Author Topic: Timu Sumisu's WIP/Release thread. BARRET RELEASED!!! 07/09/09  (Read 165075 times)

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
A nice style of texturing that that might look good was cell shading see slayersnext cloud for an example.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6617.msg105111#msg105111

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
that is the dissidia model and texture, which style i am immitating to some extent. as to the edges, that doubles the poly count, and is rather inneffecient. we'll see how the texture goes as i work on it more.

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
Best of luck have to say im looking forward to seeing this, even though I think APZ has done a excellent job with his Cloud I much prefer this kind of style.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
MOAR! I'm fairly content with the face, if ye have ne other suggestions for it shoot, i'm gonna start working on neck n ears.

secondadvent

• View Profile
that last one makes cloud look like he is going to rip somebody a new one... those look great  :-).

aaronlite

• View Profile
maybe make the pupil a tiny bit larger? idk something just seems off bout the pupil. Looks nice though. :D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
i made it a lot taller, so that it would pass the top of the eye, but didnt make it a bunch wider. I find it looks fairly intense right now, i may mess with it more.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
wow such facial expression!!!
 :-o

....Like he's gonna battle anyone right now!...Scary... :oops:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
k i had a real bad time trying to paint up some hair from scratch, largely due to having bad color selection, (only unwrapped one spike to test, nehow) all that got scrapped, and i messed with the vertex paints. These arnt final colors, just playing to see good combos. and to show you guys what the hair could look liek with more color in it. (just wanna show off what i did with it :P)

This last picture focuses one on spike i think has the best color for the hair

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Haha, Clouds a ginger.

I jest.

aaronlite

• View Profile
Hair looks good, besides the color obv. :P

His face looks aged too much or something though, idk. Looks good still though.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
I'm kind of going for the oldschool cloud, none of the effeminate, emo bullcrap. i'm talkin back when he was badass, and "not interested". he's 21, older than most FF heroes.

He has a youthful complexion, but angular, rigid features. I could tone it down, but i think it fits, and it needs to be slightly exagerated to read well ingame.

EDIT:
On that note, once i'm finished the head, i'll import just that to see how it feels'works ingame.

obesebear

• View Profile
I'm kind of going for the oldschool cloud, none of the effeminate, emo bullcrap. i'm talkin back when he was badass, and "not interested".
Thank you

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
k i had a real bad time trying to paint up some hair from scratch, largely due to having bad color selection, (only unwrapped one spike to test, nehow) all that got scrapped, and i messed with the vertex paints. These arnt final colors

@hermoor
Read the posts

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
no... i drew that start to finish

EDIT:

proof!

« Last Edit: 2009-09-24 04:09:12 by timu sumisu »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Looks epic :D
He does look slightly weird though, but it's something i cant put my finger on...
maybe its the eyes... the wrinkles around the bottom and such are a little too thick possibly. see what it looks like when they're thinner?

aaronlite

• View Profile
of course not! silly harruzame

EDIT:

more progress..

I think you should tone the bags like in the post I just quoted. It doesn't look fem either, just makes him not look so old. :P Just suggestion

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
I think you should tone the bags like in the post I just quoted. It doesn't look fem either, just makes him not look so old. :P Just suggestion
YES! thats the problem, he's too wrinkle-y to be 21 :P

squallff8

• View Profile
no... i drew that start to finish

EDIT:

proof!

Your new eyes loks like as glass...IMHO :|

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Cloud's eyes are supposed to have a mild tint of green in them... I see that in the dissidia eyes, but not in yours, I'm afraid..

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
the colors i used were directly from the originals ^_^ I may play with the colors a bit but i kinda like em now

EDIT:

more face work
« Last Edit: 2009-09-24 19:12:28 by timu sumisu »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm kind of going for the oldschool cloud, none of the effeminate, emo bullcrap. i'm talkin back when he was badass, and "not interested".
Thank you

This. Cloud ain't no whinyass bishie :-P

Although I must agree that his hair looks a bit too ginger ATM, and his pupils look like those of a cat :-o

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
hermoor.... did you play ff7?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Oh, I've just remembered something else... :lol:

Will you be making the transitions between the different colours in his eyes smoother eventually? ATM they are very distinct blocks of colour that don't look natural.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
like this?