Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 569204 times)

Claude

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #625 on: 2007-02-08 05:05:54 »
Hay ppl here are then pics

Looks really great, finally got this modification working on my FF. Perfect... keep up the good work and thanks!  :-)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2007-02-08 08:39:40 »
Hay Borde nice work on the model i like it

Looks really great, finally got this modification working on my FF. Perfect... keep up the good work and thanks!  :-)

well it good that you got this working and thank you

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2007-02-08 10:35:07 »
Since it's been a long time since I showed some real activity in this project, I'm posting a little screen of my latsest work:
I'm not very satisfied with the result... Oh well, I've already spent enough time with it. You can decide for yourself If it really deserves been included into the patch.

I like the previous model more. Maybe I'm just used to it. But the new face is really strange..the body is nicer, though.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2007-02-08 11:15:40 »
Well more pics ok the one's i'm going to show still some work

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/untitled3-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/untitled-3.jpg

LOL a Barrel ok i was joking but started thinking what the hell do it
next model's are

Dolphin - (bdcd)
 umm i dont know have to chat to the guys see what there doing

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2007-02-08 11:26:49 »
Since it's been a long time since I showed some real activity in this project, I'm posting a little screen of my latsest work:
I'm not very satisfied with the result... Oh well, I've already spent enough time with it. You can decide for yourself If it really deserves been included into the patch.

I like the previous model more. Maybe I'm just used to it. But the new face is really strange..the body is nicer, though.

Then again, I looked at the model and now I know what so strange about the figure besides face. It's those huge boots! OK, I like big boots but not on someone practising martial arts. The new model has more frail body. Like in AC. But the boots make it look really weird. Borde, if you don't want to mess with the new model anymore then I'm for the older one.  :-)

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2007-02-08 12:28:20 »
I didn't meant AC-like  detailed-wise, but look-wise ie clothes and such.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2007-02-08 14:51:20 »
ice_cold513 : Nice models again :-) nice work!

NeXaR: Well if you just meant with even more detail than the one we do right now... well it's just a question of time since Reunion made possible to import 3ds to ff7.  My model I doing right now is made entirely from the scratch with 3ds  :-).  I didn't import it in ff7 yet though... it's still being constructed.  But the problem we have with the clothes is that ff7 engine doesn't support skins witch mean that we have to use more than one parts for only one clothes.

Anyways here a shot of what I've done so far with this model... it's snwom_sk:
(
I'll have to refine some parts.... especialy the boots... the colors aren't like they will be... I will have to recolor it once I will convert it in ff7 model anyway... so I didn't took the time to color it perfectly.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-08 17:27:49 by stormmedia »

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2007-02-08 15:05:40 »
This has been discused a lot of time.... first because making a model as detailed as the AC models would take too much time and ... and.. haha well.. it wouldn't fit with the creepy backgroud anyway... even if we one day manage to filter them.
And more importantly they won't fit the characters displayed in the ingame AVI movies. And unfortunately neither does Borde's new Tifa model.
I think for this mod it would be the best to stick most close to the movie models. Therefore I really think you should keep the old battle Tifa! It would fit the game in much better way!
(The new one also looks a little bit strange to me with its feet and the new face.)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2007-02-08 15:09:15 »
Well... I don't realy agree with you about that... that's true that it will be a little weird because of the movies... but I think that we should do the models the better we can ingame ... beside... why not change the one in battles as well one day ??.. don't you think that the gaming experience would be even better with battles with even better models ?? hehe...  even though the avi movies will still look wierd... I don't think it's very important.

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2007-02-08 15:55:32 »
No, because the difference lies not only with the movies, but - like you said also before - also in the backgrounds. And as much as I like and prefer the new High-Poly models, a too realistic look will clash with the rest of the game. Your new model, unfortunately,  has the same problem. It looks much better and much more realistic than the old one and judging independently would be the better choice (and must have been quite some work ;-) ), but it doesn't fit very well with the rest of the game.
If you would make a total remake, than I would also opt for a totally realistic look, but as it now is: Please leave the "old new" Tifa.  :-)

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2007-02-08 16:15:56 »
@Stormmedia

OK, I was just wondering... ^_^

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2007-02-08 16:33:32 »
Well.. my new model... or the new tifa one will still fit the background... what wouldn't fit the backgroud is only if we makes too much material information in our models... like makes a shirt looks as realistic as we even see all the detail of the textil.  But anyway I don't think that the .p files support such material infromation... as I said I beleve the new models will fit anyway... once I got my models in ff7 I gonna give you a shot of what it looks ingame :wink:.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2007-02-08 16:47:46 »
Keep up the great work. I don't think more precise model would be much more unfitting in the background because if you use hi-res patch and eventually even anti-aliasing then just about anything looks quite unfitting in the pixelated backgrounds.
But it would be more appropriate to make those models that were not touched yet and perfectionize after. I would not like to sound pushy, don't get me wrong. But there is still chance that after some time you maybe wouldn't be able to finish your work or something and there will remain models untouched that would look inadequately next to those remade several times. That would be great pity, no?

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2007-02-08 16:49:08 »
I personally like better the model to the right as I find it more faithful to the original...And no, not only because of the bigger boobs!  :-D I believe I can say I second Wintermute's opinion about models. But no matter what you decide to do I will always be infinitely grateful for your hard job! I just hope our feedback is appreciated...
« Last Edit: 2007-02-08 16:52:56 by Salk »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 2007-02-08 17:26:40 »
miracle.flame: Don't worry I don't think we will stop working on the project ... well I don't think we will stop soon anyway... there is slow down sometime and even pause in the work.. but totaly stop... I think it will be long before that happen hehe...

