Author Topic: [WIP] Final Fantasy VII - Revised (Working Title) UPDATED 2/1  (Read 39002 times)

Tsetra

• View Profile
So far this looks Great :-o ! can you do this for the PSX too?

The playstation version has some differences in formatting that make some of the changes I plan on doing beyond my skills. However, as I understand it the Expert Version hack also listed here in Game Tweaking will have some dialog cleaned up and offers a good alternative to this project.

I haven't had as much time to work on this as I'd like. Things will speed up soon though.  :-) Currently I'm doing some work on Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth, making the battles just a tinge more epic. I've added a solution to the cheapness of spamming Knights of Round on Safer Sephiroth that doesn't involve nerfing the summon - a multi-hit counterattack of his own if you use it against him.  8-)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Interesting. Enemies can be made to counter specific attacks? I might make use of that...

And will you be copying gjoerulv's idea of making KotR generally backfireable? He gave it a certain chance of putting the enemy into "peerless" status.

Tsetra

• View Profile
I'm still hashing out how I want to balance the mechanics of the game. I want to keep things as true to the original as possible, so I'm looking at as many non-intrusive ways as possible to accomplish this. Eventually, I will want to get into balance and difficulty. Materia, for example, I find way too cheap. I know "you can find materia everywhere" in the FF7 universe, but I find it hard to believe you can purchase the ability to light guards on fire for like 400 gil...

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
So far this looks Great :-o ! can you do this for the PSX too?

The playstation version has some differences in formatting that make some of the changes I plan on doing beyond my skills. However, as I understand it the Expert Version hack also listed here in Game Tweaking will have some dialog cleaned up and offers a good alternative to this project.

I haven't had as much time to work on this as I'd like. Things will speed up soon though.  :-) Currently I'm doing some work on Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth, making the battles just a tinge more epic. I've added a solution to the cheapness of spamming Knights of Round on Safer Sephiroth that doesn't involve nerfing the summon - a multi-hit counterattack of his own if you use it against him.  8-)
Bummer... Oh well

Looking foward to seeing them [assuming you youtube them]

and, concerning what Klaid said, I think that Aqua,Aquara, and Aquaga wold be neat for the water!

birdparade

i think this project sounds completely awesome. i used to play those demo discs all the time and am glad someone else noticed a few differences in them as well. i really appreciate the idea of a modular pack as well. i don't really like adding things to the game that weren't intended to be there, so i would love to add the extra scenes that were removed but would stay away from a few other things. i am really anticipating this release.

Tsetra

• View Profile
Quick update, after some time spent working on a few Morrowind translation projects I'm back to cracking on this again. At the moment I'm just inserting more and more dialog, so nothing special to show off in screenshots.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
good to hear, was wondering when you were comin back!