Author Topic: Project Edge (Jusete's field scenes)  (Read 400906 times)

rinaldus

• View Profile
Re: Project Edge (Jusete's field scenes)
« Reply #750 on: 2020-04-23 20:51:41 »
Using 7th Heaven Mod Manager 2.0 and looks like the Team Avalanche field textures from Miscellaneous aren't completely up to date for me either. Jusete's nmkin_1, elevtr, as well as nmking_2 from this thread don't seem to be loading for me, and I have it at the very top of the load order. Most everything else that's in this thread seems to be intact and present. Anyway that it's possible my iro isn't updating?

Apart from that, holy damn Jusete, your work in absolutely incredible, as is everything else I have seen from Team Avalanche. You all have done such an incredible job. Modding FFVII for the first time ever right now, and it has been so magical getting to see this game I love so much with a fresh coat of paint. Keep up the great work!

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #751 on: 2020-04-26 20:37:07 »
Need to update the first post and the iro. Sorry but I've been a bit busy and couldn't even seat in Front of my computer. I'll try to do it during next week.

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2020-04-27 13:58:14 »
No worries!! I was just wondering if I had an outdated iro or something. Thanks a ton for the response and no rush getting to it. Very excited to see other fields from you.

Also... Do you have another method of taking donations outside of PayPal? I'd love to donate, but PayPal's no good for me. Venmo on the otherhand...

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #753 on: 2020-04-27 16:44:28 »
 I only have PayPal and Revolut ATM.  :P

Ldy_Death

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2020-04-28 02:44:31 »
Thank you so much for making this mod. The backgrounds are amazing. I can't wait to see in a future Nibelheim and the Shinra manor.

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2020-04-28 05:22:59 »
I only have PayPal and Revolut ATM.  :P

Ah damn. Well, if you ever get a venmo(Or patreon) set up, I'll be quick to send you some donations. Paypal just does not work for me unfortunately  :(

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #756 on: 2020-04-29 13:40:25 »
Using 7th Heaven Mod Manager 2.0 and looks like the Team Avalanche field textures from Miscellaneous aren't completely up to date for me either. Jusete's nmkin_1, elevtr, as well as nmking_2 from this thread don't seem to be loading for me, and I have it at the very top of the load order. Most everything else that's in this thread seems to be intact and present. Anyway that it's possible my iro isn't updating?

Apart from that, holy damn Jusete, your work in absolutely incredible, as is everything else I have seen from Team Avalanche. You all have done such an incredible job. Modding FFVII for the first time ever right now, and it has been so magical getting to see this game I love so much with a fresh coat of paint. Keep up the great work!

It's not going to have the most recent updates at all times (but most of the time it will). Sorry about that :|

Jusete doesn't have release versions/dates, so I can't accurately put information in the release notes section of 7H when a new field is added. The best I could do is list them, adding the new field to the list each time, but I don't think the average user is going to know how to come to this thread and check for anything newer.

And I will be honest...I've been working on Qhimm Catalog for many years, and it's taken its toll on me. I am exhausted trying to keep up with ongoing projects (there are many) and keeping them all constantly updated. It's not a simple matter of downloading, dropping them in, uploading and calling it a day. It takes a lot more work/time for just a single mod, let alone dozens of ongoings.

I really want the Qhimm Catalog and Mods of the Round to merge into a single database that the mod authors can access and update on their own. That way I could spend more time on testing proper load orders and writing compilation guides for people to safely load and play.

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #757 on: 2020-04-30 14:08:28 »
nmkin_3 WIP

« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 09:27:07 by jusete »

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2020-04-30 16:45:57 »
It's not going to have the most recent updates at all times (but most of the time it will). Sorry about that :|

Jusete doesn't have release versions/dates, so I can't accurately put information in the release notes section of 7H when a new field is added. The best I could do is list them, adding the new field to the list each time, but I don't think the average user is going to know how to come to this thread and check for anything newer.

