Author Topic: Xenogears model extract  (Read 6548 times)

skywing

Xenogears model extract
« on: 2011-05-28 17:43:43 »
I'm been trying to extract the individual models of gears for Xenogears. There's a extractor for scenes but it only works for dir11, models for gears are in dir19 i believe however I couldn't get the extractor to work. Please help.

Thanks

Mako

• View Profile
Re: Xenogears model extract
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-28 18:28:04 »
As I said before...Models are no good right now (from what I understand) is governed by a "simple" scripting system... You really need to know what you are doing. That is the reason I keep pestering Wilhelm and Micky, though I suppose Akari, Cyberman may be able to help. But from what I understand these are very busy people. :?:

FYI, This is an FF7 forum (mainly) try not to be like me pester these nice folk's too much ;-) I am very patient help will come in due time.

Micky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-28 20:04:49 »
I'm been trying to extract the individual models of gears for Xenogears. There's a extractor for scenes but it only works for dir11, models for gears are in dir19 i believe however I couldn't get the extractor to work. Please help.

Thanks
The format is similar, though the data is packaged differently. I don't have time to look at it at the moment, though. Does the q-gears code contain any exporter code for Xenogears?

O01eg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-09 09:47:06 »
I have code for extracting gear's model http://ompldr.org/vOHpkdw
models/file0730.anim.bin - dir12/file1.bin; hierarchy
models/file0731.3d.bin - dir19/file0.bin and dir12/file2.bin; model
bb/file098b.bb.bin - dir18/file72.bin; battle background
For extracting files from disk you can use any extractors from this forums.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-10 18:42:36 »
Thank you soo much 001eg! I shall try this as soon as I get home ^_^

O01eg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-11 18:06:01 »
It's my another model viewer: http://ompldr.org/vOTBuZg
See README.txt, it require SDL, SDL_ttf and libxml.

skywing

« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-30 06:21:25 »
Thanks for responding. I tried your second program and after much work (had to find several SDL, SDL_tft, libxml, etc) I got it to compile in Visual Studio C++ but it all black. I don't get it. How do you run it. The other program couldn't run... Please help.

O01eg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-30 12:11:33 »
Did you get any errors? Try to run it from console.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-30 12:13:14 by O01eg »

skywing

« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-30 23:26:45 »
Thanks for responding extremely quickly  :).
I cannnot make the one in the [kg_xeno] folder work at all. There are quite a few errors when visual studio c++ 2010 try to compile it.  :-\

The one in the [KursProj_anim_model_editor] had quite a few errors. I have to mannually put in the SDL library, SDL_tft library and the libxml libary. After that visual studio c++ 2010 did "build" the solution and I could run the debug from the visual studio c++ but it all black, i couldn't see anything.  :(

I'm not quite a professional programmer so I'm not so good at debugging and figuring out things but I'am willing to try.

Please help me. Would you please upload an executable file or complete instruction of how to do it? I would really really appreciate it with all my heart.

Also it is possible that your program has an exporting function into any file type that either blender, maya, or 3ds max could open? Thanks a lot.

O01eg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-31 02:52:09 »
Thanks for responding extremely quickly  :).
I cannnot make the one in the [kg_xeno] folder work at all. There are quite a few errors when visual studio c++ 2010 try to compile it.  :-\

The one in the [KursProj_anim_model_editor] had quite a few errors. I have to mannually put in the SDL library, SDL_tft library and the libxml libary. After that visual studio c++ 2010 did "build" the solution and I could run the debug from the visual studio c++ but it all black, i couldn't see anything.  :(
I cann't check it because I don't have MSVS 2010.

Try to compile it with mingw.