Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 208990 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Hi all after been on this site for awhile and seeing what can be done with FF7 nowadays it made me wanna play through FF7 again, but not the same old easy FF7 oh no.... i fancied a big change!

Features for this patch Include

New Boss Names so you can tell there different

New Attack names sound more destructive and realistic

A meaning to the Materia Steal! own it right from the start of the game and steal stuff from bosses you wouldn't normally get untill later on in the game! (like ff9)

Additional Bosses! You will never look at Midgar Z the same way ever again trust me!

Reap more rewards from defeating tougher Enemies

Break the Damage Limit. 9999 is a thing of the past!

Each Character now has there own elemental stats which change the way of battle!

Plus Much more to come!

NEW features!

Brand new dialog thrown in and improved english for the ultimate ff7 experience

Sick of the old faces on the menu .... well with this patch you can replace them easily :)

Renamed weapons and armour some classic from other final fantasy games some original and brand new effects

A name change Expert Version only told half the story so im changing the name

Multiple challenges!!! i will be making 2 Difficulty levels (you can choose which one you want to patch) 1 of which hardcore players might find a bit easy the last one will be the ultimate challenge though but ill make sure its possible.

Will post preview pictures soon of my progress, and credit and thanks to everyone who has coded all these wonderful programs making this possible!

Latest picture Updates

New first boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmKnlRhPoQ
« Last Edit: 2011-10-21 15:34:14 by ff7rules »

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Re: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Expert Version (PSX Version)
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-23 17:26:02 »
Ouch, PSX mod will be pretty limited surely?
I'll be interested to see how you get on though, PC modding is good and all, but I'd *love* to see more crazy things being done to the PSX version!  :-D

(Especially the PSX 9999 Damage Cap Removal (which I have seen on YouTube))

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-23 22:14:10 »
Ouch, PSX mod will be pretty limited surely?
I'll be interested to see how you get on though, PC modding is good and all, but I'd *love* to see more crazy things being done to the PSX version!  :-D

(Especially the PSX 9999 Damage Cap Removal (which I have seen on YouTube))

Yeah i will be including that, i just downloaded it now. The reason i choose the psx is because theres hardly any patches going and for those with psp's you can also play it on the go ive run into a bit of a problem though already the kernal file size is too big can you not add only replace? Will have some screenshots up later tonight of my progress

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-23 22:16:38 »
Thanx man for you work!I'm the one with PSP,as you say :wink: And i will be glad to replay FFVII PSX with your editions!

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-23 22:28:39 »
Yeah i will be including that, i just downloaded it now. The reason i choose the psx is because theres hardly any patches going and for those with psp's you can also play it on the go ive run into a bit of a problem though already the kernal file size is too big can you not add only replace? Will have some screenshots up later tonight of my progress
Yeah exactly, the bytes have to match up. :(

Where did you find the 9999 Delimiter for PSX? Is it hard to find, or am I being a retard? Cheers!

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-23 22:54:05 »
Yeah exactly, the bytes have to match up. :(

Where did you find the 9999 Delimiter for PSX? Is it hard to find, or am I being a retard? Cheers!

Funny enough i found it on youtube with a video i will post it if you want?

i also found something very intersting that might be of GREAT help to me http://www.tales-cless.org/docs/thepsxdoc2.txt now if im correct and i can do this the kernal.bin size won't matter!

ALSO heres the break damage limit patch for psx Download it here :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDCB11VZ
You'll need the CDMage utility to insert the files into the game CDs. Google is your friend.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-23 22:58:23 by ff7rules »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-01-23 23:26:27 »
There is a solution to the kernel.bin size problem...

Just delete things you don't need on that disc, since you can put a different kernel.bin on each one. A lot of materia won't be needed on disc 1, so you don't need the data for that on that disc (certainly not the descriptions, which take up a lot of space). Nothing to do with Aeris will be needed on discs 2 and 3, so on those discs you can have a kernel.bin without Aeris related data.

The same goes for the scene.bin; delete data for enemies you won't fight on that disc.

If you want to see some hacking done to the PSX version, look at Armorvil or ARMs' YouTube videos (ARMs goes under the name SaintDragon666 there).

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-01-23 23:49:08 »
There is a solution to the kernel.bin size problem...

Just delete things you don't need on that disc, since you can put a different kernel.bin on each one. A lot of materia won't be needed on disc 1, so you don't need the data for that on that disc (certainly not the descriptions, which take up a lot of space). Nothing to do with Aeris will be needed on discs 2 and 3, so on those discs you can have a kernel.bin without Aeris related data.