And I will be honest...I've been working on Qhimm Catalog for many years, and it's taken its toll on me. I am exhausted trying to keep up with ongoing projects (there are many) and keeping them all constantly updated. It's not a simple matter of downloading, dropping them in, uploading and calling it a day. It takes a lot more work/time for just a single mod, let alone dozens of ongoings.

I really want the Qhimm Catalog and Mods of the Round to merge into a single database that the mod authors can access and update on their own. That way I could spend more time on testing proper load orders and writing compilation guides for people to safely load and play.

Oh wow. I did not realize exactly how much work you personally had to do for these iros. And the work Jusete and anyone else with their own iro has to do in order to update. Sorry if I at all came across as impatient. The work you and all the modders on this site do is incredible and can imagine staying silently motivated to keep working and updating things must be tough. Take your time, and best of luck to you figuring out a solution that can give you time and resources back, and make your life all around easier. Don't crush your mental health with this stuff for our sake. We appreciate all that you and the very dedicated modders have done so far.

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2020-04-30 17:57:22 »

That is a problem. As a developer u should provide a platform or a possibility to ensure, the modder themselves could easily add their stuff. Have u written an manual for the modders to create their own IRO/Mods packets? It is not your thing to collect all the mods/changes from different threads/sites and then adding them to an existing or not existing IRO File. That is the thing of the modders (normally). U provide just the program! U are Windows or Linux. U don't make pictures, movies, personal data etc!The user does!

The most modders provide their creations as lgp files or as direct files. I like the IRO Files for the structure. U can easily see, which files are for what. Each thing (model) has his own folder. So, if i want to change the Cloud model, i look into the folder with the name "cloud..." and copy these files.

For comparison:
If I download the packets from for example ninostyle i can't say, which file does what. I see only hundreds of files and doesn't know what is for what. A great issue if u are looking for a single character model. That is of course a great deal for the modder, but not for the user.

Maybe you all find a solution for this.  :)

Edit://

I created an IRO with all finished files:

https://finalfantasy.german-syslinux-blog.de/FF7/Field-Scene-Packets/

I will update the package every time a new scene is available. I doing this for the database the whole time. So this is no much more work for me. All modders are named in the readme.

Why many different projects (Iros), if the user want the whole field scene competition? Yep, not necessary. Each modder has his own thread and on the database site are all donation links for each one.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 17:20:50 by SoulEvan »

rinaldus

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2020-04-30 19:44:48 »
Whoa, holy crap, SoulEvan, thanks so much! I'm adding this to 7H right away!!
How do I give you karma for this? I'm still new as heck to these forums!

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2020-04-30 19:46:41 »
Your "Thank you" is enough. Don't need imaginary Karma.  ;D

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2020-04-30 20:08:45 »

Thank you very much for your work. It is hugely appreciated.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #763 on: 2020-05-02 00:28:37 »
That is a problem. As a developer u should provide a platform or a possibility to ensure, the modder themselves could easily add their stuff. Have u written an manual for the modders to create their own IRO/Mods packets? It is not your thing to collect all the mods/changes from different threads/sites and then adding them to an existing or not existing IRO File. That is the thing of the modders (normally). U provide just the program! U are Windows or Linux. U don't make pictures, movies, personal data etc!The user does!

The most modders provide their creations as lgp files or as direct files. I like the IRO Files for the structure. U can easily see, which files are for what. Each thing (model) has his own folder. So, if i want to change the Cloud model, i look into the folder with the name "cloud..." and copy these files.

For comparison:
If I download the packets from for example ninostyle i can't say, which file does what. I see only hundreds of files and doesn't know what is for what. A great issue if u are looking for a single character model. That is of course a great deal for the modder, but not for the user.

Maybe you all find a solution for this :)

Yes, I understand and agree. It’s why I made my last statement about creating a single database for the modders to have access for uploading.

