Author Topic: Trolling Thread: For all your trolling needs  (Read 39327 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Trolling Thread: For all your trolling needs
« Reply #50 on: 2011-03-26 00:43:41 »
Didn't bother reading this embarrassment of a thread (the trolling parts) so I'll just say one thing: Some people can really get into discussions as these.

I should read up on it to see why and what lead to these events. I'm afraid that by doing so, I would feel the need to punch myself in the gut for being all interested in a thread in which is calling certain people out.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: 2011-03-26 00:49:16 »
I really like reverse-engineering Squaresoft RPGs.

If only there were a forum where we could discuss it :(
« Last Edit: 2011-03-26 00:51:28 by Bosola »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011-03-26 00:54:12 »
I should read up on it to see why and what lead to these events. I'm afraid that by doing so, I would feel the need to punch myself in the gut for being all interested in a thread in which is calling certain people out.

I wouldn't recommend it, if for no other reason than the fact that you're unlikely to find any enlightenment. I suspect a lot of what has gone on here is a result of people bringing up deep resentments that they'd kept silent up until now, and keeping onto old grudges.

And a lot of the shitstorm stems from people confusing me with someone else.

I really like reverse-engineering Squaresoft RPGs.

If only there were a forum where we could discuss it :(

Have you tried facepunch?

I personally wish there were some way for people to go to their profile, click on the "ignore board options" link, tick the "completely unrelated" box and change their profile. Then they wouldn't have to see anything they didn't want to see.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #53 on: 2011-03-26 00:58:11 »
I personally wish there were some way for people to go to their profile, click on the "ignore board options" link, tick the "completely unrelated" box and change their profile. Then they wouldn't have to see anything they didn't want to see.
You can do that? Wow, I did not know that; not that I would do it anyway to begin with. I'd rather just go about my business and do something else. It is not like "OMG I must read this!" ha.  ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011-03-26 01:06:27 »
Fatality rate per billion passenger miles traveled
Car (most dangerous)
Airplane
Bus
Train (safest)

Let's say that those are correct... they still show that the claim "Planes are the safest form of transport" is dubious to say the least, which is my main problem with the aviation authority and people who claim planes as safest.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011-03-26 01:09:02 »
Let's say that those are correct... they still show that the claim "Planes are the safest form of transport" is dubious to say the least, which is my main problem with the aviation authority and people who claim planes as safest.

Not long ago, you were vehemently arguing that planes were more dangerous than cars. Now you're content to say merely that they are not the most safe method of transport. That's an interesting change in your argument. Could it be that you are considering the possibility that you were wrong?
« Last Edit: 2011-03-26 01:12:52 by Kudistos Megistos »

Jari

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011-03-26 01:19:32 »
Seriously, you  need to learn to get your fun elsewhere.  This is a bit basic.  You have both got to such a point that you don't even care how obvious your trolling is...  it has become second nature to you.  While we are at it, trolling is a mental disorder and is strongly linked to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

In other words it makes you awful, bitter people; delighting in the trouble you cause.   All you serve to teach us in this thread is that you are not nice people and are both mentally disturbed.  Usually stems from childhood and upbringing.

Hey, you didn't say anything about winding people up! I am disappointed now. :/

A familiar pattern around here is the ones who don't contribute anything to FF7 are the same ones who go round trolling.  Always stuck in this section bringing up as many things as possible to get a reaction.  It is sad...  but not surprising that Kud is a regular over at 4chan.  :mrgreen:

So, contributing something to FF8 doesn't qualify? Drats, I knew I picked the wrong game. :|

The whole point of the statistical slant was to show that people who quote "Planes are the safest" are basing it on dodgy stats; parroting the propaganda and brainwashing that is peddled by the media and aviation, and that a fairer stat is the deaths by JOURNEY NUMBER.  I don't think anyone here feels safer knowing that they are more likely to die in a plane by journey number and instead think "oh well, by miles travelled I am...so...I will just think of happy thoughts.  It's gonna be a goooooood day.".  That would be crazy.  The reason the aviation use that stat is because it looks good (honestly, that's obvious).  The reason the insurers use the death by journey number is because it is a more faithful statistic.  Yes I said more faithful, not perfect.

