Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4869542 times)

FFman

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5650 on: 2017-07-30 15:29:17 »
The Mythril Mines, right after the Chobo Farm and the Marsh. There's a Side-passage with an 'odd' save point. Make sure to 'activate' it. Do not ignore it.

Thanks.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: 2017-07-30 17:38:31 »
Hey is the new threat 1.5 available on the 7th heaven and is it possilbe to play it with the menu overhaul and all of the other mods? or does it mess with the mod?

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: 2017-07-30 18:08:47 »
Ok, noticed another thing. I have two savefiles. The first is actual gameplay. The second is me throwing every item and materia into a party and messing around with things to see if I can spot any problems or neat tricks. Already spotted one problem with the "Slash-All" command (it will only let the player target enemies, even when equiped on Aerith with her healing staves), but I've just spotted another issue. The Gospel Spark item? It's not a usable 'battle' item at this point in time. It's listed as a drop in the Battle Square, and its item description is the same as when it was a workable battle item, but the item itself cannot be used in battle.

Konichu

• View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: 2017-07-30 18:20:49 »
Hey, just noticed something when you try steal something after stealing something successfully from X-ATM Scorpio in the Shinra HQ. I don't know if it's intended but ..
Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: 2017-07-30 19:26:55 by Konichu »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: 2017-07-30 18:35:03 »
Hey is the new threat 1.5 available on the 7th heaven and is it possilbe to play it with the menu overhaul and all of the other mods? or does it mess with the mod?

download the iro. library > import > select iro

and im playin with menu overhaul just fine so far. i had to do a complete clean install and use the ff7_bc.exe. make sure you follow the 7h suggested load order

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: 2017-07-30 20:12:58 »
Yeah! 1.5 is out. Feels like I've been waiting ages for this. So very excited.

SpurdoSparde

• View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: 2017-07-30 21:16:45 »
Question about the older version of NT (1.4 with the regular scripted final battle), how much HP is Keter Sephiroth supposed to have?
I was tracking his HP out of curiosity with cheat engine and it seemed to start at 130,000 or so, but it kept getting halved for some reason and I killed him with 6-7 casts of Tornado or so, right after he ascended for the first time. Does he really have less HP than in vanilla and cheat engine is just showing wrong values or is this a glitch? He really died WAY too fast, even for a fairly easy final boss.

Also, it feels like way too many things have elemental weaknesses (especially Earth) which makes casters insanely powerful, meanwhile I was having issues making physicals be worth it (even limits).

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: 2017-07-30 21:48:32 »
aeris cannot steal while equipped with a healing staff

striderjb

• View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: 2017-07-30 21:55:14 »
Hey Sega, would you recommend Normal or Arrange for a first time FF7 player who is very into customization, mix-max and difficulty in games? Thanks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: 2017-07-30 21:58:58 »
how many actions does it take to activate cloud's second wind?

i dont think it's procced yet?

It's something like 50 post-action ticks (actions from any actor).

Thanks Sega Chief for the mod. It's a pleasure to play it again.
I spotted something odd : instead of fightingh Heli gunner and its friend, the group of 3 (Aeris, Barret and Tifa) fights against Rufus and his dog. After that, Cloud has to beat Rufus too, exact same battle. I think a trigger went wrong here :)

When does the SP system is unlocked ?

Probably wrong battle ID; I must have put the wrong number into the script.

Ok, noticed another thing. I have two savefiles. The first is actual gameplay. The second is me throwing every item and materia into a party and messing around with things to see if I can spot any problems or neat tricks. Already spotted one problem with the "Slash-All" command (it will only let the player target enemies, even when equiped on Aerith with her healing staves), but I've just spotted another issue. The Gospel Spark item? It's not a usable 'battle' item at this point in time. It's listed as a drop in the Battle Square, and its item description is the same as when it was a workable battle item, but the item itself cannot be used in battle.

I'll get that flag ticked in the kernel; I re-did the kernel from scratch to fix the KOTR text issue.

Hey, just noticed something when you try steal something after stealing something successfully from X-ATM Scorpio in the Shinra HQ. I don't know if it's intended but ..
Spoiler: show

Text compression problem, it must have snuck in when I made the very last kernel changes to Cloud's innate. I'll go into the file and check all the text.

Question about the older version of NT (1.4 with the regular scripted final battle), how much HP is Keter Sephiroth supposed to have?
I was tracking his HP out of curiosity with cheat engine and it seemed to start at 130,000 or so, but it kept getting halved for some reason and I killed him with 6-7 casts of Tornado or so, right after he ascended for the first time. Does he really have less HP than in vanilla and cheat engine is just showing wrong values or is this a glitch? He really died WAY too fast, even for a fairly easy final boss.