Salk: Well ... once the models are all finish we gonna remake some models... if not all... because we want to do them the better we can... but we will always make sure that it still fits with the rest of the game... exept maybe for the preredered video (the .avi) I mean... I don't think it's important that the models are exatly looking like them... I think we should just take them as model... but improve them.  Anyway... we still have new models to do before redoing models.... I don't think Borde will decide to add the new Tifa model in the next patch since nobody seems to want it... ... but at the end we will rework on all the main character models to improve them... if the new Tifa model is not in the next patch... it is still a good start to improve Tifa isn't it :wink:.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-08 17:29:09 by stormmedia »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2007-02-08 18:54:57 »
Ok, ok, I got it. Yes, the face looks really ugly in this shot. Actually it looks better without that shinny light from Biturn. Anyway, I admit my failure. Let's just forget about that model... for now :-P.
I supose I can use recycle some parts for other models.
About the size of the boobs... no, frankly I don't think they are too small. What I think is that the original ones were far too big.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2007-02-08 20:47:27 »
About the size of the boobs... no, frankly I don't think they are too small. What I think is that the original ones were far too big.

Yeah thay too big and fake looking your models look more life like

Stormmedia
I been thinking that some battle models need redoing to and nice model you got there face looks like a man

So i was going to start work on
Wizard - Normal (gabe)
Knight - Normal (dzbb)
Bike - Normal (brgd)
Bike - Arcade (gjeb)
Basket Ball - Normal (gjcf) Hehe

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2007-02-09 06:38:45 »
Thanks for your answers! One more small opinion from me, if you care to read. About "boobs". My take, and perhaps many others' as well, is that it would be good to make the models better (like you do so wonderfully) and at the same time try and keep a little of the original characteristics of the original models.

Now, having big boobs is one of the characteristcs of Tifa and, how to say, make her boobs normal surely makes it more realistic but it loses something more important: identity. It's liike making Lara Croft's original boobs (Tomb Raider 1, I mean) smaller. I have always been against to making them bigger but liked to have them like they were the first time wa saw her on the original game.

Another example: perhaps we might think that in the future Cloud should look better without those impossible spiked hair. It would be more realistic. But just as for Tifa's boobs (even the colours seem so much more faithful in the former model, Borde), it would mean to create almost a new character. A character people that played the game before will not identify himself with.

Hopefully my feedback can be of some use to you, guys!

And thanks for everything!  :-)

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2007-02-09 14:59:55 »
Now, having big boobs is one of the characteristcs of Tifa
I think these are two characteristics.  :-D Just kidding!
But I know what you mean. These kind of problems apply to all sorts of "improving" projects like retexturing for FPS games. It is sometimes difficult to improve and heighten the resolution the original texture without loosing the original art and putting too much of your own "vision" into it, which shouldn't be the goal of such a project - IMHO.
but we will always make sure that it still fits with the rest of the game... exept maybe for the preredered video (the .avi) I mean... I don't think it's important that the models are exatly looking like them.
Hm, I guess we just have different opinions about this point, because I think it is important that they look at least similar.
I think that one of the great things about this mod is, that all models - ingame, battle, world and AVIs - finally look alike and thus the game feels more complete. This improves the immersion feeling a lot.

I agree with miracle.flame that it would be better if you guys first complete the "half realistic" models before starting to even further improve the already finished ones. Otherwise - apart from the fact, if they fit to the backgrounds and movies or not - we would have three different kind of models: the original low poly ones, the half poly "battle like" ones and some more realistic with more human faces. And this mixture would really look a somewhat weird.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-09 15:01:53 by Wintermute »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2007-02-09 22:49:01 »
Awwww... I think I haven't explained myself correctly. I'm not interested in making models "realistic". I just want them to have better quality. But seriously, I find original Tifa's boobs plain disgusting. Just an opinon and I can see It's not very wide-spread.
About how the models fit... well, just take a look at the original field models. They barely resemble what you can see on the movies or even on the fights.
My personal opinion is that we should do them as good looking (not necesarily realistic) as we can. They won't fit in those lowress backgrounds, anyway. Nor even the battle models do.
Stormmedia's model looks very good. I think It's not very diferent from what you can see on the videos.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2007-02-10 09:53:09 »
Yes lets just end this now and start it chatting about it when we get to v1.0
Who knew that boob's would spark so much agro

Back to topic more pics time
Wizard - (gabe)
Knight - (dzbb)

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2007-02-10 20:16:28 »
@Borde: Yes, I can see your point; but this what I meant with difference between personal opinion and what the game art looks like. I think that the other example with cloud's hair was very good, since I personly think that his haircut (and also his giant sword) look totally ridiculous and stupid, but even so I would be against changing that, since it kind of belongs to the game.
Yes lets just end this now and start it chatting about it when we get to v1.0
Who knew that boob's would spark so much agro
Nah, no agro - just constructive criticism.  :-D
And as you should know I was already "discussing" other model modifications before. ;-)

Anyway, nice new pictures!

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2007-02-10 20:37:15 »
He's right.  :roll:

By the way my opinion about the boobs... the old - too big, the new - too small. ))) Now I don't think it's the size of the boobs that makes them ugly in old model..it's just that shape. They are shaped somehow weird. If they were shaped like on Borde's new model but slightly bigger. Now, that would be it.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-10 20:41:26 by miracle.flame »

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2007-02-11 02:12:39 »
I second that. Being that big and low-poly make them look like 8-faced horizontal piramyd instead of sferic.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2007-02-12 17:31:04 »
Jejeje! ok, ok, I understand. By the way, good pics ice_cold513. I'm specially surprised with the knight, very good job.