Author Topic: Braxus has done it again! New FF6 mp3!!  (Read 4279 times)

Goku7

• View Profile
Braxus has done it again! New FF6 mp3!!
« on: 2002-10-19 22:16:49 »
Incidentally, Nubuo Uematsu+too many Metallica songs=The mp3. (file size: approx. 4.7mb)

Ok, for those of you who remember the FF6 boss battle mp3 remix he (Braxus, of VGmusic.com fame) did that I posted the link to, I've got some fresh meat for you to sink your ears into.

He recently got a new Yamaha MU2000 XG hardware external synth, and of course, with him having what seems to be a fetish for the FF6 boss battle theme (he's done like 5 or 6 different remixes), he's done another one.

It sounds totally different than the last one, but it is still hardcore rock style.

For those of you in disbelief, YES, that is a synthesizer.  No actual guitar recording or soundfonts involved. :P

-edit-
Changed the first line to something that, needless to say, could be an appropriate description. :P

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2002-10-19 23:50:20 »
Yup I'd like to have one of those.  :P

But I'm still overjoyed about finding an XP version of the S-YXG50... MIDIs sound so much better now that its not funny.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-10-20 14:22:31 »
*picks up jaw* I_Want_One.
Wow. You'd prolly have to have an immense skill level to properly use it, though :D Too bad that's another one of my weak areas.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #3 on: 2002-10-20 15:36:47 »
MUST GET! MUST GET! MUST GET!

KENDRILIAN :wicked:

Synergy Blades

« Reply #4 on: 2002-10-20 17:52:44 »
ff8dbap.mp3 is one of my favourites that I downloaded from Braxus' site, it's a piano version of FF8's battle music.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2002-10-20 21:47:32 »
Ok, for those of you who don't know, he doesn't have a download page in the normal sense, you just look directly into the folder.

Access the main mp3 folder from here.  To see his main web site, keep clicking on the "parent Directory" listing.

Other songs I reccommend are the files named FF5dec.mp3, gr3ttsm1k.mp3, ff4fb_mps90-xv5k.mp3 (you'll have to go up one directory level to find it, also, it changes to rock 1 minute or so into the song), and finally, smbmtm1k.mp3, his rock version of the Super mario 1 theme.

Note, though, that not all of them are recorded using the XG synth.  He's also got a Roland SC-8850, and an SBLive! in addition to the XG.  And yes, I think he's got some mad Skillz when it comes to using them.

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2002-10-26 23:18:13 »
I have a YMF724, which sounds just like the soft-synth. You can also have it use DLS if you get the right driver. DLS is what FF8 uses. You download all of the instrument into memory.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2002-10-26 23:37:16 »
Quote from: sfx1999
I have a YMF724, which sounds just like the soft-synth.

*looks at the YMF744 on his Fortissimo, wonders what type of "Mine's better than yours is", comment, then finnally decides not to say one, and decides to be subtle about it instead.....*

:P

You can also have it use DLS if you get the right driver. DLS is what FF8 uses. You download all of the instrument into memory.

That driver.....is it a WDM?  I think I have the same one in my archieves.  It took me practically a year and a half to find it, only to discover that when installed, the driver makes my card lose its EAX and A3D compatibility, but does let me make use of the DirectMusic acceleration......and it makes it too fast in FF8, lol.

But, I would like to compare notes here, since we essentially have "sister cards".  When you use that DLS driver, are you losing any 3Dsound acceleration features on your card (like EAX and A3D), like I am?