Oh, fucking Jesus H Christ; on what God-forbidden grounds can you compare two methods of transportation that are as far apart as driving and flying using number of journeys? I believe Kudi-chan explained to you earlier why it makes no sense at all. Unless, of course, you indeed fly as often as you drive. Very, very few people do that.

I would also like to add that given the choice of death, most of us would like the sharp fast death of car. If something goes wrong in a plane, generally you will be alive for a long time, in utter panic the likes of which you cannot conceive.  You are placing your life in the hands of a human operator, and hence most accidents in plane are human error related.  I am afraid that human error does exist on plane.. it doesn't just stop because the Aviation's dodgy stats say so.

Hate to tell you this, but most traffic accidents don't kill you. They, however, might leave you disabled for the rest of your life. Plane crashes on the other hand have a pretty high and nice fatality rate.

And assuming you drive on public roads, you are rather likely to encounter other drivers, not to mention cyclists and pedestrians. Who usually also tend to be people. Each and any of those can cause an accident. Most of them don't have anywhere near the training an average pilot has, or even much of a screening.

I did not manipulate any statistics, as I did not compile the stats, I merely stated them.  The fact is, kud is just trolling and I would wager in direct conversation with his buddy, the lunatic Jari.   

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't had direct contact with Kudi-chan for quite a few months. Unlike some people who seem to use rather high-schoolish methods of rallying up a gang via PMs, I don't think I need such tactics. I can hold my own just fine without a brigade of my own. I suspect Kudi-chan feels the same way. :)

We are never going back to the old days so move on.  :o

So.... why exactly do you edit your old posts, then?

I probably shouldn't have posted that picture, but what's done is done.  However, I think you do realize your bias and just want an argument.

But do you and SL realize your bias?

Not that I'd be complaining, I find it rather hilarious, being a big fan of hypocrites and all. :) I'm just curious whether it's intentional or not - because it is there. :)

Or he's trying to keep order in the forum that no longer needs, or wants you.  Sorry you're not terribly important to us, must have you questioning your self worth, considering you keep coming back.

I find this amusing, given the fact that you yourself said that you'd leave the forums a few weeks ago and said that you aren't important.

Then changed your mind five minutes later.

Mako talked me into staying, don't think it's of free will.

Oh, it's not free will?

Did she tie you up and prevent you from deleting your account?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011-03-26 01:29:19 »
Not long ago, you were vehemently arguing that planes were more dangerous than cars.
-------

Several times I reinforced the statement that "at best" planes are "no more safe" and I said "They definitely are not the safest [overall]"

You should keep up.  I retracted the implication that "cars are definitely safer", as that was never really my problem.  My problem is that the aviation authority parrots the "safest" and so do people brainwashed into believing it.  There is nothing left to say on this.  I have made it clear.

Also, depending on which set of official stats you use (3 are compiled and I sent them), you get vastly different outcomes.  I personally believe death by journey number is fairer and so do aviation insurers.

You can try to prolong this if you wish, but there is nothing left to prolong, only your trolling. :P Have fun!
« Last Edit: 2011-03-26 01:32:56 by DLPB »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: 2011-03-26 01:32:20 »
Quote from: Best and greatest, protector of visitors

On a serious note, why doesn't this board have an ignore function?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011-03-26 01:33:18 »

It does doesn't it?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011-03-26 01:33:32 »
Funny Jari that you still insist that I am biased since I just moderated someone who i regularly talk to for an attack on someone who I am clearly 'biased' against.  :roll:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2011-03-26 01:36:11 »

It does, its in your profile.

Jari

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011-03-26 01:42:03 »
Funny Jari that you still insist that I am biased since I just moderated someone who i regularly talk to for an attack on someone who I am clearly 'biased' against.  :roll:

Oh, absolutely. Because you are.

Unless you are operating on a some kind of scale; do one biased thing, do one unbiased thing = problem solved, they negate each other! I don't think it works like that, and I doubt you do, either. :)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2011-03-26 01:44:31 »
You should keep up.  I retracted the statement that "cars are definitely safer", as that was never really my problem.

Really? Because it seemed that that was exactly your problem. That was the point we were arguing about. Don't deny it, because your posts are right there.

And if you edit them, you'll just incriminate yourself further.

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't had direct contact with Kudi-chan for quite a few months. Unlike some people who seem to use rather high-schoolish methods of rallying up a gang via PMs, I don't think I need such tactics. I can hold my own just fine without a brigade of my own. I suspect Kudi-chan feels the same way. :)

Indeed. We're both big boys who can look after ourselves.

