Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1244876 times)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
Now in Junon i've leveled to lvl 45~50 and i'm afraid i won't get problems until Ruby weapon.
:-o
I've beaten the game at level 39 before, you do some hardcore leveling

Humm, let me do some math then.  ;D
I started leveling there with 15k gil, atm i have 300k, means ~285k since i started leveling. Assuming i get 4k per battle i did 70~75 battles in total. Wasn't that hard, actually. For the first ~10 battles i've used 2 Beta per battle. For the next ones it was just running around with enemy lure and keep circle pressed while reading forums. I guess i leveled every 4 battles or so. Got limit 3.2 on Cloud and Barret and like 6~7 materias mastered  :oops:

I guess i have to do a run someday like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMB1eWxrYA

Maybe then i'll get a challenge  :P

P.S.: Have to say that i miss the original "Still More Fighting" song :b

Can someone please upload the patcher on a different place? The link doesn't support download manager and my internet connection isn't stable (it has a good speed but get disconnected its easy) because of that i can't download the patcher. if it was on Megaupload, easyshare, mediafire or even ifile i could use Jdownloader to resume the download.

Sorry for my bad english...

Doubt that a 2gb file can be stored in such places.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-13 20:02:22 by Nightmarish »

SpartanHex

Doubt that a 2gb file can be stored in such places.

1.79 gb* = 2 megaupload links or 18 mediafire/easyshare/ifile links

Until i find a mirror i will keep trying download from that link...

Claude

• View Profile
Thanks alot for this, will try it out soon, 20 minutes to go for the download to finish :)

binacaboy

Hey everyone,

First off, I've embarked on many mods/projects in my day and I must say titeguy3 is doing a great job on getting back to everyone on their problems, I'm highly impressed mainly because that usually isn't the case on most projects like this one.  Now on to mine.  I'm running FF7 in Windows 7 (x64) at 1920x1200 and using smartbloom.post however I feel as though the 2D backgrounds that the models run on are highly pixelated, much more than what i've seen in some of the youtube videos.  I reinstalled Team Avalanche's 0.9 release with no results.  Could it be because of my high resolution monitor, am I just crazy and that is how the game is supposed to look??  Below I've provided you with 2 screenshots of what I'm talking about.  Thanks in advance.

Rob

PS - Right Click View Image to see a higher resolution

You can notice it here on the rails of the saloon/bar or on the old railroad post cloud is standing next to

You can see it here on the bottle that is sitting on the table

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Models have not been redone yet. It is a WIP

binacaboy

Excellent, happy to know I'm not crazy.  One more quick one, if I want to go back to the original translations for nostalgia purposes do I just overwrite files form my original discs?  If so which ones?

Thanks
Rob

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Excellent, happy to know I'm not crazy.  One more quick one, if I want to go back to the original translations for nostalgia purposes do I just overwrite files form my original discs?  If so which ones?

Thanks
Rob
flevel.lgp, kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, and scene.bin.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Hi there.
I'm trying to play this with my new win7 install, and I'm getting a few errors.
I made a clean install, aplied the patch, the 2.5 and the 2.5.1 updates, configed and when I tried to play, lame grafics with lots of bugs, no fmvs.
I reaplyed ff7movkeyC64.reg to be sure, and now I get an imediate CTD on start.

The only thing I changed was the vista->7 and moving from the standard dir to a custom one (I changed and corrected all the bat's though).
FF7OpenGL.reg does not fix this now.
Any thoughts?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hi there.
I made a clean install, aplied the patch, the 2.5 and the 2.5.1 updates, configed and when I tried to play, lame grafics with lots of bugs, no fmvs.

The only thing I changed was the vista->7 and moving from the standard dir to a custom one (I changed and corrected all the bat's though).
Any thoughts?

if you have a custom directory you're going to have to edit the registry manually. I'll fix this in the next version of the installer.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Hi there.

Any thoughts?

if you have a custom directory you're going to have to edit the registry manually. I'll fix this in the next version of the installer.

Feel free to grab the code out of the nsis script i made that detects 64bit/32bit and grabs the install directory from the registry.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Feel free to grab the code out of the nsis script i made that detects 64bit/32bit and grabs the install directory from the registry.

Thanks, but I've got it done for the most part, just have to get around to testing it.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Does not seem to be the problem...
Installed to the standard dir and now I get a black screen instead of the crash.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Does not seem to be the problem...
Installed to the standard dir and now I get a black screen instead of the crash.
well that's at least a less severe problem. APP.log or the FF7Music debug console should tell you why the crash is occurring.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
It does not crash now.
It hangs with a black screen and stops responding.
No log at all.

