Author Topic: The Great FF7 FAQ (now outdated)  (Read 367031 times)

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Re: Cosmo
« Reply #50 on: 2004-06-26 09:35:01 »
Quote from: khalai
Quote from: Relf
I cant get past the stupid scene with the meotore in the lab in cosmo canyon!!

Me neither!! plz HELP!! It quits all the time!!!
Did you solve it?

You can't solve it.  If it happens to you, you're gonna have to port your save and see if anyone is nice enough to get you through it.

khalai

Re: Cosmo
« Reply #51 on: 2004-06-26 15:09:33 »
Quote from: Darkdevil
Quote from: khalai
Quote from: Relf
I cant get past the stupid scene with the meotore in the lab in cosmo canyon!!

Me neither!! plz HELP!! It quits all the time!!!
Did you solve it?

You can't solve it.  If it happens to you, you're gonna have to port your save and see if anyone is nice enough to get you through it.

CAN SOMEONE DO THIS FOR ME PLZ!?!?!?!

THANKS = )

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
The Great FF7 FAQ (read before posting for FF7 support!)
« Reply #52 on: 2004-06-26 15:12:48 »
I will *IF* you post it and promise not to type a post in all caps again :)

upload it here

http://Http://Bin.mypage.sk

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2004-06-28 00:35:32 »
NVIDIA 54.01 Overdrive[EQ] Windows 2k/XP

ALL NVIDIA CARDS SUPPORTED

http://www.bravept.com/Nvidia_Overdrive[EQ]_54.01_FINAL.zip

(use copy paste)

Comments of this driver here.

In my GF4 TI FFVII works good

iceydamo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2004-06-28 16:21:57 »
I use the latest forceware drivers (56.72) on my geforce fx 5200 pci and final fantasy 7 works fine and looks good i also use the 1.2 patch with chocobo patch.

khalai

« Reply #55 on: 2004-06-28 19:23:21 »
I will *IF* you post it and promise not to type a post in all caps again :)

upload it here

http://Http://Bin.mypage.sk

Done! Thanks for the help. It' number 447 by the name of save00.ff7.

:D

toxicshady

« Reply #57 on: 2004-07-12 21:43:59 »
http://Bin.mypage.SK/FILES/save01.ff7

hey i was wondering if u could do the same thing for me also if u wouldent mine  :) u can download my ff7 save file here http://www.js-designs.net/images/save00.ff7

FLiXD

• View Profile
    • http://planetbob.net/pb
« Reply #58 on: 2004-07-13 00:01:05 »
Quote from: halohalo
Quote from: auto_ptr
Heya,
I currently play FF7 in software mode (and FF8 in hardware mode) but, I'm getting a Geforce FX5900 soon and was wondering:...

You can use detonator 43.45~45.33 on your fx5900.  For FX series, new drivers like 5x.xx or 6x.xx are not compatible with PC version, so you have to use old drivers.

Sorry to drag up an oldish post, but this is something that interests me too. Currently running the ASUS v9560 128Mb GeForce FX 5600 card, with the nVidia 4.4.0.3 drivers that came packaged (I did upgrade to the latest ones, but they caused all sorts of problems, killing 800x600 res and eventually leading to a format)
I have to use software acceleration currently for FFVII. I did get one of the hardware config settings to work (think it was RIVA 128, no nVidia), but the last couple of times it blackscreened my PC and locked me out of Windows, forcing powerswitch reboot...
I downloaded detonator drivers 4.3.5.1 and 4.5.2.3, but am wary of installing them in case BAD THINGS happen to my computer. Any advice would be appreciated on this... should I be happy with software acceleration, or risk another format trying to get hardware acceleration working?

One more thing, how do you tell if nVidia drivers are detonator or other?

Other specs (if relevant) XP ProCorp, 512DDR, 2.6AMD, 1024x768

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #59 on: 2004-07-13 02:12:34 »
One more thing, how do you tell if nVidia drivers are detonator or other?

I think 4x.xx are "Detonator" and 5x.xx are "Forceware."  Doesn't make that much of a difference... they just felt like changing the name.  (I wonder if they'll change it again when they launch 6x.xx...)

Anyway, if everything passes without the nVidia box checked in FF7config, the game should work in hardware rendering mode (but might have messed up fonts, in which case you should enable FSAA or disable 8-bit palleted textures via Rivatuner).  If 8-bit palleted textures FAILS, you should check the nVidia box and select "TNT."  That's the general solution that's always worked for me.

As for the drivers, I don't think you'd have a problem if you installed either of those.  If you want to go to OLDER drivers, you should probably uninstall the ones you have now from Add/Remove Programs just to be safe.  In any case, it's hard to imagine how graphics drivers could mess up your computer enough to have to format it... worst case, you should still be able to boot into safe mode and restore your old drivers.

FLiXD

• View Profile
    • http://planetbob.net/pb
« Reply #60 on: 2004-07-13 04:20:10 »
Thanks for the info, and sorry you had to re-type most of the stuff that was in your first post (which I read whilst... erm, under the influence, so did not fully comprehend  :oops: ). Rivatuner is a great little app; got AA set to 4x & 8-bit disabled, hardware set to nVidia TNT, and it all works! Fights & menus look loads better, world map is a little dark but that's no problem.

Regarding format, there were other issues involved besides display. I tend to reformat & reinstall every 3 months or so anyway - just the blackscreening pushed it over the edge.