The same goes for the scene.bin; delete data for enemies you won't fight on that disc.

If you want to see some hacking done to the PSX version, look at Armorvil or ARMs' YouTube videos (ARMs goes under the name SaintDragon666 there).

Thanks i never thought of this! so like all the huge materia descriptions can be deleted for disc 1 and that frees space for me to work with. Also if i rename something but it has the same letters it won't make a difference right?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-01-23 23:52:35 »
Quote from: ff7rules
so like all the huge materia descriptions can be deleted for disc 1 and that frees space for me to work with

I think so. I haven't actually tried this myself (so back everything up before you try it), but Armorvil says that he can delete things he doesn't need on that disc.

Also if i rename something but it has the same letters it won't make a difference right?

Do you mean if it has the same number of letters? I don't know whether it would make any difference; it it did, it wouldn't be much of one.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-01-24 00:14:22 »
so like all the huge materia descriptions can be deleted for disc 1 and that frees space for me to work with

I think so. I haven't actually tried this myself (so back everything up before you try it), but Armorvil says that he can delete things he doesn't need on that disc.

Also if i rename something but it has the same letters it won't make a difference right?

Do you mean if it has the same number of letters? I don't know whether it would make any difference; it it did, it wouldn't be much of one.

i just tried this and it works like a charm! thanks! and renaming them with the exact same amount of letters as they were doesn't change anything i tested it. Is there anyway to change to magic names and weapon names without hex editing them (assuming thats what you have to do) i doubt there is but ill never know untill i ask:P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-01-24 00:19:19 »
Not yet. Teioh can do that, but it only works with the PC version (because it has an extra file, called kernel2.bin, from which it gets all the names for weapons, magic etc). I imagine that one day WallMarket might be able to do those things.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: 2009-01-24 00:24:26 »
uhh...i'm pretty sure wallmarket can already do that for both versions.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-01-24 00:26:20 »
Not yet. Teioh can do that, but it only works with the PC version (because it has an extra file, called kernel2.bin, from which it gets all the names for weapons, magic etc). I imagine that one day WallMarket might be able to do those things.

Ok thank you for clearing that up and yeah i heard the pc version has no boundries so i might have to pick up a copy off eBay if i can find 1. I wonder where all the info for the weapons names and magics is stored in the psx version i might have a noisy and see if i can find it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-01-24 00:29:50 »

WallMarket 1.17 can edit key item texts, battle texts and summon attack names, but not weapons and magic names and descriptions.

Ok thank you for clearing that up and yeah i heard the pc version has no boundries so i might have to pick up a copy off eBay if i can find 1. I wonder where all the info for the weapons names and magics is stored in the psx version i might have a noisy and see if i can find it.

The PC version is far easier to mod, but it can be a b*tch to get working (after all, it was made for Windows 95).

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #14 on: 2009-01-24 00:33:20 »

WallMarket 1.17 can edit key item texts, battle texts and summon attack names, but not weapons and magic names and descriptions.

Wait...what? No one has ever said that doesn't work. It should be working. Is that something I need to address?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-01-24 00:35:18 »

The PC version is far easier to mod, but it can be a b*tch to get working (after all, it was made for Windows 95).

WINDOWS 95!! damn...... here i was thinking i wonder if my computer can run it.... that answers my question lol
i am gonna see if i can get a copy of the pc version been told its really rare though anyway im spamming now forgive me will post later tonight a video against Scorpion Destroyer (Guard Scorpion) but beefed up.... ALOT!

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-01-24 00:37:06 »

Wait...what? No one has ever said that doesn't work. It should be working. Is that something I need to address?

Forgive me for the Double post
I have the program open now and all you can mod is what Leighos mentioned. So we are suppose to be able to mod the magic names and weapons? If so it doesn't let you

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-01-24 00:40:00 »

?

It's not that those things aren't working, it's that there are no tabs for them. I only see tabs for key item texts, battle texts and summon attack names. I thought that those were the only things it was meant to be able to edit (ATM)  :?
« Last Edit: 2009-01-24 00:41:52 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-01-24 00:44:35 »

It's not that those things aren't working, it's that there are no tabs for them. I only see tabs for key item texts, battle texts and summon attack names. I thought that those were the only things it was meant to be able to edit (ATM)  :?

*Smacks head*

Try double clicking an item in wall market...... sorry NFITC1 im a retard....:P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-01-24 00:48:27 »
*Smacks head*

Try double clicking an item in wall market...... sorry NFITC1 im a retard.... :-P

Ahhh, that's how it works!