Ok... This time it was the ogl reg error.
Everything working as it should, except:
Firefox now prevents ff7 of going fullscreen.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-14 19:27:23 by eXistenZe »

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Am I just crazy, or does Those Who Fight seem to play where it would normally be Those Who Fight Further?
This is based on your videos, I finished a second PSX run of the game about a week before it occurred to me that people probably modded the PC version.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Am I just crazy, or does Those Who Fight seem to play where it would normally be Those Who Fight Further?
This is based on your videos, I finished a second PSX run of the game about a week before it occurred to me that people probably modded the PC version.
For the bombing mission, "Fighting" plays during the guard scorpion fight, and the bombing mission plays throughout the rest of the mission. Those Who Fight Further isn't heard until you fight Air Buster.

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Just downloaded, installed, and tried this mod pack yesterday and LOVE IT!!!!!

haven't gone very far in the game (just to the first save point), but I LOVE the new opening FMV, love the updated graphics, cleaner music, EVERYTHING!

I have just two questions...

I know that you've said that you're going to add new models when they are finished, so...

1. Are you going to have updated player models for ALL the major characters that you haven't already? (As in Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Vincent, Cid, Red XIII, Cait Sith, Zack, Sephiroth and so forth....)

And in the mean time...

2. Is it possible to use the spiffy high detail models that are used in battles as the field models (kinda like what has been done in the mod already, using the old battle models as the field models, how about using the current battle models as both battle AND field models....) would this be possible to do on my own???

Thanks for your time and answers, and HYPER KUDOS to all who are involved in this project. And especially to you titeguy, because not only have you put this together, but you have CONSISTENTLY helped everyone out with their issues and questions, right up to today!!!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
@MartialKnight, thanks that means a lot. Yes, there are plans for redoing every main cast character, as a matter of fact, most of them have already been started and it's just a matter of time before they are all done. As for Battle-->field model conversion, it's a little more complicated than one would think, each model is comprised of several pieces, a "skeleton", and their textures, which all need to be resized, since the field models are a lot smaller, and recomposed. That being said, if you set aside a few hours of your time, it's not actually all that involved, but the creators of the models usually prefer to do it themselves, so it's best to just wait for that.

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Thanks for replying so fast!

Glad to hear the models are in the works! I love what APZ has done with Cloud and Barret and I can't wait to see what he, or an equally talented modeller(s), can do with the rest of the cast! I have loved FF7 since my sophomore year in highschool, and hadn't picked it back up for probably 10 years or more... Then my buddies and I were talking about it this last weekend and it re-kindled the old spark. So I installed it and started playing again, and I'm a game-mod enthusiast, so I started looking and came across your Remix. Now it's like a drug and i'm HOOKED!!! LOL

As far as fiddling with the battle-->field model conversion, I'm a full time employee on top of being a full time student... so that time crunch dictates that one must wait for others to complete the work, LOL.  But thanks again for the tips and updates!!!

A parting fanatical request...

MUST HAVE NEW MODELS!!! MUST HAVE THEM NOW!!!

:P  ;D

I'll be watching for them to come out! :D

Good Work!!!
« Last Edit: 2010-04-16 19:42:02 by MartialKnight »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Barret was done by Timu Sumisu and Milennia.

MartialKnight

• View Profile
Oh, my bad   ;D

Well two thumbs up to them as well!!!

Marine2k6

AMAZING job with the compiliation man!!  :D Ive played the mod for a few minutes and LOVE what i see! :)

Only problem i have is no music..  :( When i looked in my directory i see all the videos, but no music. I alt-tabbed outa the game per an earlier post, but no FF7Music is running? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

EDIT: I found the music lol. No dice on them playing ingame though!

EDITAGAIN: LOL nvm got it to work! I just ran the FF7Music execute then ran FF7 from three. Again awesome job!! :D
« Last Edit: 2010-04-16 21:46:14 by Marine2k6 »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
AMAZING job with the compiliation man!!  :D Ive played the mod for a few minutes and LOVE what i see! :)

Only problem i have is no music..  :( When i looked in my directory i see all the videos, but no music. I alt-tabbed outa the game per an earlier post, but no FF7Music is running? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

EDIT: I found the music lol. No dice on them playing ingame though!

EDITAGAIN: LOL nvm got it to work! I just ran the FF7Music execute then ran FF7 from three. Again awesome job!! :D

The installer put a shortcut on your desktop and in your classic start menu. Use those, and the music will play.

C1oudslimit

Hey all, I love all the work you've put into this. It's truly inspirational, amazing, and everything people had been looking for from Square pulling the rug under us with the extortion of YES-NO remakes of FF7 itself.

On that note, I am having a universal n00b problem, which many have ran into I've RAN numerous ISO's through daemon tools disc 1, 2, and 3 and AM still having the error window pop up.

Errrmm.. can someone PM me... a cough cough* usable ISO so I can finally manage to run this properly. Here are some current Screen shots.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/686/savev.png

Thanks again... errr.. sorry for trouble.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
This mod doesn't support piracy thus ISO's/cracks and ultima edition won't work.

Btw: titeguy3 in which file do i change resolution?
Wanna record a video :b

EDIT: found it but decided to record it in 800x600 anyway  :lol:
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 12:38:20 by Nightmarish »