crashes whenever i try to run it..

but here's just a minor update on cloud..just added his holster like in AC..ripped from jedi knights

>>right now im doing the minigames.lgp...ill try to convert models in the g-bike to make them look ac.. :wink:

« Last Edit: 2009-07-16 22:39:41 by polaris_027 »

polaris_027

« Reply #45 on: 2009-07-17 01:27:45 »
sorry for the double post :-P:

here's cloud with an updated fenrir from jedi knight..

ill also be importing it o field and the gbike minigame..

Murak Modder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-07-18 09:22:30 »
Out of interest, do you intent to attempt a chibi style Squall?

As in, resize the body parts and make the different parts fit within the style of the original limbs?

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-07-18 10:19:20 »
polaris, if you want i could just send u a kernel file with the limit breaks for vincent that you want to use? i've done stuff like this for people here twice so far, so if you want feel free to ask.

polaris_027

« Reply #48 on: 2009-07-18 15:44:47 »
owkei..so i hvae a question to you guys..have anyone in this forum tried to tweak the minigames.lgp and succeeded? specifically on model conversion..you see..

this is what i get when i render it in kimera..

the problem:

wtf? i did the textures right in pcreator ( done it twice already)..

upon closer inspection youll see that the fenrir was okay and visible..but when you look at cloud its different..the textures just got messed up..so any thoughts on this issue?

Trishty

« Reply #49 on: 2009-07-18 18:02:09 »
I think the problem is cloud texture crash, i don't know. You should try create texture again (i alway create texture file one time by pcreator  and no crash)