Author Topic: DayZ anyone playing?  (Read 2585 times)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
DayZ anyone playing?
« on: 2012-07-22 23:09:37 »
I am playing this really sharp zombie survival game. You start with no weapons, no food or water in the middle of a post apocalyptic world. Your one goal is to live. You have loot towns for food and drinks, and eventually you'll be able to live off the land and such. It's much easier in groups because if you encounter bandits your're generally dead, because they shoot first. Where as survivors are not murders. (Depending if you are roleplaying or not.)

http://dayzmod.com/

It is a mod for Arma II, and it is far better than the base game ;P.
I am rather addicted to it myself. Anyone else playing? :).

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: DayZ anyone playing?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-22 23:29:55 »
I tried it yesterday with a friend of mine. After about a half hour, we still hadn't found each other, and I got tired and went to bed.

This game is crazy hard, and Arma II is crazy buggy. I can't wait to see this thing go standalone, and hopefully be a generally more stable experience.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-28 18:41:13 »
I want a game that is the opposite. I want to be a zombie in the beginning of the outbreak - where I have to try and avoid being eradicated by the humans and further spread the virus, until everyone zombies are the dominant species.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-07-29 04:24:44 »
I've not had a problem getting lost. Then again I am constantly consulting a map.

http://dayzdb.com/map#5.057.069

I have a whole team with my friends and we've raided towns, and half the fun is getting killed by bandits and zombies and running. It just gets your blood pumping. Sure it is frustrating, but you know what to expect going in.

I am sorry you weren't able to find your friend. They are ironing out the Arma II bugs with this mod actually. I really want to see it go stand alone as well ^_^.

And Opine that sounds like an interesting game concept! :D.