I’ve been around for nearly 10 years now. I started with PitBrat and Bootleg Configurator, which gave users the option to freely choose their mod setup before installing. Then Iros came along and created 7H, serving the same purpose as Bootleg but faster and without modifying our game files. The idea of centralizing mods to one database has always been here, but it’s been maintained by only a handful of Qhimm members. I’m the only one that has stuck around, and I’m exhausted trying to maintain.

The idea of having a freely accessible database for modders to upload/update is in the works. It will be happening hopefully this year :)

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2020-05-04 20:21:37 »
That's great. :)

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2020-05-05 00:49:02 »
The idea of having a freely accessible database for modders to upload/update is in the works. It will be happening hopefully this year :)

This is fantastic! It'll make your life much easier, and it'll mean that the 7th Heaven catalogue will get udpated at a faster pace. Everybody wins!

benitobennet

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2020-05-06 22:16:37 »
I find you very brave to redo all the fields given the number that there are about 700 how many have been made and ends up to this day less than 100 I think. and how long will it take you to finish one? how much do you do per month on average because I think some months you do less than others and vice versa.my question or my, would it be how many years will you spend to redo the totality of the fields because by admitting that you already made about 100 of them and that in total there must be about 700 of them can be less if have counted the double fields and always assuming that you do 1 per week so 4 per month those which makes 48 per year it will take you 12 years to complete this project of course this is only a calculation based on what you have already done knowing that I don't know the date you started, how long it takes you to do 1, or what the average frequency is.

Finally all to say, that it will take you a long time to finalize this project which is in my opinion one of the biggest seen to date may be that I am wrong. So a big thank you to you but to all those who contribute to modeling FF7 and thank you for making the community benefit from it a big respect to you you do the excellent work I wish you continued on this path. if the heaviness of the work you barely take rest change your ideas and come back to it once the head is empty don't forget that you have a life nearby.

« Last Edit: 2020-05-06 22:22:29 by benitobennet »

kilyan

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2020-05-06 22:46:59 »
hi, should be this FFVII HD FIELD SCENES used in conjunction with  [4x upscale]project edge? they are complimentary or different things? which one should di use?

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2020-05-07 00:41:47 »
As far as I know, the [4x Upscale] project edge package is a downscaled version of the original. He shrank the original field scenes to 1K resolution, because some user had problems with the higher resolution ones. The original scenes are mostly in 2K+. I don't know, if the [4x Upscale] project edge contains ALL of the field scenes or just the field scenes from jusete. Don't know.

The FFVII HD FIELD SCENES package are the unmodified original scenes from all modders so far, not just from the user jusete.

So, in conclusion, u don't need the team avalanche field scene packet, nor the [4x Upscale] project edge packet or the normal project edge packet, when u use the FFVII HD FIELD SCENES package. It's all in this single package in 2K+.

Decide yourself.  8)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-07 00:49:28 by SoulEvan »

kilyan

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2020-05-07 04:38:25 »
As far as I know, the [4x Upscale] project edge package is a downscaled version of the original. He shrank the original field scenes to 1K resolution, because some user had problems with the higher resolution ones. The original scenes are mostly in 2K+. I don't know, if the [4x Upscale] project edge contains ALL of the field scenes or just the field scenes from jusete. Don't know.

The FFVII HD FIELD SCENES package are the unmodified original scenes from all modders so far, not just from the user jusete.

So, in conclusion, u don't need the team avalanche field scene packet, nor the [4x Upscale] project edge packet or the normal project edge packet, when u use the FFVII HD FIELD SCENES package. It's all in this single package in 2K+.

Decide yourself.  8)

ok i try this one than, thx for response

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #770 on: 2020-05-08 18:21:53 »
nmkin_3 done!
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 09:27:22 by jusete »

kilyan

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2020-05-08 19:30:10 »
 :mrgreen:

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2020-05-08 19:39:30 »
What a beauty. Love the colors.  ;D

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2020-05-08 19:58:42 »
Marvellous!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #774 on: 2020-05-09 04:57:09 »
nmkin_3 done!

Spot on!

EDIT: I just want to remind you Jusete you rock.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 09:27:38 by jusete »