Author Topic: Master Website  (Read 7500 times)

blueknavish

• View Profile
Master Website
« on: 2009-03-11 07:39:27 »
Someone should make a website where you can download different models and other things final fantasy. I haven't seen a single site out there dedicated to "everything". There are lots of good models out there but they are randomly hosted on filefront or something like that. Someone make a dedicated site! Thanks.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Re: Master Website
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-11 09:10:25 »
If anyone here is into web design, fire me through a PSD and I'll whack it out into beautiful compliant HTML/CSS ;D

(Tis my jawb)

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-11 12:30:18 »
Someone should make a website where you can download different models and other things final fantasy. I haven't seen a single site out there dedicated to "everything". There are lots of good models out there but they are randomly hosted on filefront or something like that. Someone make a dedicated site! Thanks.

I do think this is an awesome idea! Also theres really usefull tutorials scattered all over the place so all these in one place would be useful. However it would require a few things,

1.Permission from the makers of the mod or patch.
2.What would you use to host the site hotdog?
3.To be updated regularly

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-11 12:35:46 »
I'm not getting *that* involved! ;D
I was just saying I'd lend my skills in developing the website if people are interested (and a design is provided, I've got no hand for design).

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-11 15:03:40 »
Well, I think we lack a good website with updated news on several projects. And the forum here is a mess because there are so many good projects going on. If anyone need someone making the website dynamic, please don't hesitate to ask  :-D I also have a dedicated server, and some money to chip in with if we need a domain name, lol.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-11 15:07:35 by CyberPirate »

CyberPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-11 15:06:37 »
Delete me.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-11 16:26:55 »
OK so it's a good idea, who's going to manage this project?

blueknavish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-12 04:56:44 »
the page doesn't have to be anything fancy, but a giant resource for everything that is ff7 mods. as long as all the information is there it doesn't matter so much what it looks like. look at google and craigslist. simple and gets the job done. i could help out with the site/forum.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-12 13:05:35 »
If this was going to happen, I think it should link to these forums, instead of having it's own.
Think of it in terms of having a small amount of butter (posts/knowledge/members), and having too much bread (too many forums).

I agree with you though: functionality/purpose > design/complexity!

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-13 11:53:31 »
If this was going to happen, I think it should link to these forums, instead of having it's own.
Think of it in terms of having a small amount of butter (posts/knowledge/members), and having too much bread (too many forums).

I agree with you though: functionality/purpose > design/complexity!

that might bring a bit more activity this way too.  :lol:

okay i'm liking this idea also. 'viiprojectcentre'.  :-D

something like this might look good
http://www.ipbforumskins.com/portfolio/Transblue_Index.png

edit: just found this...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8246.0
« Last Edit: 2009-03-13 12:53:12 by Crazy Nova »

koral

« Reply #10 on: 2009-03-13 16:13:37 »
That is a really neat idea, I could try help out too (not with any web-stuff, my web-skillz are dire)  :-D
The Quimm Wiki lists a few, but shouldn't it have been updated with all the newer Mods as they got created?

Would it be FF7 specific, or would it also include the other mods for other FF games?

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #11 on: 2009-03-13 17:24:50 »
Probably should start out FF7 only, but be designed in such a way so that when more FF games become more hackable, it won't be all FF7 themed :)

www.cssremix.com <- design inspiration!

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-03-13 18:16:07 »
That is a really neat idea, I could try help out too (not with any web-stuff, my web-skillz are dire)  :-D

me too

there's not many decent tutorials for the programs available. i'll write a few if this goes ahead

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-03-14 22:00:04 »
I'm interested in helping out with this, but don't know much about coding for a site.

However, maybe we should wait and see what Qhimm says about this? Considering these forums already technically "belong" to a website (his... www.qhimm.com incase anyones forgotten) we should probably see what he has to say about it.

However I totally agree that itd be cool to have a website dedicated to all the mods on this forum and have them easy to access etc.

I'm scared though... these forums have managed to stay "well hidden", and if they get TOO public it might be screaming for a C + D from Sqaure. I kinda like being among the small minority of fans that know about this place. I know its popular, but thats mainly down to linking in youtube videos IMHO.

P.S. I'm aware that we don't endorse illegal pirating of the games nor do we redistribute any of the content for the sole purpose of NOT getting a C + D, they might change their minds if all this gets a little more public. That is, if they don't already know about the extent of the modding that goes on here.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-14 22:03:58 by Prince Lex »