Author Topic: Hell Just Froze Over!!  (Read 3515 times)

Goku7

• View Profile
Hell Just Froze Over!!
« on: 2002-10-12 00:58:18 »
Why, you ask?

Because, the latest version of the Improved Tracks Patch AND the "Revision2" DLS are now FINALIZED!! :D

They have been checked out and are good to go.

But, alas, I've hit a snag.  I simply do NOT have the time tonight to e-mail it to Samuel (who usually gives the install package a once-over to make sure I've got it set right), due to a social event I am planning to attend tonight.

So, while the patch(es) are not online yet, this is to let you know, it is complete!

Therefore, over the course of the next few days, I'll give everything another check ('cause I've got the sneaking suspicion in the back of my mind that I've missed a few things, .ini-file-wise), e-mail it to Samuel, and I'll need you guys to see what we can do in the event that the main site is offline due to Ficedula's server being turned off (read: mirror download server duty).

And, of course, we'll need to update the Usefull Links Thread, and, most importantly (at least to me, lol) I need FEEDBACK on the work I've done.  It's the only way the next version gets better, eh?

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
Hell Just Froze Over!!
« Reply #1 on: 2002-10-12 02:41:06 »
On the left side, we have my good old WDM device, on the right side, a completed DLS. Who shall win this vicious battle? Only time will tell... :D

Goku7

• View Profile
Hell Just Froze Over!!
« Reply #2 on: 2002-10-12 18:41:25 »
Ah, but you forget, not everyone has your hardware.

Also, we're talking about FF8, not FF7.

Alas, I'm not at my regular comp right now, so I still haven't gotten anything sent or double-checked yet.  I should be able to get down to business in an hour or two.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
Hell Just Froze Over!!
« Reply #3 on: 2002-10-12 19:06:47 »
Hehehe, I'm talking about FF8. We'll se who will win ~_^

Goku7

• View Profile
Hell Just Froze Over!!
« Reply #4 on: 2002-10-12 21:02:59 »
Alright.  I've just e-mailed the Improved Tracks part of it to Samuel.

Now, all I have to do is sit tight......Aw, shoot.  I just remembered I left something out of the Readme!  I forgot to include what I've done in the 079s-demo.sgt file!

Anyway, the main reason I sent it to him, is because in the past he had been in a better position to upload it to the FFSF site, and because at the time, he had a better grip on how to integrate everything correctly in the FFAddon format than I do (or did), and he probably still does.

However, I do have some concerns, because I haven't seen him around the forums in a long while........I hope he still checks tha email address I sent it too......