Author Topic: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project  (Read 124968 times)

Devina

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Crisis Core Upscale Project
« Reply #275 on: 2021-08-07 20:05:19 »
Hi 14190ateru, please send your .pngs our way, I'd be happy to use them.

And the red tie slipped my mind. We have some plans for some improved Genesis/Two Turks computer monitor screens, so stay tuned.

Saskiel

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2021-08-27 22:23:58 »
Hello, thank you so much for your hard work on this project <3 we have just finished the game for the first time and your textures made it extra special!
« Last Edit: 2021-08-27 22:28:32 by Saskiel »

Vlahka

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2021-09-23 11:24:41 »
If I could get a little help with the location of where 'Texture replacement' is in the options, I'd appreciate it.  Looked through multiple times and just cant see it.  Currently using PPSSPP 1.8.0

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2021-09-25 21:26:18 »
Should be Settings > Tools > Developer Tools then scroll down.

Vlahka

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2021-10-03 20:07:25 »
I cant seem to see it..  I have a screenshot of my settings.

https://imgur.com/a/v1zw3gj

I do have one weird issue thats only started appearing now.  Whenever Aerith talks her eyes are closed and her lips dont part, but her jaw moves.  Tifa also finally appeared and her eyes are closed most of the time she was on screen.  Is this an issue easily fixed?

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2021-10-05 04:34:08 »
If characters have their eyes closed when they shouldn't be, then you might've missed this in my post:

While visiting Banora, enable Retain changed textures to fix slowdown in Angeal's house, then remember to disable after leaving Banora to prevent blinking animation errors

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2021-12-21 20:48:53 »
Hey everyone, it's been a while and it's been a busy year. FF7 Remake is out on PC (Epic only, sadly...) but it's going to create a lot of interest in FF7.

I decided to revisit this project and do another playthrough to ensure more textures are up-to-par. I've said before that I'm 97 percent satisfied with this project, but now, I'm going to be working on it for a few more months for some more room for improvement. Many of these improvements will improve accuracy to the original. After a few more months, my satisfaction will be around 98-99 most likely.

I met a very talented friend a while ago who's really good at this stuff and they're going to help with these improvements. Here's some of their work:

The first revision didn't convey the sign was an old sign enough and looked too new, so now it has a more rustic and grime look. I also made the kanji white as it should be.

They also helped to create this new and improved logo in the museum:

Here's another example of an accuracy edit, where I lengthened the middle of the 3:

I hope everyone looks forward to these improvements and I'll be posting notable updates. I won't be posting everything we do, but for the major ones, I'll definitely post them.

I also updated my post on the front page to include some comparisons so people will have a better idea of this project.
« Last Edit: 2021-12-21 20:50:25 by Devina »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2021-12-22 22:44:12 »
Thanks Devina, great work.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2022-06-17 10:34:19 »
Soooo, Crisis Core remake just got announced. Pretty crazy, I honestly wasn't expecting it, but I'm pretty happy about it. I wonder if our project pressured Square to do something about Crisis Core and motivated them to remake it, but who knows.

There's honestly not much point to putting massive amounts of effort into our HDification project now, though we don't know how good/bad this remake will be, and if they'll strip or change a lot of content. For now, my development on the project is on hold.

Once the remake comes out, I'd like to take a look at its textures and probably port some of them into our project. Like, there's going to be new DMW portraits so I'd love to see what they look like in the old version of the game. We can then start making some "Crisis Core Reunion" optional mods as well. It also seems they're going to be releasing HD versions of the FMVs so I'd like to take screenshots of them and port them as well whenever possible. Whatever adjustments I can make.... well, we will see about that.

I have zero expertise with ripping textures from PC games, so I'd like people who can probably rip textures from the Crisis Core remake to revisit this topic once it comes out and help us out with this.

Until then, I'm going to be working more on the Before Crisis remake project, which I've posted an update here:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19983.msg287670#msg287670

Ldy_Death

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2022-07-14 05:07:36 »
But Crisis Core Remake is another game, this one is from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII canon and is not the same as the Reboot/Remake and their time travel stuff. The character's designs and the voices will not be the same.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2022-07-19 21:16:25 »
Pretty sure they said they'd leave the story alone. It's possible that the only change is how the Buster Sword looks like.

I definitely would not change the Buster Sword design in this mod as it would conflict with the FMVs.

We'll see what happens when it comes out, what the story/timeline stuff is like, what sort of texture changes are made, and go from there.

KingOfRapture

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2023-10-14 01:31:10 »
Any plans to rip the crisis core reunion fmvs to the psp version since its the same fmvs just upscaled. Tired of the fmvs on psp being a pixelated mess.