Also, it feels like way too many things have elemental weaknesses (especially Earth) which makes casters insanely powerful, meanwhile I was having issues making physicals be worth it (even limits).

If his HP was halving then that might explain why people were finding him too easy in 1.4. As for elements, they can be used by physical attackers as well using Elemental Materia.

aeris cannot steal while equipped with a healing staff

I changed the target data for commands like Slash-All and Mug to counteract glitches people found when using these commands with certain weapons like Enemy Launcher. But I think I changed Enemy Launcher to just be a 'hit all enemies' weapon instead of 'hit everything' so maybe I can revert the target flags for slash-all and steal back to what they were for now.

Hey Sega, would you recommend Normal or Arrange for a first time FF7 player who is very into customization, mix-max and difficulty in games? Thanks.

Normal mode.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: 2017-07-30 22:06:44 »
Fixed the listed issues (putting patch together), but there's another that was raised in a PM that I need to check.

Last issue was identified, but it's a compatibility issue with save files going from 1.4 to 1.5. Going to add a handler for backward compatibility then upload the patched version.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-30 22:20:00 by Sega Chief »

striderjb

• View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: 2017-07-30 22:30:28 »
Normal mode.

Awesome, thanks. Is that because Arrange is too hard? Is it balanced "worse"? Or just requires you to know where all the items are and stuff?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: 2017-07-30 22:33:13 »
Arrange is a bit harder; it ups enemy level and remixes some of the encounters/enemy mechanics. I think it'd be a better experience playing NT for the first time on normal because it's more tightly balanced around a curve while Arrange will have more 'spikes'.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: 2017-07-30 22:38:09 »
my first game over to rubicante gt

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: 2017-07-30 22:39:23 »
Remember that Aeris can absorb it using Defend, you should have some Elemental Materia as well for the other two party members. That or a Tranquiliser for a 30% reduction should make things safer.

Dongs McGee

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5665 on: 2017-07-30 23:14:34 »
Which save point was this problem encountered on?

In the vents before the Sector 5(?) reactor.  After you jump off the train, before you get to the reactor itself.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: 2017-07-30 23:21:47 »
In the vents before the Sector 5(?) reactor.  After you jump off the train, before you get to the reactor itself.

Right, I'll check them out.

Regarding the 1.5 issues found so far, that's the patched files uploaded.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: 2017-07-30 23:52:24 »
am i not being vigilant enough or did midgar not have much of loots?

realizing i dont have any protect vests or any of the status preventing accessories i could swear you had in previous versions by the time you left midgar

also if anybody knows where you can first obtain a power wrist let me know so i dont miss it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: 2017-07-30 23:53:45 »
am i not being vigilant enough or did midgar not have much of loots?

realizing i dont have any protect vests or any of the status preventing accessories i could swear you had in previous versions by the time you left midgar

also if anybody knows where you can first obtain a power wrist let me know so i dont miss it.

It'll be due to the hundred gunner arrange fight not triggering properly; that drops a Protect Vest. As for the others like Power Wrist I think they're acquired later; Yin/Yang might have one (and an Earring).

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: 2017-07-30 23:58:36 »
Noticed mk2 download, so no hotfixes? I gotta download the whole mod again then?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: 2017-07-30 23:59:36 »
I can upload hotfixes if bandwidth is an issue; I just replaced the installer because of how close it's been since initial release.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: 2017-07-31 00:02:57 »
Nah that's fine but can I just slap this over my current install? or do I need to do it from scratch?

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: 2017-07-31 00:10:47 »
It'll be due to the hundred gunner arrange fight not triggering properly; that drops a Protect Vest. As for the others like Power Wrist I think they're acquired later; Yin/Yang might have one (and an Earring).

but im playing on normal. and i still didnt get a protect vest.

http://imgur.com/a/AiOe3

gunner fight loots
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 00:14:04 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: 2017-07-31 00:16:14 »
Nah that's fine but can I just slap this over my current install? or do I need to do it from scratch?

You can put it over the current install like it was a hotfix patch.

but im playing on normal. and i still didnt get a protect vest.

http://imgur.com/a/AiOe3

gunner fight loots

Must be because the fight is in two parts; I assumed all three items would drop but looks like I was wrong.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: 2017-07-31 00:17:49 »
OK great, thanks Chief.