Author Topic: New member, please advise  (Read 2327 times)

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
New member, please advise
« on: 2011-07-01 22:16:21 »
Hi.
For starters, I only discovered this a couple days ago and I am absolutely in love with this community and all mods and projects that come out of it.
Second, I promise that I tried to find answers through the search function and various sticky threads before posting this question. I can't promise I did a good job of reading everything I saw, but I did my best. So if I'm asking something that's been asked and answered elsewhere before, I apologize. I also apologize if this thread itself is in entirely the wrong place.

Now, my actual question. I'm not the least bit skilled at programming, so is there a place on these forums or elsewhere for people like me to request a mod, explore its feasibility or anyone's interest in it, or ask (after doing my best search, of course) if such already exists?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: New member, please advise
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-02 04:07:02 »
I feel ya!
I've already asked for people's favorite mods.
I also have a tutorial in the works documenting how I installed all said mods.

Some of this stuff requires skills in assembly.
I'm Doomed . . . 30 . . . 29 . . .

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-02 17:31:18 »
First of all, welcome. We're pretty big on first impressions here and yours is positive. Keep that up and you'll have little problem being treated fairly.

Now, as to requests, there's really not a good place for them because not a lot have been explicitly made. If you do have a request, it's probably safer to put it in General discussion and prefix the subject with "[Request]". I believe that's how WallMarket got started (that's my prog btw), but that was nearly three years ago and things have changed a bit since then. If nothing else, someone will be able to direct you to someone who knows how to do what you want done. Be polite about the request or you'll get a lot of "why don't you do it yourself?"s.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-02 19:29:22 »
Welcome to the forum! :)