Seifie-kun, before making up conspiracy theories about Jari and I being in cahoots, you should look at the amount of times I have had an argument with someone and Jari has not involved himself. And vice versa. These incidents vastly outnumber the occasions when we both argue together. That last set of occasions only occurs when we both happen to agree on something and both feel strongly about it. Sowwy, there's no conspiracy :-(

http://borgborg.org/lulz-u-made-a-funni.jpg

Aw shucks. Well, I do try 8)

This is true, and I am pleased that you kept to your word.

However, the general tendency during this flame war has been to take the side of Seifer, assume that I am trolling and blame me for his overreactions. As I said earlier, to avoid saying anything that another member would not like just to keep the peace is simply appeasement. And, of course, appeasement does not prevent war; it merely postpones it and makes it worse when it finally happens. You can't treat some members as protected species.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011-03-26 02:00:09 »

This is true, and I am pleased that you kept to your word.

However, the general tendency during this flame war has been to take the side of Seifer, assume that I am trolling and blame me for his overreactions. As I said earlier, to avoid saying anything that another member would not like just to keep the peace is simply appeasement. And, of course, appeasement does not prevent war; it merely postpones it and makes it worse when it finally happens. You can't treat some members as protected species.
[/quote]

Nobody is 'protected' around here, save for admins that are rarely here. Like i said before I have nothing against an argument. Only attacks. If you noticed I didnt even post anything in here before that. I dont care who is right or not. You attacked him first, hence you were warned first. Apparently this makes me DLPB's personal bodyguard. He was also warned that what he said was not ok either. Cupcake was moderated for what he said. Anyone else that says something will be as well, the rules apply to everyone.

Oh, absolutely. Because you are.

Unless you are operating on a some kind of scale; do one biased thing, do one unbiased thing = problem solved, they negate each other! I don't think it works like that, and I doubt you do, either. :)

Everyone has recieved what they deserve in my opinion. My conscience is clear. Except for you maybe. Yet you were Qhimm's friend, so maybe you have protected status as well.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2011-03-26 02:13:07 »
Why oh why do we care this much about whether planes are safer than cars or not?

To answer my own question: We don't.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2011-03-26 02:18:09 »
I suspect that nobody really does.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #67 on: 2011-03-26 03:07:46 »
I did, but for discussion to take place, at least one other person had to actually care.  There were multiple troll droppings between each 'Planes or Cars' post, so I guess I don't care anymore.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011-03-26 03:18:43 »
I suspect that nobody really does.
after reading this whole thing and being a third party who is not directly involved with either side, I can pretty much say this as a certainty  :evil:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #69 on: 2011-03-26 06:35:39 »
Why oh why do we care this much about whether planes are safer than cars or not?

To answer my own question: We don't.
We don't. This thread is now about who has the biggest "e-peen."

Scratch that above statement -- it was a bit harsh. I apologize.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-26 06:42:31 by drfeelgud88 »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011-03-26 06:56:04 »
What?!? Sl1982 an admin! yay!!!

Guess Qhimm likes your style  8)

Also for those of you wondering I am tired. Also I'd imagine this thread won't be here in the morning as completely unrelated chances aren't lookin to good.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011-03-26 07:03:57 »
haha whats really sad is that kudi put this post together in a few minutes and worked up 70 replies in a single day whereas I have been busting my ass on my project for the past several weeks and I have only racked up about 12 posts  :'(

honestly I find that hilarious

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011-03-26 07:05:07 »
Congrats on the promotion.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011-03-26 16:41:25 »
haha whats really sad is that kudi put this post together in a few minutes and worked up 70 replies in a single day whereas I have been busting my ass on my project for the past several weeks and I have only racked up about 12 posts  :'(

honestly I find that hilarious

I didn't start that thread; it was split off from another one.

Interestingly, obesebear decided to split the thread starting from the moment that I disagreed with Seifer, obviously implying that the mere act of disagreeing with him is trolling.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011-03-26 17:27:32 »
There is no need to be putting words in peoples mouths. Maybe it got split at that point because it made the most sense? Disagreeing is not trolling, baiting maybe (but I dont think so in this case). But when an argument starts does it not make sense to split it at where the argument started?