Thanks again for your help

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #61 on: 2004-07-28 21:03:28 »
For fx series users (I've tested fx5600/fx5900xt), old detonator has better compatibility (forceware 5x.xx is a disaster for fx series users playing ff7pc). And fx5900xt users can use detonator 45.32.

I just noticed the above quote.....

This may "only" be true for WinXP, I have a FX5900XT, and the Rivatuner paste and cut thing wouldn't work with the 45.32 drivers, or any driver that wasn't classfied as Forceware. I still use a WIn98 machine, so...maybe the WinXP driver is different.

Rivatuner would ignore that paste and cut option....if the drivers weren't classified as Forceware. The pulldown of the antialaising in Rivatuner is different, between the older drivers and the newer ones.

csaroldi

« Reply #62 on: 2004-07-28 23:21:14 »
Hi all, i am trying to install the ff7 (again) to play it one more time.... but i cant seem to get it done.

once i hit the install button, it does nothing. i really dont know what to do now !

i have looked for a problem like this, but all the problems were during the game, and not with the instalation itself.

I wonder if anyone could help me ?!

i have an Athlon XP 1.2 GHz 256 ddr gforce4 fx5200 128mb asus a7n8x-x

thanks in advance !

kartoska

« Reply #63 on: 2004-08-21 17:20:33 »
Hello! 8-bit text works with the edited Rivatuner.cfg but i can select TNT in the FF7Config cause its doesnt work. It works if i unselect Nvidia. I tryed to install the XP patch again, now i can select TNT. It works, but not fine.
I have an Geforce2Ti400, Nvidia 61.77 driver, DirectX9.0c. My OS is WinXPpro.
The situation now:
- the backgrounds are nice <<< working
- no problems with the 3D, only my charachters dont have eye in world mod (when im not fighting)
- i have problems with he videos, i can only see one corner of the video and the cursor is too big... many thing bigger...

HELP ME PLS!

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2004-09-02 12:24:32 »
Just thought I'd tell you that I followed your instructions on getting FSAA working and it works perfectly, but I thought it wasn't meant to since I'm using the newest nvidia drivers  :-?

EDIT: I've got some questions now (I've only just managed to get hold of FFVIIPC, so I'm really really n00bish, and I'm really sorry in advance):

1. Is there any way to make your game sound better without a SB card? Because any soundfonts I've seen are only for cards made by creative labs. (the turks theme really gets to me, it's so crappy compared to the PS version!)

2. I've been trying to get ff7music working so I can use mp3s for the game, but unluckily, my game is not the same type as fice's so it's not yet supported to be patched, so is there any way to get this working?

EDIT2: Ignore me, I found my problem and got ff7music working...

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2004-09-03 00:06:47 »
Heh, my game sounded the best when i didnt even HAVE a sound card and used the yamaha sound font.  But you cant have both, because the soundfont and sound cards dont play nice.  Especially while booting up winblowz.

Sebastian

« Reply #66 on: 2004-09-12 15:34:03 »
Hey there I'm new here and writing from Poland I've got a problem.After I installed all the patches too run this game on my windows XP HOME EDITION I did get pass the chocobo race but the game crushes now after I meet for the first time CID and we're about to chrash into the sea with his airplane.I don't know if there are any other patches for this moment in the game or any other solution to get passed this moment if someone knows how to overcome this then place reply me. My computer specifications are:WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION  and GEFORCE 4 440 MX.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2004-09-12 21:55:00 »
Thats a typical "ff7 doesnt wanna  read a movie" problem.

Try following this doc: http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/FF7Movietweak.txt

There may be slight differences if you're playing the international version, but  im sure using this faq as a guide, you can figgure out any differences and work from there =)

sbcdivision63

« Reply #68 on: 2004-09-15 06:44:57 »
hey everyone...i just ordered ff7 for pc off ebay...knowing there was a few problems with win xp but not as many as i have been reading as of lately...i just wanted to know what i would need to do to get it running well on my computer...note that i have not received the game yet...system specs are the following:
win xp pro sp2
p4 3.0 ghz oc'd to 3.3
ati radeon 9500 pro bios modded to allow overclocking (recognized as 9700 pro)
catalyst 4.9 drivers
1024mb ram

thanks in advance

suiyu

« Reply #69 on: 2004-11-06 13:46:46 »
Hello guys, my graphic card is 6800GT, I have tried most of methods listed above and still cannot pass the 8-bit texture and fix the grid lines...
I have tried:
1. updated the driver (forceware) to 66.81
2. I have installed 1.02 FF7 patch
3. I have used riva tuner 1.52
 --setting:
  -enabled 8-bit texture
  -modified cfg file with ff06 ff0c ff0d modes
Anyone give me a hand...I almost give up...

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2004-11-06 16:40:16 »
Interesting. I thought NVIDIA cards supported 8-bit paletted textures. What you need to do is go into FF7config it select the Riva box.

suiyu

« Reply #71 on: 2004-11-06 18:09:02 »
Quote from: sfx1999
Interesting. I thought NVIDIA cards supported 8-bit paletted textures. What you need to do is go into FF7config it select the Riva box.
I have checked the riva box, but I still got the grid lines.

suiyu

« Reply #72 on: 2004-11-06 18:13:23 »
And I installed FF8, grid lines come up again..should I give up and use software rendering?..

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2004-11-07 00:20:48 »
Did you try patching your drivers? Also, make sure anisotropic filtering is not being forced on along with anti-aliasing.

suiyu

« Reply #74 on: 2004-11-07 00:43:53 »
I have updated original driver from 61.77 to 66.81.
Within driver setting, anisotropic is controled by the application, antialiasing is 4x(I have tried none)