Author Topic: Some project questions  (Read 6999 times)

aragonsr

Some project questions
« on: 2009-06-05 01:08:42 »
I have a few questions and some comments.

I am a C++ developer /w some game dev experience (academic), but very little reverse engineering experience. I am very interested in this project so I have the following questions.

1) It appears the source in svn is old. Why don't you guys check in your code into the repo? Or is there any work being done on the project anymore?

2) Can I start developing with you guys on the project if you guys are working on it?

3) I am concerned about the documentation. It is old and lacking in a lot of respects. I would like to help with this as much as I can as well. If anything, sort out the pdf file and move it over to the wiki for a central repository. I have a few useful additions that the wiki could use.

3.5) Consider Doxygen? I briefly looked through the svn repo and saw almost no comments. This could be a problem if you want to ensure the longevity of the project.

4) I personally would like to attack the PC version. I know you guys are focusing on the PSX version mainly, which is cool, but I'm mainly interested in the PC version. The main reason is because that is the version that I own. I'm sure our efforts could be merged.

5) I'm not sure what needs to be done or what has been done so far, which brings me to the next point: After briefly reviewing the pdf file and forums, it appears that the project doesn't really have a direction or a "todo" list that is suitable for a project of this size. Have you considered some sort of project management software? I know there are web based ones that would help probably.

What say you?

-Todd

ADX

• View Profile
Re: Some project questions
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-21 21:14:55 »
I'm also interested in, but I see no activity on Q-Gears projects. What's going on?

I'm a C/C++/C# developer, and would like to help.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-22 11:37:52 »
I'm also interested in, but I see no activity on Q-Gears projects. What's going on?

I'm a C/C++/C# developer, and would like to help.

Development now is very slow. If you want to help contact me via ICQ (175522907)
Or pm me with your mail and I send you lastest source.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-22 14:26:25 »
I've got one question on my own: will Q-Gears support the Japanese versions of the game at some point? Doing a fast test with the old version resulted in several text errors. I've seen the converted xml dialogues for the reactor scene, but it was all messed up in game.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-22 16:19:52 »
I've got one question on my own: will Q-Gears support the Japanese versions of the game at some point? Doing a fast test with the old version resulted in several text errors. I've seen the converted xml dialogues for the reactor scene, but it was all messed up in game.

It's already supports japanese and any language you want. I didn't made language font separation so it use only one font to render all languages.

This record in system.fontdef must create normal font for japanese characters.
Code: [Select]
FieldMessageText
{
    type        truetype
    source      meiryo.ttc
    size        8
    code_points 0-2000 8000-9000 12000-13000 20000-22000 31000-33000 65000-65535
}

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-03 14:00:54 »
I updated SVN with lastest source. And with a lot of other things (like reverse info).

aragonsr

« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-07 08:13:21 »
OK, thanks. I think keeping the updated source on svn is very useful for everyone.