Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII Series coming to PC?  (Read 42618 times)

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII Series coming to PC?
« Reply #25 on: 2014-09-20 08:02:24 »
IX is my favorite and I would love a PC version of this game. It could be beautiful. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014-09-20 11:16:23 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:45:01 by dkma841 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-09-20 14:04:45 »
IX is my favorite and I would love a PC version of this game. It could be beautiful. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612
Looks like it's time for another FFIX run.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: 2014-09-20 15:04:38 »
Is this serious... *checking* ............
Well, someone noticed the PC gaming marked. Squeeny have been real busy re-releasing for Windows lately. While I personally didn't hate the game, I most definitely is not gonna buy it on steam.

FF9 is needed on steam/pc/mac/whatever. A port with smooth frame-rate and semi-HD graphics would be most welcome.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-09-20 19:29:19 »
I'm pretty sure part of the reason they're doing this is to determine the viability of newer releases on PC. If you want FFXV or KH3 to come to PC, buying this will make that more likely to happen. Whether owning FFXIII is a worthwhile tradeoff for that cause is up to you.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #30 on: 2014-09-20 19:53:17 »
I'm pretty sure part of the reason they're doing this is to determine the viability of newer releases on PC.

This is probably the only reason I'll buy it, but not until it goes on a steam sale or something.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: 2014-09-20 19:58:30 »
I can see FF15 happening on PC if demand for 13 is high enough but KH3 remains very doubtful considering Squeenix isn't the sole say-so on what happens with it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 2014-09-22 21:46:57 »
This is probably the only reason I'll buy it, but not until it goes on a steam sale or something.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120/

10% isn't much, but then again, $15 isn't much either :P

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #33 on: 2014-09-23 16:13:42 »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120/

10% isn't much, but then again, $15 isn't much either :P

o_o *groan* I went ahead and bought it. I've never played it and don't know if I'll regret this or not. Not as cheap as the PS3 though. :( My current laptop will probably not be up to the task of playing it, but I'm probably going to get a new machine soon.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-09-23 20:21:48 »
I hate that i will end up buying these terrible games, Just so Square knows that there are PC gamers out there, who would like to play JRPGs..

I suppose i should give it a chance, i only played 3 hours of XIII and shut it off because i would rather do other things haha

You know as well as I do that the only message that will send to them is that it is okay to produce mediocrity because people will buy it regardless. I think it's sad what's happened to this game series...  I remember when a new FF game was a preorder and thrill just waiting for the release day.  Now I'm here modding Final Fantasy VII and playing FF VII-X because I find they still haven't been surpassed.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #35 on: 2014-09-23 21:32:12 »
o_o *groan* I went ahead and bought it. I've never played it and don't know if I'll regret this or not.

About the first part of the series... just judging by the character developement... I'm sorry to let you down but you will...

...and playing FF VII-X...

looool

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-09-23 22:38:11 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:43:19 by dkma841 »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #37 on: 2014-09-24 10:46:06 »
You know as well as I do that the only message that will send to them is that it is okay to produce mediocrity because people will buy it regardless. I think it's sad what's happened to this game series...  I remember when a new FF game was a preorder and thrill just waiting for the release day.  Now I'm here modding Final Fantasy VII and playing FF VII-X because I find they still haven't been surpassed.

We're sending a message that the current direction FF is going is, at least, ok, and will make a profit. I dunno, but I duobt the developers aim for mediocrity when making a new FF. But at the end of the day it's the sales that matters for the shareholders and the higher ups, not the quality. They have the final words, and looking at the sales, they may as well push the developers in a certain direction.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2014-09-24 15:55:25 »
An interesting thing happened earlier this year. They noticed that Bravely Default sold better in the West than either Lightning Returns or Final Fantasy XIII-2, for a fraction of the development cost. This has caused them to rethink their strategy of attempting to appeal to non-Japanese audiences with the cinematic bullshit they think we want.

When a company like EA talks about treating customers right, you know they're full of it because they're making good money even when Consumerist votes them worst company of the year twice in a row. But Square Enix said what they did based on actual numbers, not just a misguided attempt to repair a destroyed reputation, so I'm more apt to believe them. They don't even need to care about customers; they've seen good games bring in money, they are more likely to bring in good games.

So to everyone who bought Bravely Default, thank you for voting with your wallet. Square Enix's reaction to those figures proved it works. In the end, that's why I'm going to buy FFXIII (and as many future Square Enix games as possible) on PC: to vote with my wallet and send a message that I want PC versions of their games.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-10-08 18:19:45 »
I bought Bravely because it's about the closest thing to an actual FF game we've had since FFX.

Still not finished it, no where near it actually got Project X Zone and Fire Emblem to finish off too, kinda left my 3DS sitting for a while right up until Smash Bros came out the other day.

Nabbed XIII from Green Man Gaming for just under £8, gonna take a peek at what's under the hood if I can.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-10-08 21:09:46 »

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-10-08 22:53:21 »
Probably should link to GMG as you can get it a little cheaper than Steam there, keys go out at some point tomorrow(9th)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/final-fantasy-xiii/

VBHGBM-JS2VN9-0J5OFM for 20% off rather than Steam's 10%

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-10-09 09:50:15 »
What I hate about ff13 is the story and even more the characters and their pointless overacted dialogues but I found the gameplay quite interesting actually. The fact that everyone's class determines the base damage multiplier actually allowed for some cool strategies requiring good timing and planning when to shift without cancelling turns.

For example Long Gui bashing in about 2 mins using Army of One in Cerberus paradigm was quite fun. I farmed the best weapons and crests for my main team and slain Vercingetorix, quite an time consuming effort for someone claiming how strawberries the game is :D

Edit: Seriously guys? Strawberries? :D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #43 on: 2014-10-09 11:48:35 »
I'm more concerned with that 49.4 GB size footprint. I get that this game was on a Blu-ray, but that's a huge download.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-10-09 15:33:52 »
Edit: Seriously guys? Strawberries? :D
Seriously

I'm more concerned with that 49.4 GB size footprint. I get that this game was on a Blu-ray, but that's a huge download.
If you don't like a 49.4GB install, then you're in luck! The Steam version requires 60GB!

On the plus side, it looks like it runs at 60fps. Not quite the uncapped I was hoping for (I've got a 144Hz monitor), but better than the 30fps I was expecting.

On the strawberries side, I can't tell if this is saying fullscreen has a MINIMUM 1280x720, or literally only runs at that resolution. One of these is fine, the other is awful.

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-10-09 16:09:42 »
49.4GB according to my Steam download.

The size listed in the specs is an estimate, usually to allow for a possible size increase after release due to patches/DLC.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #46 on: 2014-10-09 16:54:05 »
49.4GB according to my Steam download.

The size listed in the specs is an estimate, usually to allow for a possible size increase after release due to patches/DLC.

The download is compressed. The required size is size including an average number of saves.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2014-10-09 18:17:22 »
On the strawberries side, I can't tell if this is saying fullscreen has a MINIMUM 1280x720, or literally only runs at that resolution. One of these is fine, the other is awful.

I was watching a stream of it, and as far as the guy can tell the resolution is fixed. There's no in-game option to change it at any rate. Maybe it can be changed in the steam files manually, but if not then I'm sure the first mod will be something along those lines. Maybe.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-10-09 20:23:54 »
Durante is on the case. For those of you who don't know, he's the guy who fixed the port of Dark Souls. I give it 48 hours tops before this game runs properly at 1080p.

edit: video
« Last Edit: 2014-10-09 20:34:16 by Covarr »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #49 on: 2014-10-09 20:49:17 »
1280x720???