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #20 on: 2009-01-24 00:49:39 »
*Smacks head*

Try double clicking an item in wall market...... sorry NFITC1 im a retard....:P

Whew! You people scared me! :) Yes, you're supposed to double-click on the item or press "Enter" while it's focused and it'll bring up the Raw Data window. That's been around since version 1.0.0. That's where you can edit everything about the weapon/armor/item/accessory/command/materia. So yes. You CAN delete all this text from the kernel and make it smaller. I don't know if deleting the actual data is a good idea, but you can blank it out (make all the bytes FF) for the weapons/armors/materia that you can't get in Disc 1 so it will compress better.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-01-24 00:59:46 »
I don't feel as bad now i wasn't the only 1  :lol:

I appreciate your advice and help Leighos

anyway each character will now have a special "time" weapon im sure you can guess what it does but ill explain it anyway depending on time taken in the game that weapon will do the same damage as the time you have played i figured with the damage break limit patch this could be really usefull for later in the game dealing with some seriously beefed up enemies. Also im gonna leave naming the new summons to people on the boards so heres a list if you got a good name let me know.

Org Summon name         suggestions for new
DeathBlow!!                  Full speed ahead!
Diamond Dust                Queen of Ice
Hellfire                           Ashes to Ashes
Judgement Bolt             Heavenly Smite
Anger of the Land          Plants Protector

Thats ones i have so far.

thanks for the tip NFITIC1 i don't think ill delete the Raw data doesn't sound to heathly lol.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-24 01:01:58 by ff7rules »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #22 on: 2009-01-24 01:14:34 »
anyway each character will now have a special "time" weapon im sure you can guess what it does but ill explain it anyway depending on time taken in the game that weapon will do the same damage as the time you have played i figured with the damage break limit patch this could be really usefull for later in the game dealing with some seriously beefed up enemies.

I don't think the maximum allowed damage for that damage calculation is under 9999. It's 100 damage per hour and 1 damage per minute. Since the timer doesn't increase past 99:59:59 it may not do over 9959 damage. This is just speculation though.

Also im gonna leave naming the new summons to people on the boards so heres a list if you got a good name let me know.

Choco/Mog's and Alexander's names are good. The others sound needlessly wordy.

thanks for the tip NFITIC1 i don't think ill delete the Raw data doesn't sound to heathly lol.

Well that's a closer misspelling than most. ;) I don't think WM would work correctly if you actually DELETED the raw data, so that's certainly not healthy. :D If you try to delete the data using WM it's just going to become 00 anyway (which will compress just as good).

Oh yes, I'm still working on version 1.2.0 which will allow you to edit character growth and battle data, but script editing may not be what you expect...

ff7rules

• View Profile
anyway each character will now have a special "time" weapon im sure you can guess what it does but ill explain it anyway depending on time taken in the game that weapon will do the same damage as the time you have played i figured with the damage break limit patch this could be really usefull for later in the game dealing with some seriously beefed up enemies.

I don't think the maximum allowed damage for that damage calculation is under 9999. It's 100 damage per hour and 1 damage per minute. Since the timer doesn't increase past 99:59:59 it may not do over 9959 damage. This is just speculation though.

Also im gonna leave naming the new summons to people on the boards so heres a list if you got a good name let me know.

Choco/Mog's and Alexander's names are good. The others sound needlessly wordy.

Well that's a closer misspelling than most. ;) I don't think WM would work correctly if you actually DELETED the raw data, so that's certainly not healthy. :D If you try to delete the data using WM it's just going to become 00 anyway (which will compress just as good).

Oh yes, I'm still working on version 1.2.0 which will allow you to edit character growth and battle data, but script editing may not be what you expect...

Sorry about misspelling your name  :-P

i have some pics of the new Improved "pushover boss" its anything but in my patch it will kick your ass if you get careless.

well they say pictures speak a 1000 words so ill let them do the talking

so whats new you say
Tail Laser now renamed Counter Laser is now a definite avoid at all cost move see the last picture for damage result.
Scorpion Tail is now Tail attack and will deal out some serious damage.
Renamed Search Scope to Searching for Target i just think it sounds more realistic.
The Scorpion now holds a very useful item but its a bugger to get! so the option is there if you like to reap rewards item can change at anytime final won't necessarily be that weapon.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #24 on: 2009-01-24 11:49:59 »
i also found something very intersting that might be of GREAT help to me http://www.tales-cless.org/docs/thepsxdoc2.txt now if im correct and i can do this the kernal.bin size won't matter!

ALSO heres the break damage limit patch for psx Download it here :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDCB11VZ
Thanks very much for this!   :-)