Author Topic: FF7 - No sound effects in reactor FMV  (Read 3820 times)

marcjfarmer

FF7 - No sound effects in reactor FMV
« on: 2010-04-10 00:49:40 »
Hey everyone,
I am trying to play Final Fantasy VII on Windows 7, via backed up ISO files from my friends very old, very scratched disks. I have downloaded the v1.02 patch, and Aali's custom driver, and of course the laptop keyboard patch. The game runs perfectly up until the end of the point when you have to escape the No.1 reactor. Once the FMV graphics start up for the big explosion, there are meant to be sound effects, but it seems that there is no sound at all. My sound does not return until I first meet Aeris (or Flower Girl, as she is known at that point). I have not played the game beyond this point, as if this is a recurring problem with the FMVs then I would rather sort it beforehand!
I am running off an Intel Atom @ 1.66Ghz. My graphics are run by Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 315-, and my sound is run by Realtek High Definition Audio.
Sorry if someone has already posted something similar, but I wasn't sure if solutions posted for other peoples' set ups would work for me!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 - No sound effects in reactor FMV
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-10 01:19:07 »
Known problem with running the game in Windows Vista or Windows 7. Only real solution at this point is to use FF7Music.

I don't feel like digging up a link to it right now, though.

marcjfarmer

Re: FF7 - No sound effects in reactor FMV
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-10 13:45:50 »
That's OK, I had a feeling it was going to come to that. Thanks anyway!