Author Topic: Cover Animation ID...?  (Read 3634 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Cover Animation ID...?
« on: 2009-07-22 20:30:05 »
Hey, I was wondering if anybody knew what the animation ID was for the "cover" animation.
Moreover, is it even the same for every character? I understand that if all of the main party characters don't have the same animations in the same order, their ID's wouldn't necessarily match up.

What I'm trying to do is modify the party characters' AI, so that the party members perform their cover animation while defending.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 04:16:21 by titeguy3 »

Akari

• View Profile
Re: Cover Animation ID...?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-23 04:05:10 »
Hey, I was wondering if anybody knew what the animation ID was for the "cover" animation.
Moreover, is it even the same for every character? I understand that if all of the main party characters don't have the same animations in the same order, their ID's wouldn't necessarily match up.

I would use the "DEBUG" (A0) opcode to just pop it off the stack and display it in the console, but PrC spazzes out every time i try to use that opcode (it jumbles up the text).

Thanks.

I can say for sure that "cover" action are set by action id. The animation itself set in action script that determinated by action ai. But I don't know for sure if animation id used in this scripts are the same.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-23 04:11:53 »
Okay, this is getting more complicated, I've been trying to figure this out by modifying cloud's "IdleAnimID" (4080h) in Wallmarket and seeing which one gives me cover...and no matter what I change it to, Cloud grows to about twice his normal size. Furthermore, if i try to change his DamageAnimID (4088h) nothing seems to happen. I'm starting to think that player characters' scripts don't work the same way as enemy scripts...

Update:
Code: [Select]
If ( (Self.PerformedAction == 19) )
{
Self.IdleAnimID? <- Self.IdleAnimID?
}
SCRIPT END
this, makes cloud grow to twice his size when he defends, and I can't fathom why....
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 04:22:42 by titeguy3 »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-23 12:34:18 »
Okay, this is getting more complicated, I've been trying to figure this out by modifying cloud's "IdleAnimID" (4080h) in Wallmarket and seeing which one gives me cover...and no matter what I change it to, Cloud grows to about twice his normal size. Furthermore, if i try to change his DamageAnimID (4088h) nothing seems to happen. I'm starting to think that player characters' scripts don't work the same way as enemy scripts...

Update:
Code: [Select]
If ( (Self.PerformedAction == 19) )
{
Self.IdleAnimID? <- Self.IdleAnimID?
}
SCRIPT END
this, makes cloud grow to twice his size when he defends, and I can't fathom why....

+10 []       init with 0. Set 0x10 during player init. Idle action id.
+11 []       init with 5 in case of player. Init with 1 in case of enemy. Hurt action id.

This is action id, not animation id. But I don't remember how it used.